Thread: Nokia Nuron cant go/find 3G after i unlocked it, OVI maps cant get my position

Feedback Score

Nokia Nuron cant go/find 3G after i unlocked it, OVI maps cant get my position

ok my aunt gave me a Nokia Nuron 5230 and im here in Asia when i first used it i popped in the Tmobile sim so i can use it but not the cellphone part, i noticed that though there was no signal(since its still locked with Tmobile USA) the antenna icon turned into a 3G icon and i used Ovi maps and it worked, it showed my position and while i was moving in the roads and i even tried the Drive function of the GPS and it worked fine

i was able to get the unlock coeds from Tmobile and got it unlock and popped in a local sim but since then it only connected to E and never even found 3G and Ovi maps now just keep saying Searching for position but in never does

what could be the problem i just unlocked my Nuron, i need help badly, i love this phone, i got it at Costco for $99 as a prepaid phone

i also noticed that there is no where to select dual mode since the Connectivity>Network menu looks like this:

Connectivity

Network
    Operator section
    Automatic
    Manual
    Cell info display
    On
    Off

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't think the Nuron has international 3G (2100Mhz) band. There is no selection for manual or 3G since the phone is T-Mobile branded.

You should disable the "online" in OVI maps so it can only be used with maps that in your memory card.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bachviet View Post
    I don't think the Nuron has international 3G (2100Mhz) band. There is no selection for manual or 3G since the phone is T-Mobile branded.

You should disable the "online" in OVI maps so it can only be used with maps that in your memory card.
    it does since it did change to the 3g icon and i was able to use OVI maps offline mode using the tmobile sim proir to unlocking HERE in Asia so it does carry both band 1 and 4

when i unlocked it and used a local im thats when it stopped getting 3g and Ovi maps got buggy

NOTE:

i also have an unlocked TMO US HD2 here and it worls on 3g on the same exact local sim im using with my Nuron

Feedback Score
    I also unlocked my Tmobile Nuron. What is strange is that it now locks on to the 3G AT&T network. To me that means the unlocked Nuron has both Tmob 1700/2100MHz and ATT 1900MHz 3G bands. While roaming in Europe however, I never had my locked at the time Nuron lock on any 3G network, only 2G.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nupdyxa View Post
    I also unlocked my Tmobile Nuron. What is strange is that it now locks on to the 3G AT&T network. To me that means the unlocked Nuron has both Tmob 1700/2100MHz and ATT 1900MHz 3G bands. While roaming in Europe however, I never had my locked at the time Nuron lock on any 3G network, only 2G.
    yeah it has 1700/1900/2100, just not 850, so it will lock onto a PCS 3G signal
    Left: T-Mobile Unlimited LTE, Right: TWC/Spectrum "ultra" (I want Wide Open West back!)

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    From what I have noticed unless you get a network based position, it will take quite a while for the Nuron to get a GPS lock. I would just leave it in the open for a while (like 7-15 min).

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It seems to be a common problem. Here is a solution someone posted:

http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/Nokia/...ems/m-p/463642