Thread: Palm Pixi Plus is activated, but I can't set up Palm Profile

Feedback Score

Palm Pixi Plus is activated, but I can't set up Palm Profile

I just did an ESN change to a new Pixi Plus. My account is active and the phone makes calls successfully if you cheat by using the Emergency Call feature, but when I go through the required profile setup process, I get stuck on the screen "Sign In Failed" you need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in.

Arrgh! I AM connected! How do I move on from here or (better) activate WiFi so the setup doesn't kill me with data charges? I am on the pay-as-you-go plan, so I'm paying for data at a ridiculous rate.

Feedback Score
    Update: it works!!! problem was the simplest possible thing: PP hadn't activated my account for data!! I'm pretty mad, because I specifically asked the customer service rep who handled my ESN change about data and she was totally wrong. After failing to get the phone working, I had to switch the ESN back to my old phone since I couldn't be without a working phone. I asked the same question, got the same wrong answer. Finally, I decided to give it one last try. The third rep got it right: as she was doing the ESN change, she said "Oh, your data isn't switched on. I'll just do it right now." And magically, as I watched the screen of my new Pixi Plus, the icon "3G" appeared next to the signal strength bars. Success! Naturally, the first thing I did was turn off data (so I wouldn't burn up my account balance with data charges) and switch to Wifi, and I'm downloading the WebOS update (via Wifi, of course) as we speak. Tomorrow, I'll check to see how much data I burned up to set up my Palm profile, but I'm so relieved I didn't have to wipe the phone with meta doctor or anything like that that I don't really care. And on the plus side, even though the first two CSR's totally screwed up, I didn't have to wait on hold for more than 5 seconds so at least I didn't waste too much time. So the short story: the Pixi Plus works out of the box with Page Plus, talk, text, data!! The End.