Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finished Interview Conducting Background Check What to expect ?!?!?!?!

Carriers
    Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score

Finished Interview Conducting Background Check What to expect ?!?!?!?!

Hey Guys,

I just finished doing two interviews with a Sprint Corp Store, I got a call back and they said they are moving on with me and are conducting a background check and that I should be getting my offer letter soon.

Based on your guys working for Sprint what Should I or Shouldn't I expect?

How Long does the Background check take?

Anything helpful will be greatly appreciated!

Phones
    i880 (Voice Calls), Samsung Epic 4G (Data & Text)
    Former: HTC Hero, Touch Pro, Moto Q9c, ic902, Treo 755p, Fusic, Sanyo 9000, i836
    Carrier
    Sprint-Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Welcome to the Sprint family. Background checks take 24-72 hours. Your MGR or AST MGR will let you know after your offer letter when your first day is.

Phones
    Droid
    Droid
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've got a similar question...

I had two interviews this week and got a call today from a manager saying they wanted to move forward... same scenario as above. I was told that I would receive a formal offer by early next week. What's troubling to me is that a couple of hours later I went to the careers website to see if my application status had changed. I applied for 3 jobs- one was a lead RC and the others were just a regular retail consultant. I never got a call about the lead retail, and it says "under review". It said "under consideration" a few days ago. The other two say "under consideration" and "not selected".

So now, I'm freaking out a little bit thinking that maybe something went wrong and they're withdrawing? "Not selected" wasn't showing up before. My best judgment tells me there's nothing to worry about and that I'd have gotten another phone call if there was a problem. --But I figured I'd come here to see if anybody could provide some insight with decoding the application status.

I went through a background check with AT&T and passed not too long ago, but I had to send them some documentation for a job they couldn't verify. I also have a few speeding ticke-- err I mean A LOT of speeding tickets from over a couple of years ago. I don't think that matters here, but you never know.

Phones
    Former: HTC Hero, Touch Pro, Moto Q9c, ic902, Treo 755p, Fusic, Sanyo 9000, i836
    Carrier
    Sprint-Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thecentrist View Post
    I've got a similar question...

I had two interviews this week and got a call today from a manager saying they wanted to move forward... same scenario as above. I was told that I would receive a formal offer by early next week. What's troubling to me is that a couple of hours later I went to the careers website to see if my application status had changed. I applied for 3 jobs- one was a lead RC and the others were just a regular retail consultant. I never got a call about the lead retail, and it says "under review". It said "under consideration" a few days ago. The other two say "under consideration" and "not selected".

So now, I'm freaking out a little bit thinking that maybe something went wrong and they're withdrawing? "Not selected" wasn't showing up before. My best judgment tells me there's nothing to worry about and that I'd have gotten another phone call if there was a problem. --But I figured I'd come here to see if anybody could provide some insight with decoding the application status.

I went through a background check with AT&T and passed not too long ago, but I had to send them some documentation for a job they couldn't verify. I also have a few speeding ticke-- err I mean A LOT of speeding tickets from over a couple of years ago. I don't think that matters here, but you never know.

Just relax and keep in contact with your manager at the store you were hired at. You don't have anything to worry about. The application status can change depending on who looks at it but if they said you were hired, then you're hired...

Carriers
    Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    So im still waiting to here back about anything. I called the Asst Mgr to ask a question wether or not I should give my current job my two weeks notice. Ill just wait to hear from him.

Im just wondering at this point if I really have it or not.......

Ill give it till monday as 9/14/10 is when I got the call that they were conducting the background.

Just super excited!

Carriers
    Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Update:

Check Sprint Careers Website it says " Offer Extended"!!!!!

Phones
    Droid
    Droid
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Congratulations! Did they give you enough time to give 2 weeks at your old job?

The started my background check this week as best I can tell. They gave me a start date last week but I'm still waiting on a formal offer. Not sure how long all that will take but the start date isn't for a couple of weeks.

Carriers
    Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Congratulations! Did they give you enough time to give 2 weeks at your old job?

The started my background check this week as best I can tell. They gave me a start date last week but I'm still waiting on a formal offer. Not sure how long all that will take but the start date isn't for a couple of weeks.
    I met with both the assistant and Store Manager.

They didnt give me any start date what so ever its hard getting ahold of them too.....

I was told that once that offer letter is made available to me that I will get a call.

Im giving my two weeks tomorrow, not that they will care a bit because the manager there does not like me at all.....we always bump heads on key issues....So i doubt ill be missed....lol

Phones
    Droid
    Droid
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marcmoral16 View Post
    I met with both the assistant and Store Manager.

They didnt give me any start date what so ever its hard getting ahold of them too.....

I was told that once that offer letter is made available to me that I will get a call.

Im giving my two weeks tomorrow, not that they will care a bit because the manager there does not like me at all.....we always bump heads on key issues....So i doubt ill be missed....lol
    I interviewed with 3 store managers and 2 district managers, all the same day. They contacted me the day after the interviews, and I haven't tried to call any of them at all because I was originally told I wouldn't hear anything at all until today. I think I'll hear from them this week, but if I don't I'm waiting until Monday to call. I called the background check company a couple days ago just to make sure they had my form (they had me submit it twice so I'm not sure it took the first time). They said they had the form but an order hadn't been placed by Sprint. Then yesterday, I checked my submission status and saw that the date had changed... so I'm assuming that means they ordered a background check. The one that got updated still says "under consideration" with the other two saying "under review" and "not selected".

I'm anxious, but I've been job hunting for a few weeks now so I've gotten a lot more patient lol. I've gotten 2 informal offers other places but neither were going to work out for me. They were both contingent on me changing my availability. Sprint seems to be the best fit.

Phones
    Droid
    Droid
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    **********edit
    Last edited by thecentrist; 09-29-2010 at 07:26 AM. Reason: double post

Carriers
    Sprint Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I interviewed with 3 store managers and 2 district managers, all the same day. They contacted me the day after the interviews, and I haven't tried to call any of them at all because I was originally told I wouldn't hear anything at all until today. I think I'll hear from them this week, but if I don't I'm waiting until Monday to call. I called the background check company a couple days ago just to make sure they had my form (they had me submit it twice so I'm not sure it took the first time). They said they had the form but an order hadn't been placed by Sprint. Then yesterday, I checked my submission status and saw that the date had changed... so I'm assuming that means they ordered a background check. The one that got updated still says "under consideration" with the other two saying "under review" and "not selected".

I'm anxious, but I've been job hunting for a few weeks now so I've gotten a lot more patient lol. I've gotten 2 informal offers other places but neither were going to work out for me. They were both contingent on me changing my availability. Sprint seems to be the best fit.

I got my offer letter in my email on Wednesday, Then immediately got a call from the ASM of the store confirming the letter that was sent out. Start Next friday.

Update us (me...lol) with your progress

Phones
    Carrier
    Sprint-Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Welcome to the family of Sprint Nextel! Let me know if you have any questions/issues

Phones
    Droid
    Droid
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marcmoral16 View Post
    I got my offer letter in my email on Wednesday, Then immediately got a call from the ASM of the store confirming the letter that was sent out. Start Next friday.

Update us (me...lol) with your progress
    I got sent instructions for a drug test, went and made my donation, and still waiting. It's only been a day, so I figure they got the results today at best. Sticking to my Monday plan. The start date they gave me is for next Friday also.

I got a call yesterday from another company I applied with a few weeks back to try to re-negotiate availability. I told them what was going on with Sprint (I think I'd rather have the job at Sprint anyway...) and the manager there said he'd find out if he could match/beat Sprint's initial offer, which was a little better than his. I'm supposed to let him know what they're paying when I get a formal offer. At this point though I'm probably taking whatever Sprint offers the same day. This is interesting though, since I went a while without any offers at all... when it rains it pours, I guess. It would be pretty sweet if I had to decide between the two jobs... not 100% sure what I'll do if that happens.
    Last edited by thecentrist; 09-24-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: update

Phones
    Droid
    Droid
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    update:

I'm in. I got my letter, and I start Monday 10/4.

HR seems to drag their feet, which is typical of most HR departments. They always seem to think they're the most important people in any company. The hiring manager got noticeably frustrated with that, but everything got taken care of.

As for the other company, I went ahead and let them know what the offer was for, and just said let me know what you find out. I'm thinking they'll have to offer me at least an extra $2 an hour and a closer location for me to back out of this. I doubt both of those things are possible. Maybe the extra pay... but I think any position they would hire me for will be further away. The only real edge they have on Sprint as a prospective employer is their benefits. I feel like Sprint's product is superior and should be easier to sell.

At any rate, I'm relieved, excited, and thankful.

Feedback Score
    Hey congrats!!!

I just filled out online application and got this message..... "Thank you for completing our assessment. An invitation and instructions to complete our application will be sent to your email within 24 hours. This must be completed for further consideration of this position. If you do not receive this message, please check your email's spam filter. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Sprint."

What can i expect within 24 hrs?? What is it that must be completed?? Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast