Thread: Password change KOs e-mail

Phone
    LG Prime, Samsung Magnet
    Carriers
    AT&T, T-Mo
    Feedback Score

Password change KOs e-mail

Recently I changed the password for my Yahoo e-mail. Now, when I try to access that e-mail on my Nokia 2720 via the Oz app, I get a message saying "Authentication required". But there appears to be no way, within the phone or on the Web, to get that authentication. I called TMo customer service and the rep, after seeming puzzled and putting me on hold, said the problem would automatically go away in 24 hours. It has been several days and the problem lingers, even after deleting and reinstalling the Yahoo account. Any ideas ... anyone?

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Nokia Lumia 710 :: LG Optimus F3 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 ::
    :: Nokia Lumia 521 ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cobraic View Post
    Recently I changed the password for my Yahoo e-mail. Now, when I try to access that e-mail on my Nokia 2720 via the Oz app, I get a message saying "Authentication required". But there appears to be no way, within the phone or on the Web, to get that authentication. I called TMo customer service and the rep, after seeming puzzled and putting me on hold, said the problem would automatically go away in 24 hours. It has been several days and the problem lingers, even after deleting and reinstalling the Yahoo account. Any ideas ... anyone?
    That has happened to me a few times.

All I had to do was remove my SIM card, that does something, I'm not entirely sure what, and then put it back in and you have to put all your email account information in manually like you were setting it up the first time and it works.

At least for me it did.

Had the same thing happen on my Samsung t349 and had to do the same thing, I think removing the SIM card resets the whole thing so you have to set it all up again from scratch.
    After I heard about the new T~Mobile Prepaid Plans

Phone
    LG Prime, Samsung Magnet
    Carriers
    AT&T, T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Alas, that didn't work but thanks anyway. I've figured out a workaround but still wish I could get that e-mail account to work.

Carriers
    Boost Mobile & T-Mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Try this:

First of all, backup all of your data, as this operation will delete everything.

Now then, go to your phone's main menu, go to settings, then restore settings, then restore all, and follow the instructions on the screen. If it asks for a security code, the default code is "12345" without the quotes. Wait for the phone to completely reset itself. When it's done, it will automaticly reboot itself. When it's fully powered back on, go to the email app, readd all of your accounts, and it should work.

Phone
    LG Prime, Samsung Magnet
    Carriers
    AT&T, T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Thanks but that didn't work either. Oddly, after the restore the only mobile e-mail account left was the one that doesn't work. Guess it's just stuck in cellphone limbo.

Phone
    LG Prime, Samsung Magnet
    Carriers
    AT&T, T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE: After deleting and reinstalling a couple more times, my e-mail account is suddenly accessible again! Thanks again.