Thread: WalMart return policy on ST phone

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

WalMart return policy on ST phone

Does anyone know what the store return policy is? Is it still 30 days? Must the phone be unopened?

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No the phone doesn't have to be unopened but as far as the 30 days every store is different. Walmarts only allows a 15 day return policy on electronics, but some of the stores will allow 30 days for prepaid phones. Why I don't know... but you'd have to check yours.

My Babies:
    ~ 64gb iPhone 6 Plus ~ 32gb iPad Mini ~ 64gb iPad Air ~
    11" MacBook Air ~ 13" MacBook Pro ~ Retired iPhone 5S ~

Feedback Score
    30 return policy here in CA., also 30 day window for post paid.

Phones
    LG VX10000 Voyager Titanium
    LG VX9900 enV Silver (Retired)
    LG VX6100 (Retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Officially, 30 Days. Can be opened, but packaging (and included materials and accessories) are required. Receipt is required. Redeemed airtime cannot be refunded. Phone must be in "like-new" condition.

Of course, with a chain as big as Walmart, YMMV.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Best to get it in writing, what some one told you doesn`t count for much.

Feedback Score

Walmart return policy for all cell phones.

Walmart most definitely has a 15 day max return policy on cell phones.
    I purchased a ST r451c through Walmart.online. The sound quality, volume, ringer
    were progressively unacceptable. I returned the phone to a brick and mortar Walmart on day 13 after the online purchase [ that is when the clock starts clicking].
    I had cleared the phone of all data before hand...which in retrospect, voided the tel. # when I hit the reset button....tough lesson to learn.

I purchased a new LG 290c/ST and went online to shift the phone number and remaining minutes to the new number.That is when I discovered the tel.# had been voided.

I called Customer Service and to ST credit...they undid my over zealous housekeeping.
    I had retained the minutes card and pin #, and they replaced the full 30 days/1000 minutes on the new LG290c and reassigned the tel. # to it.

It took about 30 min. I was ready to swallow the loss of the card, having read about all the horrible CS stories with ST, but truly this was a decent experience. I did call late at night and was directly connected after the maze of the voice menu. While I knew I was not speaking to a native English speaker, the representative was grammartically correct in our interchange, and the only 'give-a-way' was that she thanked me endlessly for using 'Straight Talc"....:-).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Begee View Post
    Walmart most definitely has a 15 day max return policy on cell phones.
    At least in Western Washington, Walmart most definitely has (or had, they might have changed it in the last few weeks) a 90 day max return on *prepaid* cell phones.

I know this because I'm on my 3rd straight talk phone, the last 2 being returned, one at 89 days and one at 79 days.

Their website is down for maintenance at this second, but last time I looked, the web return policy was 15 days for *Post Paid* phones and there was no specific pre paid policy.

So next time someone says Most Definitely, it couldn't hurt to double check.

Phones
    LG VX10000 Voyager Titanium
    LG VX9900 enV Silver (Retired)
    LG VX6100 (Retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I can assure you the official store policy is 30 days.

You can ask your service desk associate to look it up on the WIRE in the Front End Guide.

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUncleBob View Post
    I can assure you the official store policy is 30 days.

You can ask your service desk associate to look it up on the WIRE in the Front End Guide.
    Well Bob, I can assure you that you are wrong, as last Friday I return two phones that were 62 days old!

Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    I returned an LG620G in trade for an LG290C because I couldn't get reception on the LG620G in one of the 2 zip codes that I travel between. I had the 620G for about 2 weeks. I returned it in the original box, with all of the accessories (without any issues). I purchased the LG290C at the same time. What I didn't realize though, is that when the phone gets 'scanned' back in as a return, it deactivates your number and it gets thrown back into the Straight Talk number pool.

Keep your previous phone's serial number and the number on your pre-paid card. When you do this, Straight Talk will re-apply your minutes (in full) to the new phone.

Phone
    iPhone 5S, iPad Mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think it depends on who's working and how busy they are as well. I just bought an iTouch back in August. 3 days ago the USB cable was no longer working. I went in, bought a new one (apple brand of course) packed up the old one and returned it. Lady never even checked or asked with what was wrong with it. I had bought the iTouch from Walmart anyway, and did nothing to the cable that it should have stopped working after 2 months. Doesn't matter... they get their money back no matter what.

But there have been other times when I've gotten a fussy employee who turns around to read the sign regarding policies. So as I said earlier... it all depends on the individual store.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If at first you don`t suceed, DON`T GIVE UP !