Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: h2o wireless data for blackberry

Feedback Score

h2o wireless data for blackberry

i have purchased the data on h2o. they emailed me the configuration details but told me i would have to contact blackberry for instructions. well blackberry wants you to purchase the tech support before they will help you. does anyone know how to get instructions for configuring blackberry 8310. thanks bamagirl

Feedback Score
    please let me know when you get this info, i just purchased the data plan for my blackberry also, and its not working

Feedback Score
    hi, i got help on getting it to work. i have the 8310 and you go to option-advanced options-tcp- then clear all the fields for apn, username and password. then enter only on the apn line (att.mvno) and then you have to install opera through blackberry desktop. i hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    i only input the apn username? no password or anything?

Feedback Score
    also does bbm start working for the blackberry?

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    No Blackberry Messenger service (BBM) or Blackberry E-mail accounts. Those would be Blackberry derived services (research how BB works), which Locus does not have the priviledge of offering (or you of paying for). You'll like Opera Mini.

Feedback Score
    Aww so there's no way to get bbm? I'm sure there's a way to hack it or something so bbm is available

Feedback Score
    Is There a way to use apps also?

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Blackberry services (as opposed to just getting on the mobile internet with the right settings through the phone's browser) are not something you can just "go out and get". They're highly specialized, encrypted, and work directly through Blackberry (their servers). So they make it quite unlikely you'd be able to use them without paying or going through proper channels, including a legitimate commercial arrangement with your mobile phone provider. Look what's happening overseas with various governments wanting special access to Blackberry's mail and messaging services. They want to be able to essentially spy on Blackberry's customers (no matter who the local provider is), and threaten to pull the plug on their use in those countries unless RIM goes through all the trouble to to let them do so. If it were that easily hackable you'd never hear this going on.

Once you get on the mobile web with whatever browser you prefer, you can download applications. I don't know about official BB app store channels, though. I don't think it takes any special account, but someone with more direct BB experience ought to fill us in on that.

Feedback Score
    is there also a way to get mms working?

Feedback Score
    hey do you know how to get mms to work?

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Configuring a Blackberry for data and MMS is pretty challenging...basically you are going to have to wait until someone creates some Service Books for you to update the Blackberry OS with using the RIM Desktop Manager. I had to deal with a similar situation when I was using a Verizon Blackberry on PagePlus's service, but you will definitely need the service books that someone has to create to be able to configure your Blackberries for data and MMS.

Feedback Score
    dam, i really hope someone creates a solution quick

Phones
    iPhone 3Gs, Xperia Mini
    iPhone 3Gs
    Xperia Mini
    Carrier
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamagirl504 View Post
    hi, i got help on getting it to work. i have the 8310 and you go to option-advanced options-tcp- then clear all the fields for apn, username and password. then enter only on the apn line (att.mvno) and then you have to install opera through blackberry desktop. i hope this helps.
    What model, carrier phone are you using? And can you send me your service books via PM? Maybe I can come up with a solution.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I got service books to get the internet working but i didnt get MMS working yet, still working on it.
    The browser fully works but wont go to the H2O homepage , it keeps requesting for X-MSISDN something".
    Anyways, i will see what i can do about the MMS...

Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast