Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgin Mobile Samsung Intercept now OFFICIAL

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well hopefully most of the data problems are fixed now. Would be horrible to have a data intensive phone, with a network having data problems. It just sounds like it would make the phone a nightmare.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I wasn't one of the people who were having a ton of issues, but I did have a few here & there. But its been fine for a while now. Also, I just activated my Mifi & its been awesome. So, as far as I'm concerned, BRING IT ON! I miss android so much, lol. I even briefly contemplated going back to T-Mobile for another Cliq or Mytouch Slide...but I'm glad I held out.

Phones
    Blackberry Curve 8530 (but testing the Intercept)
    LG Optimus V
    Blackberry Curve 8530
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not that this will make any difference until I see it, but I spoke with a CSR today at VM to ask about something with my BB. I asked about the Intercept coming out. I was told that they would be released at Target the first week (of October) and then other retailers the second week. I was also told that the release week would be $229 whereas after the first week they would go up to $249. The last question I asked about the Intercept was about an extra fee similar to the BB. I was told that there would NOT be a fee to access the Android Market (or any other fee similar to the BB's fee). With this information I am seriously considering buying the Intercept and testing it alongside my BB to see which one I like better and either passing the one I'm not going to use to my hubby (my teenage daughter is drooling at the thought of having a smart phone at school) or storing it in case I decide to change phones. The ONLY thing I can see that I won't like about the Intercept is the battery usage. I have my BB tweaked to the point that a battery charge lasts me a couple of days if I'm just talking or texting.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TariLuinwe View Post
    Not that this will make any difference until I see it, but I spoke with a CSR today at VM to ask about something with my BB. I asked about the Intercept coming out. I was told that they would be released at Target the first week (of October) and then other retailers the second week. I was also told that the release week would be $229 whereas after the first week they would go up to $249. The last question I asked about the Intercept was about an extra fee similar to the BB. I was told that there would NOT be a fee to access the Android Market (or any other fee similar to the BB's fee). With this information I am seriously considering buying the Intercept and testing it alongside my BB to see which one I like better and either passing the one I'm not going to use to my hubby (my teenage daughter is drooling at the thought of having a smart phone at school) or storing it in case I decide to change phones. The ONLY thing I can see that I won't like about the Intercept is the battery usage. I have my BB tweaked to the point that a battery charge lasts me a couple of days if I'm just talking or texting.
    ohhhh....if the $229.00 only the first week is true....I am gonna just buy one and then decide if I want to keep it. We have 30 days to get a refund dont we?

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkool View Post
    ohhhh....if the $229.00 only the first week is true....I am gonna just buy one and then decide if I want to keep it. We have 30 days to get a refund dont we?
    Yea, you do, but you don't get the air time back...I think it goes poof.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA View Post
    I have a rumor touch now....will I be able to play with some of the functions on the samsung without service to check it out a bit?

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA View Post
    Not if you're a current customer who swaps into the phone and swaps back out of it into another VM phone.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Since we're pretty damn sure we're going to be able to get the intercept this weekend at the latest, I think I might go ahead and start buying accessories online right now.

What I am thinking so far:
    two micro usb cables of different sizes
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...&cs_id=1030307

moto micro usb charger (should work)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ur=forums&ses=

Anyone have any ideas where to get a cheap micro usb wall charger? Need an extra one for my desk at work.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was also told that the release week would be $229 whereas after the first week they would go up to $249.
    Man, I was gonna wait a while too, and see how it was doing for people, that sucks.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic View Post
    Man, I was gonna wait a while too, and see how it was doing for people, that sucks.
    Surely there will be deals to be found on it starting Black Friday.

Feedback Score
    I'll probably grab one at $229, the Rumor Touch email program is bad enough, and being able to sync with Exchange are reasons enough that regardless of anything else it will be worth it.

For those looking for a screen protector, be aware that the Intercept has a proximity sensor in the upper left corner of the front of the phone. Some have reported on other phones that covering this with a screen protector interferes with it's function - so you may want to look for a protector that has a cutout for these sensors. Also you should go for one that advertises as being multi-layer with two backings that you have to remove - one for the adhesive side and one for the side you touch. There is a cheap one on eBay listed as something like EZ-Guards that is terrible, your finger sticks to it as you drag across the screen.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Churner View Post
    Surely there will be deals to be found on it starting Black Friday.
    Yeah I suppose, but then you have to deal with trying to find one. LOL I have had an Android phone before (G1) I might just pick one up, I dunno yet.

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd hit that, if there's really no extra plan (since the Android phone seems to be both comparable to the BlackBerry in features, lower price, and lower in monthly bill).

But I'd also advise caution, since VM customer service has had "issues" about the price of add-on service, and how optional it is, in the past with me.

Feedback Score
    I was told that they would be released at Target the first week (of October) and then other retailers the second week.
    That would explain why the VM Twitter account said on September 21 that we should "stay tuned over the next few weeks."

We all thought that it would be released for sale everywhere on October 3. No one thought that it would be a phased rollout over two weeks; hence it would be three weeks from September 21 until the rollout is complete.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew93 View Post
    That would explain why the VM Twitter account said on September 21 that we should "stay tuned over the next few weeks."

We all thought that it would be released for sale everywhere on October 3. No one thought that it would be a phased rollout over two weeks; hence it would be three weeks from September 21 until the rollout is complete.
    Yes, but what about their website, I wonder when it will be rolled out there?

Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast