Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: How great is the H20 service on an iphone?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    204
    Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Samsung Galaxy Note SghI717
    Iphone 5
    Carriers
    att
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    How great is the H20 service on an iphone?

    I'm consider this mvno fir use with my iphone but i would like some feedback about the service.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    30
    Feedback Score
    0
    It's decent for me in greater Los Angeles.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,339
    Phones
    Motorola i335
    IPhone 3G
    Sony Incognito
    Carriers
    Boost CDMA and IDen
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    The voice is fine, but no data or 30MB for $10 isn't much for an iPhone. I used H2O minute plan for awhile on my iPhone, but I missed having data too much so now I use H2O on a cheap Nokia.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    My iphone 4 is not working with data

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald1 View Post
    It's decent for me in greater Los Angeles.
    How did you make your phone to work?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    81
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    The voice works just fine, but I'm having problems with H2O's texting service as of the past few days. I'm on the daily plan just trying it out, and I'm having problems receiving messages. What happens is the text gets hung up in the system, and I have to send myself a text message to kinda "push" the incoming message to my iPhone. From what I understand this is an H2O/AT&T problem and not anything to do with the iPhone, but if it continues I'll be switching over to SimpleMobile. Unfortunately I'll lose the 3G ability but gain the ability to add a data package onto my phone.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7
    Feedback Score
    0
    Voice and texting fine, can't get data to work on a 3g, and customer service is pretty terrible.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,616
    Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnlg View Post
    The voice is fine, but no data or 30MB for $10 isn't much for an iPhone. I used H2O minute plan for awhile on my iPhone, but I missed having data too much so now I use H2O on a cheap Nokia.
    Yep. Any smartphone is worthless without data, iPhone no exception. 30MB doesn't go very far.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    482
    Phones
    Iphone 5 and Iphone 4 Unlocked
    Iphone 5
    Iphone 4 (Factory Unlocked)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    i have my iphone 3gs its 4.0.2 /base line 05.13.04, if insert a h20 sim all i want is unltd talk and global text the pure plan looks awesome. i have virgin mobile bb for 35 with unlimited text web bb serv.

    my iphone has never been jail-broken or unlocked i have tried to attempt but i have gotten 1600 errors.


    "Fudge a Contract its So 1990's"

    "Rock Solid Service" - South Florida Running on Refarmmed 3G/4G Service on T-Mobile.
    $70.00 Plan

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    30
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by anjousa View Post
    How did you make your phone to work?
    Just insert sim card. H2O works without any mods. They're an AT&T mvno.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    81
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald1 View Post
    Just insert sim card. H2O works without any mods. They're an AT&T mvno.
    Wrong...phone needs to be jailbroken and unlocked for any AT&T MVNO sim card to work with the iPhone. I'm running 3.1.3 on my iPhone 3G jailbroken with jailbreakme.com and unlocked with the latest version of ultrasn0w and I was not able to use my H2O sim in this phone until I unlocked the phone.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bloomfield, MI
    Posts
    223
    Carrier
    ST Unlimited x 4 Lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    i am using 3 iphones 3gs with os 4.1 updated with H2O sim without any trouble, no unlock and jailbroken done...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,616
    Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBrent View Post
    Wrong...phone needs to be jailbroken and unlocked for any AT&T MVNO sim card to work with the iPhone. I'm running 3.1.3 on my iPhone 3G jailbroken with jailbreakme.com and unlocked with the latest version of ultrasn0w and I was not able to use my H2O sim in this phone until I unlocked the phone.
    Wrong.

    H20 card will not only work on a virgin iPhone (no need to jailbreak or unlock), it can also *ACTIVATE* the phone. In other words, it is indistinguishable from an AT&T SIM. I know, as I've personally used tens of them on various iPhone models and firmwares with no issues whatsoever. In fact, I've even used them at an Apple Store and laughed as the "Genius" stared in disbelief. LOL.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    81
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have never seen an AT&T MVNO SIM work on a virgin iPhone...I even tested it myself when I received this iPhone about two-three weeks ago. When I inserted the H2O SIM card I received an Invalid SIM error that would not go away until I unlocked the baseband. Not only that, but you can't even activate an iPhone that is not tied to an AT&T iPhone account unless you use an original AT&T SIM card to activate it first. There is no way you can activate an iPhone with an H2O SIM card.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,616
    Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBrent View Post
    I have never seen an AT&T MVNO SIM work on a virgin iPhone...I even tested it myself when I received this iPhone about two-three weeks ago. When I inserted the H2O SIM card I received an Invalid SIM error that would not go away until I unlocked the baseband. Not only that, but you can't even activate an iPhone that is not tied to an AT&T iPhone account unless you use an original AT&T SIM card to activate it first. There is no way you can activate an iPhone with an H2O SIM card.
    Sorry, but you're wrong. I've personally done it on numerous occasions, including a new 3GS *and* a 4 last week. The H2O SIM works perfectly right out of the box. Apple isn't going to advertise it--and like I said I've chuckled many times as a "Genius" stares in disbelief that the SIM works and activates.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    482
    Phones
    Iphone 5 and Iphone 4 Unlocked
    Iphone 5
    Iphone 4 (Factory Unlocked)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    virgin iphone on 3gs work with sim inserted like it was at&t no jailbreak needed... AWESOME service... only thing we have to fig is the config file for mms and 30 mb... which is no biggie.

Similar Threads

  1. Great customer service at USCC
    By AndThenScottSays... in forum USCellular
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 05:10 PM
  2. Prepaid - Great service!
    By fwulfers in forum Locus Telecomm (H2O/O2 Wireless)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 09:30 PM

Bookmarks