Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast

Thread: retention plans> look what i got!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    Billing systems are not magical and full of light and incapable of doing anything that the company doesn't want done.
    At the 'theoretical' level I've got to disagree 100.0% with that.

The "billing system" is a contrivance of Rog's own hand, directly (writing their own billing software) or their own dollar (paying for others to so write), or more likely: a hybrid of those.

They built/bought it but are ultimately able to control it. AIUI Rog *can* build in logic rules to prevent incompatible SOC options on a cx's account, right? Thus Rog could so do for whatever credits Rog might wish to make incompatible with the new $35/$50 unlim plans.

Now I spoke of 'theoretically' there, on purpose.

In reality, there might some sooth to your statement (but only in a tangential way).

Rog has seemingly contrived a billing system that they cannot reliably control. I've seen billing stuff that just defies any sense. Bill shock, both small and large, consequential and not, approx every other month.

Back to the salient point tho: Rog could, if they so wanted, block entry of the unlim plans with certain credits if Rog wanted.

So the more interesting question is: why hasn't Rog done that - do they expect to have sufficient need for permitting those credits in conjunction with unlim plans so as to make that 'exception' so unexceptional as to justify permitting those credits without any blocking at all?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    No, it's not bs, because when they say that they 'can't' they are not saying 'I am physically incapable of giving you this credit', they are saying 'due to the restrictions of my job, I am unable to give you this credit'.
    Yours is the first port to introduce the word "can't", which is probably helpful since the disagreement here might stem from the meaning people meaning place in that particular word.

Cx's, upon hearing this are, are hearing "cannot, in any way, be done."

CxR's are meaning "can be done but I'm not allowed to for you/this circumstance/whatever" ... a much more restrictive meaning of "can't".

CxR's could alleviate the ambiguity by being more verbose in their "can't".

I've been known to nail down evasive reps who give me "can't", so as to find out what specifically is preventing something: policy, or computer system.

Consider it too from the cx's POV - they get told "can't" and then later hear that it was done for a friend. No matter of any "business rules", that first cx is going to feel like they were told something untrue ... because it "can" be done.

Never mind that the first cx has no real hope of knowing if what their friend received was:
    - proper (thus possibly/probably disproving the "can't" they received), or
    - improper (a rep behaving badly)
    because Rog chooses not to publish details of this plan's 'rules', and reps 'behaving badly' is not uncommon.

In any case: it looks bad on Rog when cx's get told "can't", but hear about "can".

Feedback Score
    Hi Everyone

Just thought I'd share what I was able to get from Rogers

300 daytime minutes
    Unlimited evening/weekends 6pm
    Unlimited incoming calls
    unlimited network calling
    cid, vm, 2500 txt
    6 GB data

TOTAL: $22.50 + GRRF + tax

Plus 3 months of $15 discounts to offset hardware upgrade fee

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rg10 View Post
    Hi Everyone

300 daytime minutes
    Unlimited incoming calls
    cid, vm, 2500 txt
    6 GB data

U have got to be kidding me....seriously

Feedback Score
    Hi Everyone

300 daytime minutes
    Unlimited incoming calls
    cid, vm, 2500 txt
    6 GB data

This is hard for me to believe but if true absolutely amazing. I'd love this for both lines on my account...

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Roger's
    Feedback Score
    im sure the 6GB promo price has not been added. as that would make sense.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone ever compiled a list of retentions plans, value pack and add-ons the way they have for Fido? It would be interesting to see how many credits rg10 would have to have to make that price point.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/6GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Has anyone ever compiled a list of retentions plans, value pack and add-ons the way they have for Fido? It would be interesting to see how many credits rg10 would have to have to make that price point.
    I can give you guys a break down if that will help. I called in so many times I lost count but it took a lot of patience to pull this off.

$17.50-----Rate Plan (includes 6pm nights/weekend, 200 minute)
    $10--------Value Pack (cid, vm, 2500 text)
    $10--------Unlimited incoming calls
    $30--------6 GB data
    $2.58------GRRF
    Unlimited Network Calling build into my plan and 100 bonus minutes

Discounts
    $15 Monthly fee discount
    $10 Monthly fee discount
    $10 Unlimited incoming calls credit
    $10 Data discount

Hope that helps

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    ^well done!
    Are all those credits for the duration of your term? And you still get an additional $15 for 3 months? So $7.50 for 3 months for all of that?
    Damn.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    ^well done!
    Are all those credits for the duration of your term? And you still get an additional $15 for 3 months? So $7.50 for 3 months for all of that?
    Damn.
    Ya all of those discounts are for 3 years. $7.50 + GRRF + taxes for 3 months will be nice....still trying to see if I can get that $15 discount for 3 years.....if I can pull that off....that would be amazing lol

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Rogers ABSOLUTELY refused to budge, after over an hour on the phone. The best they could do is add the retentions VP and give a $5 credit. Frankly I'm insulted. I let them know right off the bat that I'm considering cancelling and going with MTS, I'm tired of horrible rural service in Manitoba.
    Man gets hit by Brick Phone! Ouch!

Feedback Score
    I can give you guys a break down if that will help. I called in so many times I lost count but it took a lot of patience to pull this off.

$17.50-----Rate Plan (includes 6pm nights/weekend, 200 minute)
    $10--------Value Pack (cid, vm, 2500 text)
    $10--------Unlimited incoming calls
    $30--------6 GB data
    $2.58------GRRF
    Unlimited Network Calling build into my plan and 100 bonus minutes

Discounts
    $15 Monthly fee discount
    $10 Monthly fee discount
    $10 Unlimited incoming calls credit
    $10 Data discount

Hope that helps
    Ok, so the $15 credit is only for 3 month?. In that case, the plan is totally believable if you'd normally be paying $40.08 + tax.

If you are getting an additional $15 credit for 3 months that's pretty damn crazy.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by simho View Post
    Ok, so the $15 credit is only for 3 month?. In that case, the plan is totally believable if you'd normally be paying $40.08 + tax.

If you are getting an additional $15 credit for 3 months that's pretty damn crazy.
    I don't think so. I think the extra $15 for 3 months will drop him to $7.50 and that the other $15 in his list of credits are all for the full term.

INSANE!
    I thought I was doing well with my credits but his are nuts. But , even if the $15 in his list is the $15 for opting out of HUP, $30 is still good. $45, though, what would I have to do to get that...?

Feedback Score
    Just to clarify for everyone

My $15 monthly credit i posted in my details is for the full 3 year term.......I also get an additional $15 monthly credit for 3 months (I did not post that in my breakdown of charges/credits to offset the hardware upgrade fee that Rogers charges)

I will be paying $7.50+GRRF+taxes for the first 3 months and then $22.50+GRRF+taxes for the remainder of my 3 year contract....Hope that makes things a bit more clearer.

Anyone know if Networking calling includes LD across Canada or is that just local? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Holy crap. That has got to be the best retention deal, based on what you have.

I myself have $40 total in credits on one line, and $30 in credits on another, but fees without credits total $150. Basically, $40 + tax average per line. Plan features are similar to what rg10 has. I'm trying to comprehend how you managed to get so many credits. The $10 data discount and $10 unlimited incoming are fine...make sense. But...to have a $15 and $10 monthly fee credit are crazy. I guess the $10 could be to offset the retention VP, but to have a $15 applied to the voice plan is nuts.

I was actually contemplating trying to get the following for both lines:

$17.50 - 200 minute plan
    $ 2.58 - GRRF
    $ 30 - 6GB data
    $ 10 - Retention VP
    -$15 - credit
    -$10 - data credit
    100 bonus minutes
    100 CAD LD minutes
    Total $35.08 + tax

I would be stoked with that, but you're setting the bar even higher for me...balls...

Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast