Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: TBay Tel

Feedback Score
    A post on tbaytel's fb page, says Tbaytel is processing calls in the Red Lake area already.

"Just came back from up North. Thank you Tbaytel for putting 3G high speed in Red Lake. Those other carriers would never have done that. Soon I'll be able to cut back to just one phone that works here, there and around the world!"

According to a tbaytel rep, this area wasn't going to be deployed until Dec at the earliest. I wonder if they are ahead of schedule with their rollout?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Good to know - I suspect that the 'urban' sites are/were more difficult to work with at a testing phase (handoffs, backhaul, etc.), while the biggest challenge in the small towns (Red Lake, White River, Hornepayne) will have essentially no handoff issues except between sectors.

The rural areas (on the highway will probably have backhaul/installation issues) - Eg. Need someone to snowplow the road to those microwave towers.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers-TGaytel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nwotraveler View Post
    How is it competition when you build a few hand picked sites on an Island?

Neither of these companies own spectrum in or out of the city and I highly doubt tbaytel is going to be offering roaming to Shaw customers anytime soon.

As far as the spectrum use goes, I believe they have until Nov 2011 to be up and running or risk having Industry Canada take the spectrum back and auction it off again.
    Shaw's planned network is 4G LTE. So roaming will be impossible.

Feedback Score
    LTE is a data only platform. At this time, the voice component must be either CDMA in the case of Sprint and Verizon or HSPA/UMTS like T Mobile and AT&T.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Any expansion of HSPA/HSPA+ in TBayTel land ? According to their maps - there should be a bunch of additions.
    Eg.:
    Terrace Bay
    Schreiber
    Raith
    Upsula
    Atikokan
    Fort Frances
    Ignace
    Sioux Lookout
    Pickerel
    Hudson
    Perrault Falls
    Rainy River
    Shabaqua
    expansion around TBay.

Feedback Score
    Seems they have slowed their roll out somewhat. The weather has taken a turn for the worst in the past 2 weeks and I can't see riggers climbing towers in minus 25 weather with high wind chill values.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Looks like they changed their link
    http://www.tbaytel.net/media/Tbaytel...erage_1110.pdf

Feedback Score
    Tbaytel's website www.tbaytel.net probably has more hspa info.
    Last edited by nwotraveler; 01-13-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC 1x
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Oh wow. What a mess. Tbay Tel was supposed to cancel all of my line effective Dec 2nd right. Well as of today the lines were still active. After countless visits, calls, and emails to Tbay Tel to resolve the issue. So today I called Rogers, got to love their excellent CSR's. They cancelled all of my old 807 lines that Tbay Tel was supposed to do back in Dec. They reversed all of the charges and waived any fees. So instead of paying $934.70 for Tbay Tels incompetence, I’m paying $172.10 for a partial month. Thanks for nothing Tbay Tel!

Feedback Score
    I've actually had great service from the Tbay Tel CSRs through the transition. I even got themto discount my bill after they made a mistake and corrected it wothout my asking.

I'm confused by your problem. How could Tbay Tel cancel your lines if they were for Roger's services. Even better, how could Roger's cancel them today it they were Tbay Tels? Sounds to me like it was Roger's responsibility the whole time.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers-TGaytel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdturnfence View Post
    I've actually had great service from the Tbay Tel CSRs through the transition. I even got themto discount my bill after they made a mistake and corrected it wothout my asking.

I'm confused by your problem. How could Tbay Tel cancel your lines if they were for Roger's services. Even better, how could Roger's cancel them today it they were Tbay Tels? Sounds to me like it was Roger's responsibility the whole time.
    I have friends who never got transitioned from Rogers to TBaytel (lucky SOBs). From sources in TBaytel I've heard two contradictory stories. One is that they will eventually change and be given 30 days from then to cancel without the ECF. The other is that Rogers is sick of TBaytel's screwups and wants nothing more to do with them and is not going to move the remaining customers. If you think you may be one of these people, call 611. If the voice says Rogers, then you are one of the fortunate few who weren't forced to TBaytel.

While I do know some people are still on Rogers, I can't be certain about how this will be addressed in the future.

Device(s)
    HTC 1x
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Well Tbay Tel had sent me the letter to inform me of the switch, transitsion plan $97 per bb. So they should have been on the ball. I informed them that I would be going to a Sudbury # back in Nov. They said to wait till they had completed transfer to Tbay Tel. On the My Rogers site I couldnt make changes, and said to contact Tbay Tel for more info.
    Believe me I wanted to stay a Rogers customer with my 807 #'s and tried hard. But was told that I didnt have a choice all 807 customers were sold to Tbay Tel. Thats when I set up my new Rogers account using a Sudbury #. with unlimited calling between Plan members
    5 Lines
    350 Weekday minutes per line
    *Unlimited Text Messages
    *Unlimited evenings and weekends 6PM
    *Call display on 8 lines and voicemail on 4 lines
    *1000 Canadian Long distance minutes per line
    *500 MB Data per line
    $57.43+tax each

3 Lines
    * unlimited CDN calling
    *Unlimited wifi talk spot
    *Unlimited Text Messages
    *500 MB Data per line
    $62.43+tax each
    Last edited by shane_fugere; 01-19-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nwhewitson View Post
    I have friends who never got transitioned from Rogers to TBaytel (lucky SOBs). From sources in TBaytel I've heard two contradictory stories. One is that they will eventually change and be given 30 days from then to cancel without the ECF. The other is that Rogers is sick of TBaytel's screwups and wants nothing more to do with them and is not going to move the remaining customers. If you think you may be one of these people, call 611. If the voice says Rogers, then you are one of the fortunate few who weren't forced to TBaytel.

While I do know some people are still on Rogers, I can't be certain about how this will be addressed in the future.
    I think RS said it best on Tbaytel's fb page "NH just loves to complain. Too bad his information is inaccurate and mis-leading."
    My posts are in no way intended to represent or promote the views of any service provide, dealer or manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shane_fugere View Post
    Well Tbay Tel had sent me the letter to inform me of the switch, transitsion plan $97 per bb. So they should have been on the ball. I informed them that I would be going to a Sudbury # back in Nov. They said to wait till they had completed transfer to Tbay Tel. On the My Rogers site I couldnt make changes, and said to contact Tbay Tel for more info.
    Believe me I wanted to stay a Rogers customer with my 807 #'s and tried hard. But was told that I didnt have a choice all 807 customers were sold to Tbay Tel. Thats when I set up my new Rogers account using a Sudbury #. with unlimited calling between Plan members
    5 Lines
    *Unlimited Text Messages
    *1000 Canadian Long distance minutes per line
    *500 MB Data per line
    $57.43+tax each

3 Lines
    * unlimited CDN calling
    *Unlimited wifi talk spot
    *Unlimited Text Messages
    *500 MB Data per line
    $62.43+tax each
    You mentioned several times you were a UMA customer, don't believe those 807 subs were ever transferred to tbaytel. Seems your issues lie with Rogers.

I'll call tbaytel customer service and confirm this.
    Last edited by nwotraveler; 01-21-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Feedback Score
    So what's the cost of HSPA+ roaming in northern Ontario for us AT&T US customers? I don't want to get raped in charges! Since TBayTel is using Rogers systems and AT&T already has a Rogers/AT&T UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ roaming link I assume it will automatically work with the standard AT&T/Rogers voice/data rate?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast