Thread: Activate H20 Wireless

Feedback Score

Activate H20 Wireless

Ok im ready to activate service with h20 I want to port my number and when i check on the website it saids something about IMEI and ActFast Code. What Is This? im trying to activate h20 on a iphone 4 should i call a rep or should i do it online?

Note I Have A AT&T Sim Card as i've confirmed you can use a AT&T sim card as long as its NEVER been activated.

Phones
    iPhone 3Gs, Xperia Mini
    iPhone 3Gs
    Xperia Mini
    Carrier
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The IMEI is a unique identifier for your phone, which will be on a sticker underneath the battery of your phone. The ActFast code is the fast code for your H2O SIM.

To my knowledge you need a H2O SIM card, but I may be wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techdude20078 View Post
    The IMEI is a unique identifier for your phone, which will be on a sticker underneath the battery of your phone. The ActFast code is the fast code for your H2O SIM.

To my knowledge you need a H2O SIM card, but I may be wrong.
    You Can Use A AT&T Sim Card That Has NEVER been activated. thanks for the reply though I'll figure it out. I Have A iPhone Thats why I was asking but I just found the IMEI In The About Me Section. As For The Actfast Idk how people got there iPhone to work if you need that.

Phones
    Droid 3, SE W518,
    Atrix HD, HTC 8925
    Carrier
    Net10, TMO, H2O, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    There should be another box under the ActFast code box, with an explanation like "If you do not have an ActFast code, enter the SIM serial number here". You just enter the number printed on the SIM (and on the larger credit card sized snap-out card).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    There should be another box under the ActFast code box, with an explanation like "If you do not have an ActFast code, enter the SIM serial number here". You just enter the number printed on the SIM (and on the larger credit card sized snap-out card).
    Thanks I appreciate your help, I did see that put since I gotta port my number it does not give me that option on the transfer form I guess I'll have to do it over the phone. Thanks again

Feedback Score
    From what I understand, you can use a never activated Att sim IF you are going to be using the daily, minute or monthly plan that is NOT unlimited/Pure or unlimited with data. If you go to any H20 gsm unlimited plan, you are forced to get their special unlimited sim.
    This also applies to Air Voice gsm. You can use a regular Att sim on their minute plans but NOT their unlimited one.

I think this may have been a plan by Att to keep their mvnos in check. Almost none of the Att unlimited mvnos can switch readily between plans without being a real bear. Jolt allows it but you have to have less then five dollars to switch. Any more , you lose. Red Pocket allows you to activate the same sim to either minute or unlimited but once you switch to one, you CANNOT switch to the other without a whole new sim. Air Voice and H20 have completely separate sim sets. Only Pure prepaid has this ability far as I know and almost nobody knows who they are (Georgia based Att mvno owned by Telrite).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    From what I understand, you can use a never activated Att sim IF you are going to be using the daily, minute or monthly plan that is NOT unlimited/Pure or unlimited with data. If you go to any H20 gsm unlimited plan, you are forced to get their special unlimited sim.
    This also applies to Air Voice gsm. You can use a regular Att sim on their minute plans but NOT their unlimited one.

I think this may have been a plan by Att to keep their mvnos in check. Almost none of the Att unlimited mvnos can switch readily between plans without being a real bear. Jolt allows it but you have to have less then five dollars to switch. Any more , you lose. Red Pocket allows you to activate the same sim to either minute or unlimited but once you switch to one, you CANNOT switch to the other without a whole new sim. Air Voice and H20 have completely separate sim sets. Only Pure prepaid has this ability far as I know and almost nobody knows who they are (Georgia based Att mvno owned by Telrite).
    I think you are wrong about using a AT&T sim with the unlimited plan as a few users on this forum have confirm you can and a rep also confirmed it to me.

Feedback Score
    You can use an AT&T branded SIM on the unlimited plans... no need to purchase an H2O SIM card. I just activated one myself.

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Only Pure prepaid has this ability far as I know and almost nobody knows who they are (Georgia based Att mvno owned by Telrite).
    If I recall don't they have a service where you start at $10 a month (for a little over 100 minutes) and as you use minutes they charge your credit card in $10 increments as you use time up to $50 a month for 1000 minutes? The rate isn't the best for low minute users, no features and there isn't any data but the idea is a good one.

Feedback Score
    Good then. Originally when H20 and Air Voice debuted last year the official word was no Att sim for Air Voice/H20 unlimited but if you can, (at least on H20 if not Air Voice), why the heck not. One more useful piece of Att mvno data. Thanks. (I do wonder if this applies to those stupid orange Gophone sim that have the simlock built in, hoping such simlocks don't apply to and won't happen on mvnos...)

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure about the gophone sim cards, but the standard 64K postpaid cards work great. My phone displays AT&T as the carrier vs. GSM (which will display if using an H2O branded SIM). Having a true AT&T sim in the phone is a plus in my opinion, especially if you ever need to visit an Apple store for iPhone support.

Good then. Originally when H20 and Air Voice debuted last year the official word was no Att sim for Air Voice/H20 unlimited but if you can, (at least on H20 if not Air Voice), why the heck not. One more useful piece of Att mvno data. Thanks. (I do wonder if this applies to those stupid orange Gophone sim that have the simlock built in, hoping such simlocks don't apply to and won't happen on mvnos...)