Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kyocera Zio M6000 issues

Feedback Score
    Hello everyone I thought after reading about the thoughts on this phone I would chime in a little. I agree with the first observations on most of what the phone can do. I thought I would get this thing just to drive it really but guess what? Seems like cricket crap!!! When I bought the phoneI specifically wanted to make sure all the email sevices would work. Guess what? they didnt. Hotmail was a big problem for them to figure out, they say it works the site shows you what settings to use and to no avail they were all useless. Im gouing to post the settings as elemetary as they are just in case anyone tries to follow directions according to them.

they are as follows
    Incoming POP3 Mail Server Settings :
    User Name : yourusername@hotmail.com
    Password : your email password
    Incoming Mail Server : pop3.live.com
    Port : 995
    Mail Box Name : What ever you want, Ex. Hotmail
    Security (Port) : SSL (if available)
    Delete email from server: I put Never, but im not sure if that has anything to do with this.

Outgoing POP3 Mail Server Settings :
    Outgoing Mail Server : smtp.live.com
    Security (Port) : TLS (if available)
    Port : 587
    Check the Box that says "Require sign-in" and then enter your hotmail Username and Password.

and if that dosnt strt you off right, basic apps like twitter arent offered on market, you have to use an alternative and most good ones are missing. The touch functionality really sucks always typos LOTS of em lol.
    the screen needs serious callibration. Very laggy between screens and transitions from vertical and horizontal views, exits as already described. I truely feel they pushed this phone as fast as possible and some guy at Cricket said cool we will take it we have a 30 min talk time then they can't return it any way. Another way to stick the under paid folks as it were. This thing works worse than a htc 6900 flashed to android haha. Definately going back to my flashed to cricket droid what in the world was I thinking!!!

Phones
    Sanyo Incognito
    LG Marquee
    Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Hmm I have been very pleased with this phone since I got it Friday. I will admit texting on it was hard but you learn how to work it in a few days. I love the Navigation future on this phone.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

No market/app internet accessability

I've had the Sanyo Kyocera zio for about three days now. It's my first andriod phone although I've messed around with other andriods. The keyboard does give me occasional difficulties. Everything else seems to run fine, except for the andriod market and internet dependant applications. My web explorer works very well on this phone. I'm pretty computer savvy and have adjusted settings, files, and done resets. Pretty much everything except factory reset. The market is only accessable to me when I'm connected to wifi.

So I have two questions.
    1: is the market app and other internet reliant apps only accessable on wifi connection with the 1.6 andriod os?
    2: if the market and internet reliant apps are not dependant upon wifi, what must I do to correct this problem?

Any help is most appreciated. If I discover any bug/issue fixes I'll post them here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurusonkai View Post
    I've had the Sanyo Kyocera zio for about three days now. It's my first andriod phone although I've messed around with other andriods. The keyboard does give me occasional difficulties. Everything else seems to run fine, except for the andriod market and internet dependant applications. My web explorer works very well on this phone. I'm pretty computer savvy and have adjusted settings, files, and done resets. Pretty much everything except factory reset. The market is only accessable to me when I'm connected to wifi.

So I have two questions.
    1: is the market app and other internet reliant apps only accessable on wifi connection with the 1.6 andriod os?
    2: if the market and internet reliant apps are not dependant upon wifi, what must I do to correct this problem?

Any help is most appreciated. If I discover any bug/issue fixes I'll post them here.
    I had the EXACT same problem when I got my ZIO activated by Cricket. Call customer service, refreshed features, not working, blah blah blah. They sent me over to PDA tech support turns out I was on the WRONG $55 dollar plan. Tech switch the plan and I was up and going after a reboot.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Thank you, KosmoK. Get that taken care of tomorrow. I had a feeling it was something along those lines. Was wondering what they did with the plans because they changed them around. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Feedback Score

Road Runner Pop3 connection

I love the phone and cricket service... Works very well and fast... the only issue I'm having is connecting to my Road Runner mail... I've used the settings provided by road runner below; but no luck....Does anyone have any advice?

The outgoing (SMTP) mail server address is:

smtp-server.carolina.rr.com OR smtp-server.roadrunner.com (i.e., your SMTP Server Name will have the same ending as your e-mail address)

The incoming (POP3) mail server address is:

pop-server.carolina.rr.com OR pop-server.roadrunner.com (i.e., your POP Server Name will have the same ending as your e-mail address)

Phone
    Sanyo Zio
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    IMO, the problem with programs randomly closing when rotating the phone is actually caused by accidentally touching the home or back buttons. It's easy to do especially when they are not lit up, I've done it before. I would have preferred physical buttons to touch buttons but I'll just have to learn to be more careful.
    I've now got a smartphone but at least it's an Android.

Open Source for life!

Feedback Score
    The only problem I've had so far with the phone is the battery life. This morning for example, I took the phone off the charger and within 10 minutes of use I had gone from 100% battery life to 88%. After about 4 hours of minimal use, the phone needs to be recharged. Anyone else having an issue with battery life? I called customer service and they told me to turn off the LED light at the top right and charge it that way and it should improve. I have no idea how that would help, and I haven't been able to find an option in the phones settings to even turn the LED off. Suggestions? Seems like I may have to visit a store and try to get the battery swapped out.

Phones
    Sanyo Incognito
    LG Marquee
    Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Download a task killer and add a power control widget to your home screen, turn of the gps, the background data, and put it on the lowest brightness setting. I also found with the zio to let it die and full charger it, it will help break the battery in. Hope that helps.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    A task killer running in the background should do the trick. There also is an app that will prevent apps from starting up when you turn your phone. Very handy with this device.

I would also like to note that the more and more i play with the Zio, the more i realize that it is just like a computer. The Zio seems like a computer that could use an upgrade, but im used to using slower devices, so i have no problem.

Not dissing it at all, im actually writing this on one right now. Just think of the task killer like the "Three Finger Salute" and you'll be fine.

Hope that helps.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    A task killer running in the background should do the trick. There also is an app that will prevent apps from starting up when you turn your phone. Very handy with this device.

I would also like to note that the more and more i play with the Zio, the more i realize that it is just like a computer. The Zio seems like a computer that could use an upgrade, but im used to using slower devices, so i have no problem.

Not dissing it at all, im actually writing this on one right now. Just think of the task killer like the "Three Finger Salute" and you'll be fine.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    ok so i got my zio today and was loving it up until a few hours ago. what has happened is when i lock it if i leave it sitting around for a little while and hit the end button to light it back up the screen doesn't do anything. the 4 touch buttons do but the screen stays black and it won't turn off with me just holding power button so i have to take the battery out which messes my settings up ;/.... this has happened 3 times now wtf??

Phones
    QA4
    BB 8330
    VE240
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zyrtek69 View Post
    ok so i got my zio today and was loving it up until a few hours ago. what has happened is when i lock it if i leave it sitting around for a little while and hit the end button to light it back up the screen doesn't do anything. the 4 touch buttons do but the screen stays black and it won't turn off with me just holding power button so i have to take the battery out which messes my settings up ;/.... this has happened 3 times now wtf??
    Did you install any new apps from market? I found this issue occurred after I installed an app that used a lot of the CPU process like Pandora. Next time you get an app restart your phone so it can adjust the software. These things are just like computers they need a refresh.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by funkdubius2047 View Post
    Did you install any new apps from market? I found this issue occurred after I installed an app that used a lot of the CPU process like Pandora. Next time you get an app restart your phone so it can adjust the software. These things are just like computers they need a refresh.
    i did'nt directly restart after i downloaded pandora but i did do a restart and it happens when it goes into stand by or i put it and leave it idle for about 10 mins. then i hit the button and the screen attempts to light up but it doesnt actually turn on. im going to cricket to see what they say

Feedback Score
    Has anyone had problems with text messaging? I can send texts no problem and people receive them pretty fast. I haven't been able to receive a text message back for the last 2 days.. I've had them reset it, i've factory reset the phone and dialed *228 a million times.. nothing is working. I'm about to sell the phone and switch providers. I'm tired of all the problems and I've only had the service a week.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast