Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Family Mobile APN settings wrong?

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Walmart Family Mobile APN settings wrong?

I activated a Moto Cliq XT on 9/20 and have never been able to use any EDGE data at all, Wifi works fine so its not the phone. I've tried the sim in other T-Mobile phones and data is not working on those also.

Here are my settings:

APN - web.omwtoday.com
    Proxy - Not set
    Port - Not set
    Username - none
    Password - ****
    MMSC - http://wirelessfour.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy - not set
    MMS Port - Not set

Anyone have any ideas or other setting that may be working.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Hey, the APN is correct as per Family Mobile customer service, I just had a nice long chat with them trying to get my iPhone Edge working, that APN is def correct, unfortunately for me, my data isn't working at all still

Feedback Score
    Also - One thing I found interesting, that probably isn't correct, but they told me that Wifi had to be set off for Edge to work.

Phone
    Samsung R451C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Edge still works with Wifi on, Edge has to be on to receive MMS I believe.

Data is still not working as of yet. I love the price but if they can't get data working 5 days after launch (and who knows how many days to pre-launch to get it right) I may be looking somewhere else.

And I don't need a lot of data, just a little bit. Come on WFM!

Feedback Score
    Very interesting, My data isn't working at all either. and I agree, I need at least some data , they really need to take care of this problem. I may also cancel and go elsewhere if they don't get on it.

Feedback Score
    I have my iPhone working on the new Walmart service. I don't know how to get the data working either. Has anyone been able to get the EDGE data working?

Feedback Score
    Not yet, The Technicians opened a support ticket, but I'm not holding out too much hope, they better get this fixed. Call them if you haven't already.

Feedback Score
    hey look, an article about us! http://www.phonenews.com/wal-mart-fa...week-in-12857/

Thanks for that whomever wrote it. Makes me happy the word is getting out, they need to fix this and we need our data!

Feedback Score

It works!

Edge data just started working for me today on my iPhone. Email notifications work, and my phone is better than it was on AT&T. The only thing that doesn't work, obviously, is the visual voicemail, but I didn't use that anyway because I use google voice. The EDGE network isn't super fast, but then again, the AT&T 3G sucked horribly most of the time.

The APN settings that I have for the iPhone are web.omwtoday.com with username and password blank.

It just started working today, so I wonder if Walmart fixed something.

Feedback Score

No web, apps, or mms picture messages

At least I know its not just me. First it took about 4 days for my phone to work, they kept saying according to their system it was working and they could see my blackberry registered on the network. So they would reset some setting, then it should be working in a few hours. But noting ever happened.

Today I finally get service and a text that says welcome to wamart wireless. But now at the end of the day all I have still is basic phone & text service. If Im not on wifi, the browser wont work, I cant send or receive picture messages(at all) and the apps I got while on wifi says they will not work with out a wifi connection or say unable to communicate with host.

Does it just take a few more days for everything to kick in ?

Also, anyone else had the problem with calling in, each time I got transferred the connection got quieter and harder to hear ? Happened to me each time and I was calling from a land line at my home or work.

I talked to them tonight about the data features not working and not being able to send or receive picture messages even while on wifi. They said since its not a WFM phone, the data features may not work. He said to manually enter the APN and if that didnt work then to contact RIM for support, there was nothing else they could do.

I thought I saw on their site or in an ad you can use any GSM phone with WFM, there was not a * next to it saying data features may not work on other phone. Guess have I have no choice to wait and see it turns on. Think my billing cycle is the 12th, if its not working by then Ill drop it before I get too attached.
    Last edited by bobjr94; 09-28-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Feedback Score
    Very interesting, mine just starting working yesterday as well. I am thinking Wal-mart had a problem, didn't want to admit it, and then got it fixed.

Feedback Score
    Anyone have MMS working on iphone for family mobile? probably deserves a new thread but just checking maybe i can get a quick answer. thanks!

Feedback Score
    I have an unlocked blackjack II that I've activated on WFM. Can't get data services to work. Anyone know the settings?

Feedback Score

not yet

I was hoping after some time had passed it would start working, like the iphone guy.

I have heard people saying something like you need a specific blackberry data plan to make it work and its not available on WFM ?

One odd thing, Blackberry App World works great, wifi or Edge..I can browse hundreds of apps, download and install them, but then none of the apps work when Im off wifi, except the BB app world does.

As a note, after reading some other threads I installed opera mini when I was on wifi and it works fine on Edge. I can not use the blackberry browser but a 3rd party browser seems to do the job. Might have to use this setup for the time being, at least I can get to email & web sites this way.
    Last edited by bobjr94; 10-05-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: note

Feedback Score
    We just got a new unlocked sidekick lx 3G and so far no web or data will work for it either. Plain texting works but it wont send pictures. How long should I wait before calling customer service and will they be able to fix it ?

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast