Thread: Sprint Tower Down

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Sprint Tower Down

So on Saturday, September 25th around 1130 p.m. I noticed a drastic drop in service at my house. I typically have a very strong signal and now I'm lucky to get one bar...half the time I'm roaming. So I called Sprint on Sunday, the 26th, they found the tower and determined that it did in fact go from "90 to 0" ... whatever that means. They opened a ticket...gave me the number and called me several times on Sunday. Let me say I'm impressed with how on top of this they've been. Fast forward to Monday, I get a call saying that the ticket was closed because it's definitely an area wide problem and they're aware of the service outage. It's now Thursday, there's clearly still a problem and it's not fixed. I know it hasn't even been a week, but I'm getting antsy because I can't use my phone as usual at my home. Someone is to call me tomorrow to "check in." If it's not fixed by tomorrow morning, I'm going to try my best to get someone to give me a serious status update. They have an entire tower down--I'm not paying $90 a month for a week's worth of lost service.

Anyone have any experience with towers going down? How long do they take to come back up, etc?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by youngabe View Post
    but I'm getting antsy because I can't use my phone as usual at my home. If it's not fixed by tomorrow morning, I'm going to try my best to get someone to give me a serious status update. I'm not paying $90 a month for a week's worth of lost service.:
    Are you sure its not your phone..??

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    ... positive. They themselves have determined it's their tower. When I go to work, my service is perfect, stays perfect as usual...also perfect 4G at work!

Phone
    LG G3
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Towers go down frequently. The one that serves my house goes down at least 5 or 6 times per year. Sometimes for as long as a week at a time. Luckily I can report it to the proper department but it can still take a few days if it goes down on a Friday or Saturday and they don't get back in until Monday.
    Sprint user since 1997

Feedback Score
    ... positive. They themselves have determined it's their tower. When I go to work, my service is perfect, stays perfect as usual...also perfect 4G at work!
    well then, all u can do is keep calling in and hassling them about it..

Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The problem at my home that I originally posted about is now fixed. However, I took a weekend trip to State College, Pennsylvania and in my hotel room, I had strong service but I was unable to make or receive calls, unable to send or receive text messages, yet I was able to use the data services of my phone. I called Sprint from another phone and they determined that FIVE towers were down in Centre County. That makes me uneasy as a Sprint customer. I was absolutely unable to use my phone--what if I would have had an emergency and would have been alone. I've had Verizon and AT&T in the past and can safely say I've never experienced this many outages with any other provider. When Sprint is working as it should, I'm happy, but this latest rash of outages really makes me nervous as a customer.

Feedback Score
    I had strong service but I was unable to make or receive calls, unable to send or receive text messages, yet I was able to use the data services of my phone.
    i believe you meant to say you had strong SIGNAL to your phone...
    what if I would have had an emergency and would have been alone.
    what do you think people back in the very early 90's and earlier did when an emergency came up and there was NO cellular phone...??
    People now a days are so dependent on these cellular phones its not even funny.