Thread: PLEASE HELP WITH ACTIVATING MEID# of Samsung Straight Talk phone

Feedback Score

PLEASE HELP WITH ACTIVATING MEID# of Samsung Straight Talk phone

PLEASE,,, NEED HELP ASAP
    Wow! Y'all really know what you are talking about! This is very interesting information and I have been reading it for a couple hours now. I have a big problem though, and I really hope someone can help me fix it. I have a Samsung phone, (SCH-R451C,ST)Straight Talk informed me that the phone is inactive. The status shows as invalid and I don't know what I can do. It has not been stolen, just not used. Straight Talk will not do anything for me and either will Wal-Mart. I don't have a receipt for the phone. I got it from a friend and expected it to work which has become virtually impossible. Is there a code I can enter or a way that will make the MEID# valid????
    Please help.
    Thanks so much, Jodi

Feedback Score
    Hi Jodi701,

The fastest way to get help with your phone is going to their Facebook Tech Support website.
    I'm not even into Facebook, but i realized people get help right away when you post your question on their Facebook site....so I created an account to ask for help.
    After you create an acct with Facebook, you can post a question.
    Here is their link: http://www.facebook.com/StraightTalk...app_2373072738

Good Luck

Feedback Score
    I never access my face book and I just spent 20 minutes trying to find where I can ask them about my dilemma. So I just logged off. There was no place to reply. Do you know anything about changing the status of a phone? I appreciate your response but I am getting frustrated from trying to figure out what I can do. I guess Wal-Mart didn't scan the phone but they won't do nothing about it, what do I do?

Feedback Score
    Nevermind, my mistake.

Feedback Score
    Jodi701,

I"m not sure what the problem is with Facebook - but if you just created an acct, they will ask you to verify it. If you did that you should be able to go to that website (make sure you are logged in) and then click on "new topic" and ask your question. - You will not be able to ask a question if you are not logged into Facebook. - Also, you need to click on the "LIKE" button, then the "start topic" will appear.
    Have you tried just going to the Straight Talk website?
    https://www.straighttalk.com/Activate
    Click on Activate Phone with new number then click continue.
    You will then input your MEID #, zipcode and then your payment option.
    If that doesn't work - I would retry the Facebook idea.

Good Luck

Feedback Score
    So is this phone used? Or new?

If its used the original owner needs to call Straight Talk and have it removed from their account.

If its new, the register setup at Walmart makes the cashier scan the phone before completing the transaction.

The other alternative is that it never made it through checkout and was not paid for, which means stolen to Straight Talk.