Thread: walmart family mobile so far so good

Phones
    Electify
    Desire
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by max_shah007 View Post
    not my kind of plan i am high data user already used 8 gb of data in 2 weeks LOL
    Wow...not to change the subject of the thread but what do you do on your phone that uses that much data?

Feedback Score
    This is not for data users. I tested the data by sending several mms emails the emails were 1.6KiB, 1.5KiB, and 7.4Kib in size. I got hit with a 1MiB charge (5 cents) for each email! Maybe everyone else does this but this seems extreme.

Anyway I turned the data off completely in my account settings. I don't need data on these accounts.

Just a warning to folks that are using data make sure you use at least a 1MiB at a time because you will get charged that much even if you use less than 1MiB.

Later.

Feedback Score
    What is the email address for this service? I sent myself an email and it came back as 1234561212@mvnofour.com (that is not my real number). I tried to send a reply message and the message could not be delivered because domain does not exist. I tried the tmobile mail extension that did not work either.

Thanks.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
    This is not for data users. I tested the data by sending several mms emails the emails were 1.6KiB, 1.5KiB, and 7.4Kib in size. I got hit with a 1MiB charge (5 cents) for each email! Maybe everyone else does this but this seems extreme.

Anyway I turned the data off completely in my account settings. I don't need data on these accounts.

Just a warning to folks that are using data make sure you use at least a 1MiB at a time because you will get charged that much even if you use less than 1MiB.

Later.
    I thought they gave you 100mb free along with the first month?
    With T-Mobile since 2003
    1000min Family Time $69.99
    Unlimited Family Messaging $9.99
    Preferred Unlimited Mytouch Internet $20 x2
    Premium Handset Insurance $7.99 x2
    MyFaves add-on $Free x2

I plan Events and Weddings
    EGO Productions: Events Glamourously Outdone

Ideal Phone: Android with a keyboard, 2ghz processor 32g ROM and 2g RAM, front facing camera, and running with all bands of 3G and 4G with UMA...I can dream can't I!

Carriers
    T-Mobile $30 Prepaid, what a bargain.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ladykaya View Post
    I thought they gave you 100mb free along with the first month?
    Each MMS uses 1MiB ($.05) from your webpak regardless of size. Which is kind of a rip off when your realize that 1MiB is the maximum size limit.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    It's too bad you don't simply get charged for what the message actually uses, data-wise. But when you compare that nickle charge to what T-Mobile Prepaid (for instance) charges for an MMS ($0.25), it looks pretty good. Regardless, I'm not in the crowd that regularly sees something and thinks, "Oooh, I've gotta take a picture and SHARE this with all my friends". Meh.

Phone
    Android
    Carriers
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Shhh....has anyone tried a different APN with Walmart mobile other than EPC APN (default)? Is wap.voicestream.com or internet2.voicestream.com counted?

Phones
    Droid X & Htc Evo
    Droid X
    Htc Evo
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post
    Shhh....has anyone tried a different APN with Walmart mobile other than EPC APN (default)? Is wap.voicestream.com or internet2.voicestream.com counted?
    hopefully somebody will post!! I am curious also

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    It's too bad you don't simply get charged for what the message actually uses, data-wise. But when you compare that nickle charge to what T-Mobile Prepaid (for instance) charges for an MMS ($0.25), it looks pretty good. Regardless, I'm not in the crowd that regularly sees something and thinks, "Oooh, I've gotta take a picture and SHARE this with all my friends". Meh.
    Correct for T-mobile pre-paid pay as go, but if you have the other t-mobile prepaid plans (50 bucks a month - unlimited or 15 bucks a month - text messaging), MMS is included. This is a better deal if you use MMS a lot.

Later

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Interesting that the phone can send e-mail messages but not receive them. What does the display read when the phone is on the network, "T-Mobile", "Walmart" or something else?
    America Movil/Straight Talk/TracFone customer since 2004.
    verizon customer since 2012.
    T-Mobile customer from 2005-2014.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardP View Post
    Interesting that the phone can send e-mail messages but not receive them. What does the display read when the phone is on the network, "T-Mobile", "Walmart" or something else?
    The operator display has "Family Mobile" in the place of T-Mobile.

Thanks.

Phones
    Changes Every Blink
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Live from the moto cliq xt. So far its dope. For some reason the phone was on airplane mode, but its cool. As I'm typing now I'm experiencing HORRID lag. But that has only occured right now. Still waiting for everything to port over plus I've got 15 days to to return it

Phones
    Changes Every Blink
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Also I know its an issue to some but its no branding on the phone. Aside from the onscreen banner when the phone is locked there's no logos :-)

Phones
    Changes Every Blink
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So i put the SIM card in my Sidekick 08 for the heck of it, to my surprise(kinda) it says Family Mobile and although i'm in a "ported number transition" i can make calls and send texts, so on that note i returned the Moto Cliq XT. i just started receiving certain carrier texts, something that happens every time i port, but i can't use the web services. i was told i'd have to have it unlocked but i received an MMS but it didn't download. Is it possible that i may just simply need to wait for all the services to fully kick in or is it truly necessary for me to have T-Mobile unlock it for use with... um T-Mobile?

Phone
    Motorola Droid Maxx 32GB
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepurb View Post
    So i put the SIM card in my Sidekick 08 for the heck of it, to my surprise(kinda) it says Family Mobile and although i'm in a "ported number transition" i can make calls and send texts, so on that note i returned the Moto Cliq XT. i just started receiving certain carrier texts, something that happens every time i port, but i can't use the web services. i was told i'd have to have it unlocked but i received an MMS but it didn't download. Is it possible that i may just simply need to wait for all the services to fully kick in or is it truly necessary for me to have T-Mobile unlock it for use with... um T-Mobile?
    Sidekicks require sidekick service from t-mobile to get any kind of data... including picture messages
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: CenturyLink DSL at Home

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast