Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: roamed on 310-730 in Maine?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Uhde View Post
    According to GSM World, US Cellular had a planned launch of GSM 850 for August 1st, 2010. It must've happened!

P.S. Yup, USCC for sure, this site confirms that 310-730 is US Cellular not Sea Mobile:

http://www.imsiadmin.com/ByHNIns.cfm
    Yes, confirmed here http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/index.html
    Good find.

What's going on at USCC? Are they planning a transition to GSM/UMTS or is this a roaming-only network with a planned customer transition to LTE in the future?

Device(s)
    Pixel2, s8+, s8, s7e, Pro3, Axon 7, Nexus 5+6+5x, Note 4, moto xp
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, Project Fi, att, tmo, FreedomPop, trac/att, Red Pocket/vzw, Tello, tru, lyca, ekit
    Feedback Score
    Hitting 730 here at South Arm ME. Never had gsm here before. New vzw signal here (must have finally replaced the unicel tdma cell) so i figured it was them but makes more sense to be usc. Gsm 850 channel 129 which i assume is CELL A. Can't register with ekit. Now that usc gets basically no roaming from vzw they my as well compete for gsm roaming revenue.
    --
    CellGuru

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NHCharmedOne View Post
    I also have the 3gs, how were you able to select the network manually? I would like to know so that maybe when I keep getting no service could try doing that.
    Well I have an IPhone 4 now, but it's probably the same for the 3GS. If you're running IOS 4 and have your phone Jailbroken and then unlocked with the latest version of UltraSn0w, it gives you the network selection menu. I'm not sure if this will help your no service problems though, because even though I have network selection enabled and can see the other networks, it does not mean that AT&T actually lets me roam on them. If I didn't have network selection enabled, had no AT&T native signal, but was allowed to roam, the phone would jump over to roaming automatically. The network selection is nice when you're in a situation where you have a poor AT&T native signal and AT&T allows roaming on a partner carrier who has a stronger signal in your particular location.

Also..when I view the available networks in the network selection menu, I unfortunately don't see AT&T, Unicel, etc. They all show up as AT&T (AT&T is listed multiple times, once for each network the phone detects). The only way I know that I'm actually roaming is to look at the MNC, or if I dial an invalid number (which gives me the network recording--which is how I found out I was on USCC).

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    "What's going on at USCC? Are they planning a transition to GSM/UMTS or is this a roaming-only network with a planned customer transition to LTE in the future?"

Well, there's no UMTS planned. The GSM World site is very clear that it's a GSM 850 network. It would say 3G 850 instead of GSM 850 if they were planning UMTS. So yeah, sounds roam-only to me...

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtludwig View Post
    Well I have an IPhone 4 now, but it's probably the same for the 3GS. If you're running IOS 4 and have your phone Jailbroken and then unlocked with the latest version of UltraSn0w, it gives you the network selection menu. I'm not sure if this will help your no service problems though, because even though I have network selection enabled and can see the other networks, it does not mean that AT&T actually lets me roam on them. If I didn't have network selection enabled, had no AT&T native signal, but was allowed to roam, the phone would jump over to roaming automatically. The network selection is nice when you're in a situation where you have a poor AT&T native signal and AT&T allows roaming on a partner carrier who has a stronger signal in your particular location.

Also..when I view the available networks in the network selection menu, I unfortunately don't see AT&T, Unicel, etc. They all show up as AT&T (AT&T is listed multiple times, once for each network the phone detects). The only way I know that I'm actually roaming is to look at the MNC, or if I dial an invalid number (which gives me the network recording--which is how I found out I was on USCC).
    I will have to give it a shot, thank you for the info, I want to JB it anyway though I tried it using blackra1n and had to restore phone back to original settings lol itunes popped up said I could not use phone til i did a restore
    NHCharmedOne

My opinions are mine, not yours, no one says you have to agree with them! =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2