Thread: Porting number from Metro PCS to Simple Mobile

Feedback Score

Porting number from Metro PCS to Simple Mobile

I switched from Metro PCS to Simple Mobile and ported my number over to them. I was using a BB Storm with Metro and bought an IPhone to use with Simple Mobile. The dealer told me it can take up to 24 hours (I'm about 3 hours shy of the 24 hour mark) for the number to get ported, but neither phone is working now.

I called Simple Mobile earlier this morning (when the BB Storm was still working) to confirm that they had ported the correct number, they confirmed the number and it's the right one and the rep I spoke to said it can take up to 72 hours..yikes! Is this normal? the IPhone has the Simple Mobile SIM in it and I have tried turning both phones off or one at a time to see if that would help anything and no dice. I'm starting to freak out not having a phone lol Any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Hi, I work for simple mobile. Normal port-in times are 4-72 hours. If you are still having problems, call simple mobile and ask for the status of your port-in. If there is a problem it will say so. Normal problems with port-ins are an incorrect OSP billing account number or password. If it shows no problems and after 48 hours the port is still not complete, ask the rep to call NTC, the number transfer center, to find out what is stalling it. Often the NTC will need further details, like account name, birth day, or even social security, even when the simple mobile reps computer shows no problems!