Thread: Sidekick Questions

Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Sidekick Questions

I've got a few issues with my Sidekick LX '09 I'm hoping I can find some help with. Namely, with the Twitter app.

The program says there is location based service available for it and I simply need to check in the config menu of the phone that it is ok to access it. When I got to the location privileges menu, the only app shown is Bing. There is no place to give Twitter permission. Is there a way around this or is it just a feature that was never fully completed in the program?

The other is with mobile picture uploading through the Twitter app. When you attempt to attach a picture in Twitter, you can see it connecting with Twitgoo. Problem is it just keep trying to upload and eventually timing out. I even went and linked Twitgoo to my Twitter account to ensure everything should be good but had no luck. I can't simply just mobile upload to Twitgoo either. Any work-around for this?

Only other issue is a weak data connection on the phone. For the most part, it seems pretty good but there is times when the phone will switch from edge to 3G and back. When it is switching around, data is extremely slow. Every now and then it completely loses data service and won't reconnect until the phone has been restarted. At times like this, the phone will sometimes bring up a kill-screen that includes some small green text with a red "X" over the entire screen for a second before it restarts on it's own. I've restarted my phone regularly as well as done a complete master reset and this has had no effect. Any ideas?

I appreciate any help! Thank you!

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can't speak on the first two issues you're experiencing as I never had them when I still had my LX '09, but the last issue you're having makes it sound like you need to call customer service & get a replacement. That basically means that there's a problem with the phone itself and you can't fix it with a master reset/battery pull/etc.
    Grool.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkaosu View Post
    I've got a few issues with my Sidekick LX '09 I'm hoping I can find some help with. Namely, with the Twitter app.

The program says there is location based service available for it and I simply need to check in the config menu of the phone that it is ok to access it. When I got to the location privileges menu, the only app shown is Bing. There is no place to give Twitter permission. Is there a way around this or is it just a feature that was never fully completed in the program?

The other is with mobile picture uploading through the Twitter app. When you attempt to attach a picture in Twitter, you can see it connecting with Twitgoo. Problem is it just keep trying to upload and eventually timing out. I even went and linked Twitgoo to my Twitter account to ensure everything should be good but had no luck. I can't simply just mobile upload to Twitgoo either. Any work-around for this?

Only other issue is a weak data connection on the phone. For the most part, it seems pretty good but there is times when the phone will switch from edge to 3G and back. When it is switching around, data is extremely slow. Every now and then it completely loses data service and won't reconnect until the phone has been restarted. At times like this, the phone will sometimes bring up a kill-screen that includes some small green text with a red "X" over the entire screen for a second before it restarts on it's own. I've restarted my phone regularly as well as done a complete master reset and this has had no effect. Any ideas?

I appreciate any help! Thank you!
    I also took a t mobile sidekick phone. when i insert a sim, its asking for a special code. will anyone please help me to findout the code.