Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Post Your 4G WiMAX Speeds!!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    My highest yet peak speed.

Hillsboro, Oregon area @ 12:51pm

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Awesome! If Sprint/Clear can consistently deliver that type of performance even when the subscriber numbers increase, they will have a bona fide hit on their hands. They could get that latency down a bit though.
    Thrill me...

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702
    Awesome! If Sprint/Clear can consistently deliver that type of performance even when the subscriber numbers increase, they will have a bona fide hit on their hands. They could get that latency down a bit though.
    The latency is too high, the speeds have been sporadic. I don't want to name anyone as I've been in contact with several people at Sprint on their side of this network vs Clear. There is a difference in loss of signal and consistent performance at this time. For instance, on Clear you will regularly see "full bars" where as on Sprint it's very rare. On Clear, latency is well below 100ms and on Sprint it is about the same as 3G. I do understand and I am aware that the "official launch" was very recent(August 16th).

Do I think this will "sort it's self out"?, yes more than likely. I say this because back in late December/early January network performance was erratic near/after launch on "Clear" mobile data card. The funny thing is that my concern prior to purchasing the U300 was possible lack luster 3G performance since it is a "Dual Mode" device, but it has been an excellent 3G antenna.

Maybe it can't get here soon enough ?

1)Maybe the U300 hasn't held up to standards/expectations?
    2)Maybe users want simultaneous 3G/4G connections capability?
    3)Maybe users want automatic reconnect back to 4G network when back in 4G coverage? (see #2)

The only confirmation from some Sprint peeps inside is that the U301 will do "auto reconnect to 4G when back in 4G coverage". I asked "them" if it will do simultaneous 3G/4G connections, "they" did not know or remember. The current U300 will allow simultaneous 3G/WiFi.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by celluser7
    well when Wimax gets here, if it ever does, and its available thru a cell phone and i can tether it and get a consistent 6M+ , then ill drop my 6M dsl....
    Asia GSM version ECS U170 "eMAX"

(tethering is the primary feature)

The ECS U170 eMAX is especially designed for the connected youth/student sector, providing a low-cost, compact device that functions both as a WiMAX USB modem dongle and a mobile phone. The device can be connected to any notebook/laptop computer to provide WiMAX functionality for internet/data service, or detached from the computer to function as a mobile phone for voice and SMS service.

http://www.wimaxian.com/2009/02/11/e...-mobile-phone/

There is a similar phone w/fold out USB port in this Clear video

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Back on topic here, my fastest speed at home since I've had 4G WiMAX (January 2nd) notebook docked near window.

Not bad for being "out of the coverage area".

5:26pm

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint since 1999
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati
    Back on topic here, my fastest speed at home since I've had 4G WiMAX (January 2nd) notebook docked near window.

Not bad for being "out of the coverage area".

5:26pm
    Nice!!!!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    INSIDE THE TUNNEL east bound Highway 26 @ 1:21pm

I noticed a Clear tech working on a new tower near there last week.

Feedback Score
    At my office I get great speeds. But at my house a mere couple blocks from a Clear tower I get this and lower:

And this is actually good for my house. It is 7:40 AM. I will post again later when more people are on the tower.
    I need some judges at my website for a contest, PM me for more info.

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    That's not great. You can get that type of performance from Sprint EVDO. Perhaps they're still tweaking the network in your neighborhood.

Feedback Score
    As promised. Here we are later in the day. Current time 3:25

This has been going on since I started service. Remember that I am less than 2 blocks from the Clear tower.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint since 1999
    Feedback Score
    Oh WOW!!! Thats really Bad

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm in the Atlanta area and have the pick 1 unlimited home package. When I get back to my house this evening I will do a few speed tests and post them in here. Off the top of my head I know that the uploads usually only go to 0.9 - 1.1 Mb/s while my downloads usually go between 4 - 11 Mb/s. I have the Motorola Home Modem with 4/5 green solid bars lit at all times.

One question: I currently am on the special promotion for $22.50 for 6 months for pick 1, and then it goes back up to $45 for the rest of my 2 year contract. If I decide after the 6 months that I want to move to a pick 2 pack for mobile and home service will I be able to switch to a special pricing offer if they are offering one at the time? Like right now they are offering the Pick 2 pack at $50 for life (normally $60) as a promotion through 10/31/09, so if they were still running it when my six months were up can I get it at that price or will they make me pay the $60 since I am already taking advantage of a special promotion.

Device(s)
    iPhone 2G Unlocked/Jailbroken 3.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Was just in North East Philly and picked this up from my Clear USB Modem while inside the mall there.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Downtown Vancouver, WA. @ about 1:45pm

Device(s)
    Treo Pro at present
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    <<wrong thread - sorry >>

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast