Thread: How long do I have to top up the first time after activation?

Feedback Score

Question How long do I have to top up the first time after activation?

How long do I have to purchase my first $10 card? I just activated through a dealer and have a $2 starter credit as of last night. Thank you!

Carriers
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    119 days. If you wait the 120 days indicated on the PP web site, you'll already be expired.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    I would not wait that long. The annoying thing about P+ is that if you run out of time in the middle of a call, you run the risk of being suddenly disconnected. That is actually true with a lot of prepaid companies. Also, $2 does not provide very many minutes if you have to call people for something like your mother going into the hospital (requiring you to call all your brothers, sisters, grandparents, close friends, etc.) I always keep at least $10 on any phone that I will depend on for that purpose.

Phone
    Motorola Razr V3M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Simple Moble
    Feedback Score
    You really need to load at least the $10 card within the first 2 weeks if not sooner. That $2 is only 20 minutes at best.
    Living life on the edge!
    ==But then I have no life==

Carriers
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markivy View Post
    You really need to load at least the $10 card within the first 2 weeks if not sooner. That $2 is only 20 minutes at best.
    That depends on your usage. When I ported two Verizon numbers to PP for my wife and son they each got a $10 credit on their account. It took each of them over a year to burn through that $10, by which time I had to add $20 more to each account just keep them active.

But even without ANY use of the phone, that $2 wouldn't last the entire 119 days due to the monthly $0.50 maintenance fee, the fourth of which would almost certainly hit before day 119.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroConnect View Post
    That depends on your usage. When I ported two Verizon numbers to PP for my wife and son they each got a $10 credit on their account. It took each of them over a year to burn through that $10, by which time I had to add $20 more to each account just keep them active.
    I know that game. I have a phone account (not Page Plus) that has been open for over three years. It currently has over 3200 minutes on it. Before you know it you have a large balance built up (admittedly not quite as fast on P+, but as you can attest it happens).