Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1262

Thread: retention plans> look what i got!

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cell Tower
    Posts
    183
    Device(s)
    (Personal Biz) Unlocked 16gb Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    Since I know people who work at Rogers, why don't you take my word for it. There are always going to be reps who go against policy when faced with a customer who pushes, it's a fact of life.

    Seriously, there are a lot of things that representatives at cellphone companies can do physically without being allowed to by policy. Billing systems are not magical and full of light and incapable of doing anything that the company doesn't want done. If you've never worked in a situation where a customer wants you to do something and you *could* do it but your job says that you can't, then you are lucky.
    I don't think you mentioned that you have insider information - do they work in ret? I just find it odd that the 2 unlimited plans $35/50 unlimited wouldn't have something built into the system that absolutely doesn't allow any sort of credit to be applied. I can't imagine that anyone would receive a memo not to do something & intentionally circumvent it. It doesn't seem like a worthy gamble by an employee. I have been in positions where I might do something for a client outside of "the rules" but I always know that its ok and I won't suffer any repercussions. If you say you have insider info I'll believe you, after all this is a forum to share info etc & there shouldn't be any reason for making stuff up - right?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,687
    Feedback Score
    0
    You would think that it would be built into the system, yeah - but it's not, just like the caveat that creditsi aren't supposed to be more than half a plan isn't built in. They rely on reps to follow the rules in those sorts of situations, but there are always reps who are willing to go against policies, especially when confronted with customers who are angry/persistent/on Hofo. :P

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hello Everyone,
    It is nice to be on here on HOFO - hope all is well with all of you. Apparently my actual user name is already taken therefore I need to do with what I have. Please be advised that any communications received to or from user MrPerfect is NOT me.

    Thanks

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    269
    Device(s)
    Iphone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers and Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPerfectRFD View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    It is nice to be on here on HOFO - hope all is well with all of you. Apparently my actual user name is already taken therefore I need to do with what I have. Please be advised that any communications received to or from user MrPerfect is NOT me.

    Thanks
    hey not that i dont believe, just for me and others... can u post on rfd that this is u

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,763
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    Since I know people who work at Rogers, why don't you take my word for it. There are always going to be reps who go against policy when faced with a customer who pushes, it's a fact of life.

    Seriously, there are a lot of things that representatives at cellphone companies can do physically without being allowed to by policy. Billing systems are not magical and full of light and incapable of doing anything that the company doesn't want done. If you've never worked in a situation where a customer wants you to do something and you *could* do it but your job says that you can't, then you are lucky.
    If there are clear rules and policies against it, then any rep that does it would be risking being fired with cause for the sake if a whiny stranger. Sorry, not buying it. What I do buy is that there are guidelines which are published but reps are given discretion as to how strictly these guidelines are enforced. Major difference between using discretionary flexibility to skirt guidelines and committing what would essestially be theft by violating rules to shutup a stranger.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/6GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    886
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPerfectRFD View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    It is nice to be on here on HOFO - hope all is well with all of you. Apparently my actual user name is already taken therefore I need to do with what I have. Please be advised that any communications received to or from user MrPerfect is NOT me.

    Thanks
    welcome to the dark side of hofo
    650 mins $20
    250 Bonus mins until Mar 1 2013
    8pm EW
    CID
    VM
    500 txt $5
    6gb $20
    Cdn/US Corp LD
    911 $0.75
    Free Company Calling

    Credits:
    VM Credit
    3 Year Plan Credit $10
    Data Credit $10
    SAF Credit $6.95
    Bundle Disc $3.60

    $36.33 after taxes

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,687
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    If there are clear rules and policies against it, then any rep that does it would be risking being fired with cause for the sake if a whiny stranger. Sorry, not buying it. What I do buy is that there are guidelines which are published but reps are given discretion as to how strictly these guidelines are enforced. Major difference between using discretionary flexibility to skirt guidelines and committing what would essestially be theft by violating rules to shutup a stranger.
    By any chance, have you worked in the wireless industry? I'm just wondering because it's in my experience that aside from identity theft or fraud, most policies are enforced through a step system. As in, Step One = 30 days probation, Step Two = 60 days, Step Three = 90 days and then Step Four = termination. With possible jumps to step three given the severity of the infraction. This is coming from my time working at AT&T a couple of years ago.

    Most jobs have a policy that starts with discipline before firing, which is why stuff like this happens. For example, at AT&T there was limit on how much a rep could adjust onto an account - most companies have this sort of limit, to avoid revenue going out the door when a customer is yelling at a rep and they just want to give the customer what they want. In the billing system at AT&T, there were limits on how much you could credit at a time - but you could go around this by doing multiple credits. I did this in my time as a rep, and saw it in my time as a manager there.

    By your logic, this wouldn't happen because both myself and the reps under my management would risk firing. So why did it happen? Because there are steps. The rep has to be caught, and then it would go through levels of discipline. That doesn't mean that these rules are guidelines, it means that the company knows that a) they need due cause if they fire someone, and b) they know that reps screw up and if they fired on first offense, half the workforce would be gone pretty much immediately.

    As I have said, from what I know, there is NO flexibility regarding credits on these plans, and yes, reps are risking discipline up to and including termination by giving customers credit. Why? Because customers push, and yes, Rogers needs to be more diligent in monitoring these cases to catch them. But that lack of strict monitoring/prevention does not mean that they are a-okay with reps here and there giving out credits on these plans, just as AT&T was not a-okay with their reps giving out credits above their limits.

    Edit: Also, come on, just think about it for a second - if you were a rep and had 'discretion' to give credits on this plan, why on earth would you spend so much time arguing about it, as evidenced by people relating conversations that they've had with reps over the phone? I mean, I know that it sometimes happens, but this has obviously happened to numerous people who have been very persistent/called in more than once. At some point you would expect the reps to just get tired of hearing from the same people and give in consistently, not here and there.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,763
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    By any chance, have you worked in the wireless industry? I'm just wondering because it's in my experience that aside from identity theft or fraud, most policies are enforced through a step system. As in, Step One = 30 days probation, Step Two = 60 days, Step Three = 90 days and then Step Four = termination. With possible jumps to step three given the severity of the infraction. This is coming from my time working at AT&T a couple of years ago.

    Most jobs have a policy that starts with discipline before firing, which is why stuff like this happens. For example, at AT&T there was limit on how much a rep could adjust onto an account - most companies have this sort of limit, to avoid revenue going out the door when a customer is yelling at a rep and they just want to give the customer what they want. In the billing system at AT&T, there were limits on how much you could credit at a time - but you could go around this by doing multiple credits. I did this in my time as a rep, and saw it in my time as a manager there.

    By your logic, this wouldn't happen because both myself and the reps under my management would risk firing. So why did it happen? Because there are steps. The rep has to be caught, and then it would go through levels of discipline. That doesn't mean that these rules are guidelines, it means that the company knows that a) they need due cause if they fire someone, and b) they know that reps screw up and if they fired on first offense, half the workforce would be gone pretty much immediately.

    As I have said, from what I know, there is NO flexibility regarding credits on these plans, and yes, reps are risking discipline up to and including termination by giving customers credit. Why? Because customers push, and yes, Rogers needs to be more diligent in monitoring these cases to catch them. But that lack of strict monitoring/prevention does not mean that they are a-okay with reps here and there giving out credits on these plans, just as AT&T was not a-okay with their reps giving out credits above their limits.

    Edit: Also, come on, just think about it for a second - if you were a rep and had 'discretion' to give credits on this plan, why on earth would you spend so much time arguing about it, as evidenced by people relating conversations that they've had with reps over the phone? I mean, I know that it sometimes happens, but this has obviously happened to numerous people who have been very persistent/called in more than once. At some point you would expect the reps to just get tired of hearing from the same people and give in consistently, not here and there.

    I haven't worked in the wireless industry, no. I have worked in and managed in sales, in customer service and in the internal audit dept for a large Canadian investment firm. What my experiences have told me is that some people will take risks. For the most part, they will risk their jobs and their reputations if the upside benefits them. There doesn't seem to be any benefit for a rep to violate documented rules simply to avoid having to say no to a pushy customer. If the solution that the customer is demanding is beyond what the employee is empowered to provide, then they could simply escalate it to their manager. I might demand a car salesman gives me my car for free, but he wouldn't pretty dumb to risk his job to give it to me..and in that case there might actually be a benefit from his risk, in the form of commission or meeting unit quotas. Reps risking their jobs instead of letting their manager deal with impossible demands or learning how to negotiate better are probably in the field to begin with.

    In my time as an auditor, we had some brokers and reps that would push the limits of what they were allowed. So long as they did not break any rules, they were still risking being written up if they broken guidelines in terms of what they could offer. But, because they were given some flexibility in how determining their business, it wasn't generally a risk of being fired. But, when we found that they broken clearly document rules, they were quite thoroughly screwed.

    As for your question about why would they do it? You managed reps. You know there are various metrics that come into play when evaluating their performance. In the retentions dept, these metrics likely include failed retentions rate and possibly some measurement of they incentives that had to use to successfully retain customers. If they were handing out their maximum allowance to every customer, then they aren't doing their job, just as if they lose every customer then they aren't doing their job. Part of their skill set is expected to be the ability to determine exactly what, within their authority, they can offer that will satisfy the customer and still maintain company revenue. It looks as bad to be successful in retentions by handing over the kitchen sink to every caller as it does to be such a tight wad with the offers that you lose every customer. Your own question answers itself. Ignoring these specific unlimited plans for a moment, reps obviously have authority to dole out credits on retentions plans. That is a fact. Yet not every customer gets the same credits. This is where their discretion comes in. Think about it for a second.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    712
    Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Roger's
    Feedback Score
    0
    And this pissing match has exactly what to do with this retention thread?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,687
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap41 View Post
    And this pissing match has exactly what to do with this retention thread?
    Not much, except I was trying to say that yes, there are actually rules regarding credits on the unlimited plans, and people have tried to take issue with that.

    To Ceredon: Of course some retention plans can have credits on them. That does not mean that these particular plans do not have rules surrounding them in terms of credits. From what I know, there is a well known rule saying that the unlimited plans do not get credits. Some reps are breaking these rules, but that doesn't mean the rules are somehow flexible, or guidelines, or whatever. If they were flexible, imo, more people here would have had luck in getting them.

    But I think I've made my thoughts on this pretty clear, so this is where I'll leave it. As Cap41 has pointed out, we're getting off topic.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    2,483
    Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    Not much, except I was trying to say that yes, there are actually rules regarding credits on the unlimited plans, and people have tried to take issue with that.

    To Ceredon: Of course some retention plans can have credits on them. That does not mean that these particular plans do not have rules surrounding them in terms of credits. From what I know, there is a well known rule saying that the unlimited plans do not get credits. Some reps are breaking these rules, but that doesn't mean the rules are somehow flexible, or guidelines, or whatever. If they were flexible, imo, more people here would have had luck in getting them.

    But I think I've made my thoughts on this pretty clear, so this is where I'll leave it. As Cap41 has pointed out, we're getting off topic.
    Way off topic may I add.......

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    29
    Carrier(s)
    Roger's
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xinhang View Post
    Just got off the phone with retention and got the 10 dollars data credit for 6gig data:

    My plan: 17.50 + 10 + 30 - 15 - 10 = 32.50 + 2.58 + tax = 40.25

    Include:
    200 daytime minutes
    Unlimited evening and weekend at 6pm
    Unlimited network calling
    2500 text messages
    Caller id and voice mail
    6 gig of data

    I think this is the plan I ultimately wanted, will not bother retention for a while. I almost felt bad to keep on asking for credit.
    Looks like a gov/top tier corp epp. Please detail the components.

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    159
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4 (with bigger GBs)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers.
    Feedback Score
    0
    I got 300 daytime minutes, unlimited evenings and weekends after 6, 2500 text, 100 LD, VM (unfortunately not VVM) and call display for $30.02 before taxes (incl grrf and 911)

    How'd I do? Should be sufficient for my needs...

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just got unlimited local/N.American talk and txt plan with $30 6gb data. Nice but useless fellow in retentions didn't really know much. Oh well, he'll learn! Anyway, I had just over 1.5 years left on my 3-year plan which included 500mb. I was able to get him to add the code for the voice plan which renewed it for 24 months and not the 3 years like he initially said. Looking at my account online now, I see the data plan has been renewed for 3 years....am I correct in assuming this is my only option? Obviously, I'd rather not have to renew for the whole 3 years but thought I'd ask.

    Really appreciate everyone's advice and suggestions on these forums. Thank you!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,687
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tnmk View Post
    Just got unlimited local/N.American talk and txt plan with $30 6gb data. Nice but useless fellow in retentions didn't really know much. Oh well, he'll learn! Anyway, I had just over 1.5 years left on my 3-year plan which included 500mb. I was able to get him to add the code for the voice plan which renewed it for 24 months and not the 3 years like he initially said. Looking at my account online now, I see the data plan has been renewed for 3 years....am I correct in assuming this is my only option? Obviously, I'd rather not have to renew for the whole 3 years but thought I'd ask.

    Really appreciate everyone's advice and suggestions on these forums. Thank you!
    The 6gb data is only available on a three year, same as the data value packs.

Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10087
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 03:29 PM
  2. Retention Plans?
    By Kasakato in forum Virgin Mobile Canada
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 06:14 PM
  3. Can Corporate Plans Eventually Go to Retention?
    By knightdaemon in forum Bell Mobility
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 09:59 AM
  4. No Retention Plans for iPhone Users?
    By krispykarim in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 11:27 AM

Bookmarks