Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is Fido Network Down?

Carriers
    WIND Mobile
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's been down here in downtown Richmond BC from 2:45PM (at least I discovered it). Tried everything: GSM / UMTS on voice outgoing, voice incoming, SMS incoming and nothing worked. Calling out symtoms include: Call Failed, hanging in the calling state until timed out etc. Tried Voice Mail and 611 also, same. Sometimes the network went to GSM from UMTS (3G) on my phone, sometimes it went to "searching...".

I used another line (non Rogers / Fido) to call a friend in the Vancouver area and I cannot reach him. Tried another friend in Vancouver and reached him fine just 10 mins ago (3:15). Both on Fido I mean.

I just tried again and first call to the 2nd person in above, did not complete, but without the earlier symptoms, instead it's as if the call was dropped (an improvement?), redialed and it finally went through to him.

Tried a non Fido Vancouver number, and now it works. Still cannot reach the first person above. So it's not completely fixed yet. I think it is a network problem.
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Carriers
    Bell
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I can't get any service, voice, data, sms, on my Rogers phone. Funny that the phone still shows full-bar signal strength.

Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    ^Why is that funny? Just because your phone connects to the closest tower doesn't mean the tower is communicating beyond that. Unplug your modem from your router at home...you'll still get wifi signal, right?

Carriers
    Bell
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    ^Why is that funny? Just because your phone connects to the closest tower doesn't mean the tower is communicating beyond that. Unplug your modem from your router at home...you'll still get wifi signal, right?
    Well, I didn't mean funny, like haha funny. I found it "odd", I guess that's the word, since the network is down. If my router is down, I wouldn't get a wi-fi signal.

Phone
    Unlocked iPhone 5
    Carriers
    FIDO for Canada
    Feedback Score
    In Hamilton area, been up and down these past few days. Calls going right to voicemail, no service, and SMS failing or taking forever to send. Grrrrrrrr
    My Plans x2 (Fido): $67 unlim w 2gig & VPk (-$10credits.each) = $57+tax

Feedback Score
    In Winnipeg, 3G fido has not been available for me on my Nexus all day. Only 2G works.
    I am certain about settings.

Phone
    Samsung Blackjack II
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    My Blackjack II is displaying 3G all the time, but very frequently I am missing 4 calls in a row that are going straight to VM. Then later I get the WhoCalled notification and/or VM notification when it decides to reconnect to the service. The phone always shows full bars.

I should also mention that this phone was unlocked from Rogers. Would the Rogers branding have something to do with this? Am I missing some sort of extra settings? Or is the service just unstable right now? I'm in Etobicoke(Toronto).
    THAT IS WHAT TO THE PAIN MEANS;
    IT MEANS I LEAVE YOU IN ANGUISH,
    WALLOWING IN FREAKISH MISERY
    ...FOREVER.

Carriers
    Bell
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad On Vibes View Post
    My Blackjack II is displaying 3G all the time, but very frequently I am missing 4 calls in a row that are going straight to VM. Then later I get the WhoCalled notification and/or VM notification when it decides to reconnect to the service. The phone always shows full bars.

I should also mention that this phone was unlocked from Rogers. Would the Rogers branding have something to do with this? Am I missing some sort of extra settings? Or is the service just unstable right now? I'm in Etobicoke(Toronto).
    I think it was just network problems. Things should be back up and running now.

Phones
    samsung i9000m
    samsung i617
    nokia 6300b
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I was using a AT&T blackjack II before, and the data speeds were better. Not great but just a bit better.
    Now I'm using a Bell galaxyS vibrant, and I rarely get a stable data connection. And the speed is always around .4mbps
    Which is practically unusuable. I'm listening to audio streams and it continually breaks up. This is only around my house though

Was at Granville skytrain station last time and I get no reception at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2