Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kyocera Zio M6000 issues

Feedback Score

Exclamation Kyocera Zio M6000 issues

So I've got the phone, but it has so many issues.

First of all, most of the blog entries all said it was multi-touch. It's NOT!! Is there any possibility that's something that could be fixed in the future? I don't know if it has the hw, but maybe they didn't finish sw support or something.

Also, lots of programs randomly close. Like the google maps navigation sw, if I switch from portrait to landscape, it simply exits. I can start in one or the other, but the moment I rotate the phone, closed. There are many programs like that. It seems their implementation is really buggy, I hope 2.1 fixes much of that.

I went to watch a movie trailer on youtube yesterday and the phone simply froze while on the load screen. I had to take out the battery.

One of the biggest things I was looking forward to with this phone was google voice support. I've been using GV for nearly a year now. Well, I installed the google voice app, and it's great, I can use it to call out and for txting. But now, if I try to make any call without google voice it says "cdma: reorder" on the dialing screen and won't complete any outbound calls. So I'm basically forced to only use my GV number, I was planning on that anyway, but it shouldn't break regular calling. I don't know if it will work if I'm out of 3G coverage now, which could be a big issue.

Support is worthless because their only solution is to reset the phone, if that doesn't fix it, too bad.

What other issues are people having? Anything similar? Any solutions to any of these?

Discuss.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phazei View Post

First of all, most of the blog entries all said it was multi-touch. It's NOT!! Is there any possibility that's something that could be fixed in the future? I don't know if it has the hw, but maybe they didn't finish sw support or something.

Also, lots of programs randomly close. Like the google maps navigation sw, if I switch from portrait to landscape, it simply exits. I can start in one or the other, but the moment I rotate the phone, closed. There are many programs like that. It seems their implementation is really buggy, I hope 2.1 fixes much of that.

I went to watch a movie trailer on youtube yesterday and the phone simply froze while on the load screen. I had to take out the battery.

One of the biggest things I was looking forward to with this phone was google voice support. I've been using GV for nearly a year now. Well, I installed the google voice app, and it's great, I can use it to call out and for txting. But now, if I try to make any call without google voice it says "cdma: reorder" on the dialing screen and won't complete any outbound calls. So I'm basically forced to only use my GV number, I was planning on that anyway, but it shouldn't break regular calling. I don't know if it will work if I'm out of 3G coverage now, which could be a big issue.

Support is worthless because their only solution is to reset the phone, if that doesn't fix it, too bad.

What other issues are people having? Anything similar? Any solutions to any of these?

Discuss.
    Wow, I hope these problems are fixed in the update to 2.1.

I really want to get this phone, and this is really making me wonder if I should get it.

Feedback Score
    Oh, another big one I forgot... the touch calibration. When I press, it registers a few millimeters to the left of my finger... Is there anything I can do about that? It's a huge issue when typing. Not as bad with SlideIT (like Swype) because it guesses really well, but even with that program, the blue line that follows my finger is to the left of my finger.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Oh, another big one I forgot... the touch calibration. When I press, it registers a few millimeters to the left of my finger... Is there anything I can do about that? It's a huge issue when typing. Not as bad with SlideIT (like Swype) because it guesses really well, but even with that program, the blue line that follows my finger is to the left of my finger.
    Hmmm, I don't know. I would that would be something they would have fixed before sending out the phone.

I hope they fix these bugs when 2.1 is released!! The phone is under warranty, so if they don't release a fix I wonder if Kyocera would allow the phone to be returned..

Feedback Score
    Oh, and the speaker pops and whistles sometimes, mostly when speaking via google maps navigation, but in general it's a bit staticky.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Oh, and the speaker pops and whistles sometimes, mostly when speaking via google maps navigation, but in general it's a bit staticky.
    Wow, well either you got a bad phone, or you're really picky and notice a lot of different little things. I think you should ask around and see if other people have the same problem. From what I've been reading, most of the phones seem to be working fine. The keyboard is slow to change the landscape mode and the phone freezes when you go to Google Goggles, but other than that I don't remember reading anything bad about the phone. I think you should ask around and see what other people say.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Kyocera Zio M6000 issues

I've had this phone for a few days now and i havent had a problem with it except for a few minor problems. My old phone rings along with my new one when i get a call.

2 when i goto put a user made ring tone one i made from my vast collection of mp3s to make the 30 second clip for a ring tone, apply it on the phone from the root of my sd card and while it plays fine on my windows pc, on the phone it starts out loud which is great then it goes low then loud again then low like some one is turning the volume on a stereo up and down repeatly im using the mp3 codec set to 128 bit 44100 hz stereo tryed 128 bit 44100 hz dual mono and ogg, aif and ac3 would not work phone says in file browser not reconized.

So like i said i only got minor issues with the phone.Wish it could handle android 2.2 since it seems like most of the apps and games out there work on that version only and nothing works for android 1.6. If any one can help me with the ringtone problem that would be great and much appreciated great site and thanks again.

*EDIT* (took out my one problem as i have fixed it) I found a really good program to convert videos to mp4 its winavi mp4/ipod/3gp convertor.

**EDIT 2** I fixed the ringtone problem. I did a factory reset on the phone and it fixed the ringtone problem.
    So after all that this is a great phone love how you control the cars in need for speed shift now im just trying to figure out how to get into the market without signing into google.

P.S If this was the wrong fourm then let me know what the right forum is and ill copy my post there and then you can delete this one.
    Last edited by SnakeFist; 09-06-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Feedback Score
    I have had this phone since thursday and works great. Youtube app works great no problems, sound is clear . I also downloaded a crap load of apps and all work good,simply love the phone! Only problem is my contacts seem to receive multiple texts from me which i seem to have fix so far by reprogramming the phone with *228. You may have gotten a bad phone.

Feedback Score
    I've had my Zio for a little while now, and I'd have to say all of my calls sound crystal clear when using the speaker built into the handset. It's actually better than I first expected, in that regard. On the other hand, every bluetooth hands-free device I've tried pairing it with so far resulted in the person on the other end of the phone's voice coming across as a bit distorted. It's usable, but sounds like the bluetooth volume is turned up too high. (I tried adjusting that though, to no real effect.)

I've had pretty good luck with compatibility with the apps I've downloaded so far, too. Google Goggles kept crashing though, every time it got to where it was trying to turn on the phone's camera. The USA Today app was randomly crashing on me too, when I first tried it, but they did an update to it about 2 days after I got the Zio, and now it works well.

Completely agree about the keyboard calibration being a bit off, though! Every time I type, I notice I have to aim for the far right-edges of the keys or else it thinks I'm hitting the key to the left of the intended one! I kept looking for some recalibration utility but came up empty-handed. Does such a thing exist in the Marketplace?

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Has anybody contacted Kyocera about these issues? I hope they fix them in the next update/release.

Feedback Score
    I contacted them about an update from 1.6 to 2.1 or 2.2 they said no new updates since phone was just released.
    So maybe we will get update in future.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbendr24 View Post
    I contacted them about an update from 1.6 to 2.1 or 2.2 they said no new updates since phone was just released.
    So maybe we will get update in future.
    It's been confirmed that it's getting at least 2.1. We can only hope for 2.2.

I hope they fix the glitches the phone has in the update though. It must be annoying especially with the keyboard (or screen input) being off!

Phone
    Sanyo Zio
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

1.6 does not have multi-touch, those blog writers were misinformed. We should get muti-touch and Flash for the browser when we get the 2.1 update.
    Last edited by kpopgrrl; 09-15-2010 at 12:00 AM.
    I've now got a smartphone but at least it's an Android.

Open Source for life!

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Ok I got a pretty good error here that even Cricket can't seem to fix.

I send a message to a friend who is also on the Cricket network.
    He can receive my messages fine, Heck, I can even send him mms messages, they all work fine.
    But once he replies to my message, the number at the top of the thread is IMMEDIATLY changed to include the Country Code. (+1).
    After this I am unable to send him a message at all until I completely delete his message thread and start over again.

If he innitiates the messages, I cannot respond to them at all, since it immediatly receives a country code with his number.
    His number is Local to me with the same area code.
    This doesn't happen with ANYONE else on my list.

Also, If I make a message to him, and then save the draft and exit, and then come back into the message, it will receive a country code affixed to the number.

Lol.
    Its really not that much of a problem to just delete the message, but it is a bit of a bother to do it EVERY time.

It is worth noting that this does not happen whenever I am sending messages through the SMS Mannager through PDANet.

I have had my phone reprogrammed at least 4 times now and Cricket has just informed me that they have escellated this issue to the higher tier tech support. Still haven't gotten a call (But then again it was pretty late).

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Phones
    QA4
    BB 8330
    VE240
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Found out a nifty trick

Throughout my experience with Android devices, I have found they are just like computers. Anytime you make a change perform a soft reset and the device will correct itself towards the changes made. Usually a task acting quirky means it needs a kernel refresh, so a soft reset does the trick. Maan my Zio is the isht.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast