Thread: Simple Mobile coverage

Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score

Simple Mobile coverage

My cousin lives in Portland Maine and I'd like to visit at some point. I'm probably going to have burned through the balance on my GoPhone travel SIM by then, and I was thinking on my next US trip I might try Simple Mobile. I've heard their coverage is limited because they can use T-Mobile's network but not their roaming partners.

Looks to me like patches of Maine (including Portland) are covered, but other parts (e.g. Bar Harbor) are partner coverage. Anything to be aware of, if I plan to visit? I would be likely to also visit Boston and New York on the same trip, travelling by bus or train in between.

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    My cousin lives in Portland Maine and I'd like to visit at some point. I'm probably going to have burned through the balance on my GoPhone travel SIM by then, and I was thinking on my next US trip I might try Simple Mobile. I've heard their coverage is limited because they can use T-Mobile's network but not their roaming partners.

Looks to me like patches of Maine (including Portland) are covered, but other parts (e.g. Bar Harbor) are partner coverage. Anything to be aware of, if I plan to visit? I would be likely to also visit Boston and New York on the same trip, travelling by bus or train in between.
    The I-95 corridor you should be fairly well covered, but I'd check the coverage maps to see whether where you're going has coverage. Simple uses the same coverage maps as T-Mobile's native coverage area so keep that in mind. AFAIK there is no roaming on to other networks at all with Simple.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US