Thread: Motorola vs Samsung

Phone
    Motorola W376g
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Motorola vs Samsung

I have had the Motorola W376g in the past and have been satisfied with the reception and sound quality. I also had a LG600 that needed to be returned immediately due to intermittent reception. I am due for a new phone. Would the Samsung T301 likely give me reception problems like the LG did or is it a good choice? I like being able to see who is calling without opening the phone, but this is minor compared to reception and clarity.
    He who dies with the most toys losses the most.

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    I have found the radios (what actually transmits and receives the call) in the motorolas are generally better than the samsungs. reception, sound, speaker phone I like better with the motorolas. samsung does make good screens and processors, however if you dont have a signal and cant hear your call it doesnt do you much good. I have found motorola's to be generally more solid than samsungs, however, samsung seems to be improving especially in their higher end phones on other carriers.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Phones
    iPhone 5 White, Galaxy S4 White
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    t301g will probably offer really poor reception. Samsung has only made good antennas for their Galaxy S line of phones.

Speaks for itself, Sprint. Try more actions and not lip service.
    Google+

Feedback Score
    (Both phones discussed below are Tracfones and have AT&T SIMs)

My Motorola W376G has extremely impressive signal-grabbing and voice quality (both earpiece and speakerphone). I bought it because it was rumored to be tops in all these categories, and I can confirm that it is. I've already made clear calls with the W376G while the LG 420G was "NO SERVICE" (way out in the boonies, in farmland with cows everywhere). It usually has 1-2 more bars than the LG everywhere I go. Signal-grabbing is pretty awesome.

I've had intermittent AT&T network problems with it in my area, but also with the Trac LG420G, so it's not the W376G's fault, it's AT&T's fault. It's been good for a few days now, so maybe they fixed the problems in my area.

Bottom line though: I have a whole new respect for Motorola after using this W376G for awhile. Phones are supposed to make and receive calls clearly and even in fringe coverage areas. All else is fluff. The Motorolas, at least my model anyway, appear to be EXCELLENT at these core phone functions.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    For what it is worth, my Samsung T201G (flip phone on Net10) works just fine. I did have to return the first one as it froze up on me, but the replacement is working great!

Phones
    w370
    w376
    w170
    Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Personally I prefer the w370, but only becuse I just need a fone..no texting no pics no web...but I can call my Mother! Call yours!!