Thread: Why no Call Forwarding on T-Mobile Prepaid?

Feedback Score

Why no Call Forwarding on T-Mobile Prepaid?

Does anyone know why call forwarding is not permitted? I'm just curious. I like T-Mobile, but I would LOVE to have call forwarding too.

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-8-4 Northern View Post
    Does anyone know why call forwarding is not permitted? I'm just curious. I like T-Mobile, but I would LOVE to have call forwarding too.
    Just a guess. Since T-Mobile has both unconditional and conditional forwarding on the monthly service and since you're only charged for any unconditional forwarding over 500 minutes perhaps that has something to do with it. Other than that I don't have a clue. Other prepaid services don't allow it though some do. I'm not sure what the situation is with AT&T, but I do know (or at least I think I know) that AT&T doesn't distinguish between unconditional and conditional as far as billing unlike T-Mobile for their billed service.

Also, prepaid does not allow for short code texting (like to vote in American Idol, America's Got Talent, etc.)
    Last edited by Telekom; 09-22-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Adding additional text
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Carriers
    Boost Mobile & T-Mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    @Telecom: Some prepaid providers allow short code texting, i know for sure boost mobile allows it, and i managed to text a short code on tmobile prepaid. When i had AT&T prepaid, i attempted to set-up call forwarding, and i was successful.

@4-8-4 Northern: Here's a simple answer, The reason why tmobile doesn't allow call forwarding on prepaid is because this is one of the rescrictions placed on prepaid users to make them sign a contract to marry tmobile so those users can have call forwarding and other restricted features.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmokey6 View Post
    @4-8-4 Northern: Here's a simple answer, The reason why tmobile doesn't allow call forwarding on prepaid is because this is one of the rescrictions placed on prepaid users to make them sign a contract to marry tmobile so those users can have call forwarding and other restricted features.
    Hmmmm....I pay $50 per month (unlimited talk/text). Some postpaid folks aren't paying that much. Yet, they get perks that I don't get.

Carriers
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    Yeah. AT&T prepaid allows CF.