Thread: Voicemail hell

Feedback Score

Voicemail hell

So my VM box got full and I needed to listen/clear messages.
    Like a lot of people, there are some messages that I could delete once I heard the first few seconds of the message (ie. an 'empty' message, calls from Rob Ford's telemarketing machine, and other junk).

WIND's VM instructions http://www2.windmobile.ca/media/pdfs...email_Tree.pdf state that you can press 7 during playback of a message to immediately delete a message you are currently listening to. This is not the case (or perhaps just not the case on a Nokia 5230).

What happens when I have a full mailbox is that as long as a message is in an 'unheard' state (meaning that it has not played to completion), the WIND VM system will not permit the 7 key to delete the message.

So today I had to let all 20 messages in my VM play through once to get the VM system to clear the 'unheard' bit, then play the 20 messages again so that the 7 key would then work in deleting the messages. All in all, a total waste of time (minutes of airtime).

So my questions are these:

1) Is this a Nokia 5230 thing only, or is it a problem with other WIND phones as well? If it's a problem with other phones, then WIND needs to fix their VM system.

2) Is there a DTMF setting on the Nokia that needs to be changes to get the VM system to recognize key presses?

Feedback Score
    Press 7 twice while listening to a message.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Google Nexus S
    Carrier
    Rogers 1992-2010 WIND Mobile 2010-
    Feedback Score
    Also press 1 again to skip the unheard message portion and go straight to your message.

Phone
    Nokia N900
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    1) haven't had an issue with '7' in the middle of a message, but then again, i'm on an N900 and don't think my VMbox has been full.

2) as horrible as it may be to think of, the truth is, ford is the best candidate in this race.

Phone
    Android Dev Phone 2
    Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by onemorecanuck View Post
    2) as horrible as it may be to think of, the truth is, ford is the best candidate in this race.
    What does this have to do with anything? This really isn't the right forum to open that can of worms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobmac View Post
    Press 7 twice while listening to a message.
    7 7 doesn't work on my 5230 either until the 'unheard' bit is cleared by playing the message all the way through.
    My 5230 doesn't seem to want to generate audible DTMF tones when I press the on-screen keys.

I also had the same problem with a Samsung Gravity2, which leads me to believe that it might be a WIND account profile thing.

Phone
    Nokia N900
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j0no View Post
    What does this have to do with anything? This really isn't the right forum to open that can of worms.

from the OP
    Quote Originally Posted by IlikeGSM View Post
    ...calls from Rob Ford's telemarketing machine, and other junk...

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Don't you press 3 (or 33) to go to the end of a current message?

Carrier
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 403808 View Post
    Don't you press 3 (or 33) to go to the end of a current message?
    This.

1 is rewind, 11 quickly is go to the beginning, 3 is fast forward, 33 quickly is go to the end, 5 is message info (call time, message duration, number id), 7 is delete, 9 is save.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    HTC Sensation 4G, BlackBerry Bold 9700, Apple iPhone 3G
    Ericsson T18z, Sony Ericsson Z200, Nokia 6010, Sony Ericsson Z520a, Nokia E61, Sony Ericsson K790a
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Can we just combine these Voicemail complaint threads? It's a bunch of BS anyway because Wind's VM is functionally identical to the VM I've used before (on Fido before I had VVM).
    Formerly FidoFan

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Google Nexus S
    Carrier
    Rogers 1992-2010 WIND Mobile 2010-
    Feedback Score
    I agree WIND's voicemail functions exactly the same as my Rogers voicemail did with many of the shortcuts mentioned operating effectively.