Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unable to Use Speed Dial #1 for Voicemail on LG 290C

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Unable to Use Speed Dial #1 for Voicemail on LG 290C

Just purchased and activated an LG 290C on Straight Talk within the last 3 weeks. Haven't been able to use the 1 speed dial to connect to the voicemail system. Instead, I receive the error message: "! Check Call Restrictions -54".

Cust. service wasn't overly helpful, so did a little digging online and came across this on the Straight Talk website: http://www.straighttalk.com/controll...gory=voicemail

Basically, it implies that you need to dial *86 to access voicemail on any CDMA phone on the Straight Talk system--but that press/hold 1 will work for GSM phones.

Is this correct? Does anyone else out there have an LG 290C (or other CDMA phone) that can access voicemail through speeddialling 1?

When I check the number assigned to speeddial 1, it shows 000-000-2614.

This is apparently throwing off other voicemail connection features, such as: accessing voicemail through Messages menu [menu-3-6], using voice command to access voicemail [menu-8-1-1-2], and attemping to retrieve new voicemails that are displayed on the main screen [use Listen button].

Seems like there should be a relatively easy way to reprogram the voicemail box access number...thoughts?

Thanks!

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    I have the lg290c. I have always been able to speed dial 1 to the voicemail. Also, I hold down the 1 button and access the voicemail that way as well. Not sure what is going on with your phone.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Don`t know if you have already seen this, but click on the Voicemail Tutorial and then click on "set up Voicemail" (the tutorial is interactive, showing you what you will see with each step):
    http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...m?deviceId=639

Feedback Score
    The only thing that I have hated about Straighttalk's voice mail dailing feature is that they won't let you edit and put in any pause and then add your pin number to have the phone key it in automaticly.
    You have to key it in your self.

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ydkjman View Post
    The only thing that I have hated about Straighttalk's voice mail dailing feature is that they won't let you edit and put in any pause and then add your pin number to have the phone key it in automaticly.
    You have to key it in your self.
    Yes, that's such an enormous chore!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball-II View Post
    Yes, that's such an enormous chore!
    Thanks for pointing that out Cannonball-II Your so right this enormous chore just about kills me every time that I have to key in the extra numbers on my own.

But it's still one thing that you can't do. Has it made me stop using StraightTalk ? No. Do I wish I could do this like every other phone that I've had? Yes.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    would it work if you programmed the voicemail number as your phone number? Can you pause so add the * and then the pin number? I have never done it, but maybe that would work????

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stompoutloud View Post
    would it work if you programmed the voicemail number as your phone number? Can you pause so add the * and then the pin number? I have never done it, but maybe that would work????
    I think I'm getting what your saying. I created an entry with my phone number and 2 p's for the pause so it looks like this
    xxx-xxx-xxxxppxxxx#
    Stored it in location 9 and from now on i will just push 9 send and away it will go.
    Thanks for the idea stompoutloud

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I have the lg290c. I have always been able to speed dial 1 to the voicemail. Also, I hold down the 1 button and access the voicemail that way as well. Not sure what is going on with your phone.
    stompoutloud-
    Thanks for your reply, I was wondering if it was possible to access the voicemail system that way using a StraightTalk LG290C. Did you have to do any fancy programming to assign the voicemail access number to speeddial 1?

The reason I ask is because--shortly after my original post--I received an email from StraightTalk customer service stating that I needed to use *86 to access my voicemails on a CDMA phone (excerpt below):
    Please be informed that we will not be able to reset the voicemail
    number itself. However, we will be able to reset the voicemail box and
    the voicemail password. You will not be able to access your voicemail
    messages by pressing the 1 key. The only way to access your voicemail
    messages is to call *86, since your phone is a CDMA technology phone.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any
    inconvenience you may have experienced with this issue.
    Resetting the voicemail box and password would be of no use to me, since once I am in the voicemail system everything works fine...I just need to figure out how to reprogram the voicemail access number on my phone.

In the grand scheme of things, this is a minor annoyance...it's just that this minor annoyance has an effect on several methods of getting to my voicemail.

Any ideas on how a person would reprogram this phone's voicemail access number?

Thanks again.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I think I'm getting what your saying. I created an entry with my phone number and 2 p's for the pause so it looks like this
    xxx-xxx-xxxxppxxxx#
    Stored it in location 9 and from now on i will just push 9 send and away it will go.
    If you want to save an extra keypress, you can just press and hold 9 for a couple of seconds...it should be the same as pressing 9 then pressing Send.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ensignr8 View Post
    If you want to save an extra keypress, you can just press and hold 9 for a couple of seconds...it should be the same as pressing 9 then pressing Send.
    Thats a good point as well. Either way its still nice to have been able to make this work.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    xxx-xxx-xxxxppxxxx#

Hey glad it worked for you! I'll now program it into my phone!

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ensignr8 View Post
    stompoutloud-
    Thanks for your reply, I was wondering if it was possible to access the voicemail system that way using a StraightTalk LG290C. Did you have to do any fancy programming to assign the voicemail access number to speeddial 1?

The reason I ask is because--shortly after my original post--I received an email from StraightTalk customer service stating that I needed to use *86 to access my voicemails on a CDMA phone (excerpt below):

Resetting the voicemail box and password would be of no use to me, since once I am in the voicemail system everything works fine...I just need to figure out how to reprogram the voicemail access number on my phone.

In the grand scheme of things, this is a minor annoyance...it's just that this minor annoyance has an effect on several methods of getting to my voicemail.

Any ideas on how a person would reprogram this phone's voicemail access number?

Thanks again.
    Hey man, I am not sure what to do on your phone situation. I never had a problem setting up the voicemail. The only other thing I can think of is to do that reset. I forgot what it was.. but it's in one of these threads.. something with *778 or something like that? If anyone else remembers that code, let this guy know. It resets the entire phone and downloads any firmware it has. Good luck on that.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    ...The only other thing I can think of is to do that reset. I forgot what it was.. but it's in one of these threads.. something with *778 or something like that? If anyone else remembers that code, let this guy know. It resets the entire phone and downloads any firmware it has. Good luck on that.
    Does *22890 sound right? I tried this...at the end of the call the recording says the phone has been programmed successfully and automatically resets, but doesn't affect the programmed number for speed dial 1. Oh well...it was worth a try.

Thanks for your help.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    that's it. Thanks for reminding me. Yeah, I guess that's all I remember what to do. Sorry, hope something else comes from it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast