Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HTC Droid Incredible update to Android 2.2 (Froyo) Build 3.21.605.1

Device(s)
    HTC ADR6300 Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Not sure what file you are talking about? or if going back to original software is possible? My saofware version and everything matches what the people with the OTA are getting....

Device(s)
    LG vx9800
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I know some people have argued about using task killer and what not, but in my personal experience, using task killer has improved my battery life. I don't want or need the "stocks" and the espn app running randomly.

Anyways, with that being said, on 2.1, anytime I checked I'd usually have only 1 or 0 apps running and well over 200 M available at any given time by using task killer.

Now, with 2.2, I routinely have 5+ apps running with <200 M even with using task killer. I can kill all apps and then 3 seconds later have HTC stocks, HTC mail, sportscenter, engagdet, HTC news, google maps, weather etc. all running. Even if go to force close, it's not garaunteed that they'll be closed. Task killer couldn't even get the Weather Channel App to stop running completely at all!

I just got this update last night and really haven't played with it too much to gauge the battery life or speed, but I'm concerned that all of these things are running when I don't even want them in the first place OR I only want them to run for 3 minutes every other day when I'm checking them...

Device(s)
    HTC ADR6300 Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I agree they say task killers are no good anymore.... I see my memory down to low 100's or lower now. It's like there is a lot of apps pre loaded in 2.2 i don't want..... and can't stop them from loading.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KMCrane View Post
    I agree they say task killers are no good anymore.... I see my memory down to low 100's or lower now. It's like there is a lot of apps pre loaded in 2.2 i don't want..... and can't stop them from loading.
    Yep I have noticed that too... All this update was is to sell us more stuff we don't need... I need to root and delete all these stupid apps that run all the time. Also I do use app killer and kill the apps every time the screen goes dim. I support killing the apps that I do not use. I don't spend my money on a phone and a service to have apps shoved at me... Also as bad as paying for TV and have to watch 98% of commercials. Free Air HDTV and HULU is the way to go there... Free Free Free...
    Phones: RAZR MAXX / Bionic / HTC TBolt / HTC DInc / BB Tour / BB Storm / BB Curve / Voyager / Env Orange / V3m / E815

Device(s)
    HTC ADR6300 Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I was rooted... with 2.2 but unrooted and did the official update. I have noticed a slower choppier experience, and tons of spam programs. They start up and run all the time. I really loved my phone when it was rooted. I have considered going back someday. ATK was great in 2.1 Now i'm locked into the "big red" subsidized 2.2 froyo

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KMCrane View Post
    I was rooted... with 2.2 but unrooted and did the official update. I have noticed a slower choppier experience, and tons of spam programs. They start up and run all the time. I really loved my phone when it was rooted. I have considered going back someday. ATK was great in 2.1 Now i'm locked into the "big red" subsidized 2.2 froyo
    Yep... Has anyone gone back to 2.1 after upgrading to 2.2? Does it go smooth? Directions? I am thinking of doing it and rooting and just stay that way until I decided to change phones again...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    On 2.1, when receiving a text message, over top of the lock screen the text message would pop up and give you the option to "read" or "close". Is that still present in 2.2 and if so, anyone know how to re-enable it?
    Do or Do Not, There is No Try

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kendive View Post
    Yep... Has anyone gone back to 2.1 after upgrading to 2.2? Does it go smooth? Directions? I am thinking of doing it and rooting and just stay that way until I decided to change phones again...
    I would like to second that. My 2.2 is highly unstable. I called verizon and they told me to do a 'master reset'. Im highly skeptical since its the amount of applications running and the lack of memory appears to be affecting even the BASIC functions such as displaying the text in your textbox as you type. Its invisible for me 90% of the time.

Then ontop of that my data/wifi network connection turns off after abit and will not re-enable without a reboot.

They also told me no downgrade possible. This is trash.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorn View Post
    I would like to second that. My 2.2 is highly unstable. I called verizon and they told me to do a 'master reset'. Im highly skeptical since its the amount of applications running and the lack of memory appears to be affecting even the BASIC functions such as displaying the text in your textbox as you type. Its invisible for me 90% of the time.

Then ontop of that my data/wifi network connection turns off after abit and will not re-enable without a reboot.

They also told me no downgrade possible. This is trash.
    The Inc with 2.2 runs great. If yours does not, then something is certainly wrong.

Do a factory reset - it is a pain, but just do it.
    If that fixes it, then off you go - happy camper. If it does not, then bring that phone back and exchange it for one that ain't broke.

No sense living with a sub-standard device.

Feedback Score
    I have preformed a hardware reset to your recommendation. It seems to have allieviated *some* of the issues but not all....or even most really :P

It did seem to fix the network errors and that is operating smoothy, which was my biggest quirk. It does however still preform VERY slow and I often mis-text because of how slowly the touch pad can get at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Humpa View Post
    The Inc with 2.2 runs great. If yours does not, then something is certainly wrong.

Do a factory reset - it is a pain, but just do it.
    If that fixes it, then off you go - happy camper. If it does not, then bring that phone back and exchange it for one that ain't broke.

No sense living with a sub-standard device.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    The only problem I noticed with the 2.2 update is that the Sense UI widget no longer pulls feed info. When I press on the refresh button, it says there's no updated info. I was working find with 2.1.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dconfer View Post
    Has anyone found a way to turn off it from saying droid during startup?

I haven't been able to figure this one out either....my kids like the sound...but I don't like it if I need to turn on the phone at work.

Anyone?

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zocco View Post

I haven't been able to figure this one out either....my kids like the sound...but I don't like it if I need to turn on the phone at work.

Anyone?
    I didn't think mine made noise at boot up. Is it just the sound for when the sd card is mounted? You can turn that off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 33proof View Post
    I know some people have argued about using task killer and what not, but in my personal experience, using task killer has improved my battery life. I don't want or need the "stocks" and the espn app running randomly.

Anyways, with that being said, on 2.1, anytime I checked I'd usually have only 1 or 0 apps running and well over 200 M available at any given time by using task killer.

Now, with 2.2, I routinely have 5+ apps running with <200 M even with using task killer. I can kill all apps and then 3 seconds later have HTC stocks, HTC mail, sportscenter, engagdet, HTC news, google maps, weather etc. all running. Even if go to force close, it's not garaunteed that they'll be closed. Task killer couldn't even get the Weather Channel App to stop running completely at all!

I just got this update last night and really haven't played with it too much to gauge the battery life or speed, but I'm concerned that all of these things are running when I don't even want them in the first place OR I only want them to run for 3 minutes every other day when I'm checking them...
    Quote Originally Posted by zocco View Post

Anyone?
    Only way is to put phone on vibrate when turning off

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3