Thread: Samsung Epic flash to cricket?

Feedback Score

Samsung Epic flash to cricket?

hey everyone! i was wondering if yall thought that the epic would be able to flash to cricket? i really want to get this phone but i cant find anything on it at all? is it even possible to make it work with cricket? and also is the phone been rooted/unlocked yet?

if anyone knows anything please send me a link or post it on as a reply...thanks!!

Phone
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There is no firmware for it for Cricket. Nothing to flash onto it so it would work on Cricket, at least for now. I haven't even heard of anybody working on it, but the phone is so new it's not surprising. Everything I've seen about using even the EVO on Cricket has turned out to be a scam, or at the very least an ugly hack that doesn't allow all the functions to work.

SDX has rooted the Epic 4G, as reported on Android Forums: http://phandroid.com/2010/08/30/sams...-4g-gets-root/

Feedback Score
    Thats good at least the root is there...i was afraid of the fact the phone is put on all the big name cell phone providers...i figured the coders wouldn't bother messing with it..im learning how to code in c++ at school but i highly doubt ill reach this level anytime soon...hopefully someone will do it soon...also i know of people that have the evo fully flashed to cricket...i dont mean firmware its prl's are working ,web,sms ,mms,everything really but i want something with a keyboard. any suggestions? and available to flash to cricket?

Carrier
    Sprint postpaid :(
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashes-- View Post
    any suggestions? and available to flash to cricket?
    The samsung moment comes to mind if you're looking for an android device. I currently have one for sale in the cricket marketplace if you're interested. (shameless plug LOL)...

The HTC TP2 is able to be used on Cricket as well.

In all honesty, this question might get more attention in the Cricket forum. Lots of members in there with quite a bit of knowledge that are willing to help.

Feedback Score
    thanks for the suggestion.i just figured somone might know it here.....just soo everyone knows....the verizon and sprint galaxy s phones are avalible on cricket...i have seen it done with my own eyes ....the phone is amazing !! i eventually settles with the driod 2...non fully flashes but i got the call and text working...trying to figure the rest out still lol..

Feedback Score
    i meant they are flashed,fully to cricket ..i didnt mean that cricket had its own bran of galaxy s phones

Phones
    Motorola Backflip
    Samsung Vibrant
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Where did you see that they are fully flashed? I'm trying to flash a Fascinate.

Feedback Score
    i have 2 friends that have it fully working on cricket...they got it flashed at a local dealer...the thing is the local phone deal have files that i have yet to see or hear about but i have seen it with my own eyes....ive seen the driod 2 fully flashed t cricket aswell...i have a driod2 fully flashed and the phone is amazing!!...i wish i could help but i simply cant find any tutorial on how to flash the fascinate..when ever i hear something ill let you know

Feedback Score
    Both the fascinate and the Epic can be flashed to cricket. However, the method I'm familiar with is by using the 55 dollar Zio plan. Your data settings needs to be provisioned correctly as well.

Feedback Score
    I have already found out that it can be flashed to cricket,I asked this before I did any intense searching.your right about the provisions,I'm using the droid 2,fully flashed to cricket.I knew the fascinate and epic could be flashed for awhile now,but the solution won't be released because of the whole taking advantage thing.if it is relaeased then I'm wrong,barley on the forum because of school.

Do you know how to make the nv items of the ally stick?
    Last I checked the items wouldn't stick.Id work on it but school is killing me this semester.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Hi my name is will i am currently working on Flshing android phones to cricket but a quick question to change the prl do we use cdma software like qpst or better yet how do we read the msl code to get in to changing the prl

Feedback Score

Want to lear a little more of Flashing Android cdma phones for cricket what software

Hi my Name is will i am Trying to learn how to flash android phones to cricket.i can do all other phones and i am trying to lear the android how to read the msl code to access the changing the prl to get talk and text after that it should be a quick process.
    can anyone give me some hints on how to go about flashing the htc evo for cricket. thanks.

Feedback Score
    There once was a time when some people would help, but................... Its something I recommend that you all who want to know, do some investigation its really not that hard and almost all the info you need is on the web. Most of the people who know how to do this learned from experience/trial and error, and there are a few tricks but if you can't get the basics you shouldn't worry about the data/mms portion. SPC/MSL methods are very similar to their brand as well.

Feedback Score
    just so all info is correct i have my HTC EVO on cricket with everything working your dealing with alot of hacks not pros