Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Intercept Q&A thread

Feedback Score

Visual Voicemail

Does it have Visual Voicemail, and does it work properly?

I believe the Sprint version has it, but it requires carrier back-end support.

Phone
    boostberry 8330
    Carrier
    boost mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have a couple of questions about the Intercept in comparison to the Curve 2:

there has been a lot of conflicting info on the processor, some say its 600 Mhz, and some say its 800 Mhz, anyone know for sure which? I know that either is faster than the curve, but I'm wondering about noticeable difference.

Does the Intercept have push e-mail? I read somewhere that it has G-mail push, but nothing about any other e-mail servers.

how is the native browser compared to the curve 2? the BB browser has always been the one weak point of the BB OS, at least IMO.

I know that DUN is blocked on the network side, but are there any android apps that would allow one to use a tether like program to access the web on a handheld device like a PDA, or a tablet device? I know that there are none for the BB.

thanks.

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    as for tethering, I use pdanet on my blackberry and there is an android pdanet app as well, but most of on here will tell you not to abuse it, I tether only in the event of an emergency i.e. my wifi is out at home (centurylink goes out several times a month) there are some things I can only do on a computer like add phones to my google voice account and get the tracking numbers for billpay on bank of america so I can forward it to my landlord etc. I use it sparingly, but it is nice to know it is there in an emergency.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Feedback Score
    Just found this web page, and thought it may be of use to some of you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tcliff View Post
    Just found this web page, and thought it may be of use to some of you.
    That site looks very useful. Thanks for the link.

Phones
    Samsung Intercept
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    well good thing i haven't opened it yet so now i can go return and get that $20 back. Also, i did buy it on the official date, which according to this forum is the 3rd.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n00dz plz View Post
    well good thing i haven't opened it yet so now i can go return and get that $20 back. Also, i did buy it on the official date, which according to this forum is the 3rd.
    Since when did this forum become part of VM corporate? This forum only included posts from members who thought they knew when the official date was going to be, no matter how many posts there are like "my bro said this" or "I work at Target and this is what I surmised".

When VM's web site announces the phone then you will have the official for sale date.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can't activate via the phone. "Service is not available. Error 06-07-5920".
    Call to customer service(should be free?) but it says "phone is not activated,call customer service". LOL

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhrn View Post
    Can't activate via the phone. "Service is not available. Error 06-07-5920".
    Call to customer service(should be free?) but it says "phone is not activated,call customer service". LOL
    Looks like they didnt scan it right when you bought it.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by V1ViD View Post
    I'm only planning on using the $20 dollars for a case or some food at target. I think im the only one who doesn't mind if I get it or not.

Also, 3 Way calling has been blocked, I have no idea about visual voice-mail. i seem to forget to download one when I go to the market.
    Virgin Mobile blocks all VVM, except Youmail. When you set up google voice mail it will ask you if you want Google voicmail, afer hiting the link you will get a no go message that says to call your carrier. VM will say no go and mention Youmail, or ust say nothing and set you up with Youmail, and they will bill you!
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA View Post
    Virgin Mobile blocks all VVM, except Youmail. When you set up google voice mail it will ask you if you want Google voicmail, afer hiting the link you will get a no go message that says to call your carrier. VM will say no go and mention Youmail, or ust say nothing and set you up with Youmail, and they will bill you!
    Ouch, guess VVM is out then. Its free to check your voicemail with VM anyways right?

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Uses minutes if you use your Cell. Free if you use a landline.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone been able to successfuly tether your Intercept with the stock cable that comes with the phone? I haven't been able to get my phone to connect to the PC. Says device not recognized or whatever and the drivers I downloaded from Samsung doesn't seem to do the trick. Wont even recognize the phone as being connected at all. Read somewhere that the cable shipped with the phone might be the problem 4 pin vs. 5 pin? That it's only good enough for charging but not a data cable. Just want to see what other's on heres experience is.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ba-b4 View Post
    Has anyone been able to successfuly tether your Intercept with the stock cable that comes with the phone? I haven't been able to get my phone to connect to the PC. Says device not recognized or whatever and the drivers I downloaded from Samsung doesn't seem to do the trick. Wont even recognize the phone as being connected at all. Read somewhere that the cable shipped with the phone might be the problem 4 pin vs. 5 pin? That it's only good enough for charging but not a data cable. Just want to see what other's on heres experience is.

I WAS having trouble with it. Are you on win 7 64bit by any chance?

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ba-b4 View Post
    on the phone you have to click on the usb icon and tell it to MOUNT as a drive in order to be able to access your SD card.

Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast