Thread: Shifting from Net10 to Tracfone

Carrier
    TMo
    Feedback Score

Shifting from Net10 to Tracfone

Now that Net10 is no longer offering free airtime cards on refurbs, I am thinking of shifting to Tracfone since my usage is pretty low and Net10 comes out to be costlier by a bit.

Can I shift my Net10 phone, its number and minutes to Tracfone directly by calling? Do I need to add a new airtime card while activating the phone on Tracfone if it is possible?

Feedback Score
    You can of course port the number to Tracfone, but the airtime is not transferable. It has a different cost structure. When you do the port, the airtime will be left behind.

Feedback Score
    Lisme nailed it. However, you can always transfer your number and reactivate your old Net10 phone and sell or give the service left on it.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    You will need to buy a Tracfone. Your NET10 phone will not work on Tracfone, but you can easily transfer your phone number.

Carrier
    TMo
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. The primary reason was to avoid buying a new phone. Number and minutes are not as important.

Feedback Score
    Then, in that case, no you cannot keep the same phone. However, if like you said you have a lot of minutes left on your net10 phone, you can sell that phone and service to recoup what it would cost to buy a phone on Trac.

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    In a situation like this, when a NET10 phone goes inactive before its "due date" because you transferred the number to a Tracfone, does the original due date remain on the inactive NET10 phone? Or does the due date change to the date the phone goes inactive? If you reactivate within 30 days, do you get some of the former service days from the old due date or only the airtime minutes?

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    In a situation like this, when a NET10 phone goes inactive before its "due date" because you transferred the number to a Tracfone, does the original due date remain on the inactive NET10 phone? Or does the due date change to the date the phone goes inactive? If you reactivate within 30 days, do you get some of the former service days from the old due date or only the airtime minutes?
    That is covered in their Terms & Conditions

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball-II View Post
    That is covered in their Terms & Conditions
    I'm sorry, but I don't find any mention of a situation like this in the Terms and Conditions.

They only refer to the case where you reach the service end date and the phone goes inactive. If you reactivate within 30 days, you recover the airtime, but nowhere do they mention reactivating a phone which went inactive before its service end date and thus whether or not you would also recover some service days.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    "If your Service is deactivated, your TRACFONE can be reactivated by purchasing and adding any TRACFONE Prepaid Wireless Airtime card. However, once reactivated, your TRACFONE will be assigned a new phone number. Airtime which remained at the time of deactivation will remain on your TRACFONE if it is reactivated within 60 days from the deactivation date. However, airtime which remained at the time of deactivation will be lost if your TRACFONE Service remains deactivated longer than 60 days."

When you port out your trac number you are deactivating your fone.

So.....What is "airtime"? I have always believed the trac definition of airtime to be a combination of minutes and service days. In the trac TOS, trac refers to minutes as "airtime minutes". That seems to imply that minutes are just ONE part of "airtime". (We have discussed this here before) The other part of "airtime" is the service days.

Soooo....."Airtime which remained at the time of deactivation will remain on your TRACFONE if it is reactivated within 60 days from the deactivation date".....to me, means that you will get your minutes and service days back.
    Having to wait even an hour to get a prepaid wireless plan pin from an online dealer or pin seller is NOT great, good or even mediocre customer service when you consider this instant internet age we live in. Why let anyone convince you otherwise? Understaffed is what it's called.(Two is not a team)

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.