Thread: Can I read my 1408XXXXXXX@mymetropcs.com email on my computer instead of on the phone

Carriers
    Metro
    Att - No longer but family have
    Feedback Score

Can I read my 1408XXXXXXX@mymetropcs.com email on my computer instead of on the phone

I send pictures from my samsung R560 Messanger II phone to email address using the send picture message option. The messages show up in the normal email as coming from 1408XXXXXXX@mymetropcs.com where the X's are my phone number.

Is there a way that I can read replies, not on my phone, but on a computer. Is there a webmail interface for this??

Phones
    Motorola RAZR V3(Grey) , Motorola RAZR V3(Blue), Moto Cliq, Nokia 6030,Motorola C139,Motorola i305
    Palm Treo 600 Motorola M800 Bag Phone Nokia 3390b, SonyEricsson Z300a
    Kyocera 6035/Globalstar Qualcomm GSP-1600
    Carriers
    T-Mobile(Post),ATT, T-Mobile(Post)-internet device, Boost
    PagePlus/Globalstar-PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Phones
    Whatever is new :)
    Android
    Carrier
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Class View Post
    I send pictures from my samsung R560 Messanger II phone to email address using the send picture message option. The messages show up in the normal email as coming from 1408XXXXXXX@mymetropcs.com where the X's are my phone number.

Is there a way that I can read replies, not on my phone, but on a computer. Is there a webmail interface for this??
    Not really. When you send an email from your phone using "send picture" functionality, you're sending a MMS message through an email gateway. In other words, it converts your MMS message into a SMTP email message, with a MIME attachment of the picture.

If you want to really send email from your phone, get a myMetroMail email address like James30154 suggested. It's a re-branded Windows Live account, and you can check your email from both your handset or on the web at http://www.myMetroMail.com/.

Carriers
    Metro
    Att - No longer but family have
    Feedback Score

converts your MMS message into a SMTP email message

Quote Originally Posted by m0j0.zap View Post
    Not really. When you send an email from your phone using "send picture" functionality, you're sending a MMS message through an email gateway. In other words, it converts your MMS message into a SMTP email message, with a MIME attachment of the picture.

If you want to really send email from your phone, get a myMetroMail email address like James30154 suggested. It's a re-branded Windows Live account, and you can check your email from both your handset or on the web at http://www.myMetroMail.com/.
    I'm impressed with this knowledge. "In other words, it converts your MMS message into a SMTP email message, with a MIME attachment of the picture. "

Thanks. I'm glad to understand my options.