Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unable to Use Speed Dial #1 for Voicemail on LG 290C

Carriers
    ST
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ensignr8 View Post
    stompoutloud-
    Thanks for your reply, I was wondering if it was possible to access the voicemail system that way using a StraightTalk LG290C. Did you have to do any fancy programming to assign the voicemail access number to speeddial 1?

The reason I ask is because--shortly after my original post--I received an email from StraightTalk customer service stating that I needed to use *86 to access my voicemails on a CDMA phone (excerpt below):

Resetting the voicemail box and password would be of no use to me, since once I am in the voicemail system everything works fine...I just need to figure out how to reprogram the voicemail access number on my phone.

In the grand scheme of things, this is a minor annoyance...it's just that this minor annoyance has an effect on several methods of getting to my voicemail.

Any ideas on how a person would reprogram this phone's voicemail access number?

Thanks again.
    The #1 key is locked down. However, on my lg290c I went to the speed dial menu (under the contacts menu) and Programmed the VM string as:
    *86pppxxxxx (xxxxx is your pw). Now when I want VM, I just dial 99 and hold the last 9 key and it puts me into VM and supplies my pw. Hope that helps.

Phone
    HTC Desire
    Carriers
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    It won't help you add pauses, but I was able to finally change my voicemail # on my 290C by spending a half hour on the phone with CS. I'm not sure if it was anything they actually did (since they 'reset my voicemail' about 4 times before it worked), but the last thing I did on the phone itself was reset system defaults (Settings->Security->Reset Defaults) and the re-program (*22890). After the reboot, the voicemail number was finally correct. Resetting the system defaults did not appear to erase my contacts or messages, but YMMV on that.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    resetting the system defaults and the reprogram (*22890) only seems to reset my bookmarks and browser configurations on my mobile web portion. But like the other guy said.. ymmv

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

[solved]

Quote Originally Posted by digimuzik View Post
    It won't help you add pauses, but I was able to finally change my voicemail # on my 290C by spending a half hour on the phone with CS. I'm not sure if it was anything they actually did (since they 'reset my voicemail' about 4 times before it worked), but the last thing I did on the phone itself was reset system defaults (Settings->Security->Reset Defaults) and the re-program (*22890). After the reboot, the voicemail number was finally correct. Resetting the system defaults did not appear to erase my contacts or messages, but YMMV on that.
    That's it! I reset the defaults according to your recommendations (Settings->Security->Reset Defaults) and then used *22890 to reprogram the phone.

Now the voicemail access number shows up correctly, and I can use the '1' speeddial to retrieve messages (plus several other features that require this to be set correctly).

Of course, all the phone settings were reset...but that can be fixed fairly easily. Thanks much for your help with this!

Feedback Score
    I have the same trouble with my Straight Talk LG 290c. Someone said:

That's it! I reset the defaults according to your recommendations (Settings->Security->Reset Defaults) and then used *22890 to reprogram the phone.

But if I go to Settings, then Security, it only asks for a Lock Code. This isn't where I need to add *22890, is it? I didn't see a reset defaults....

Thanks to all.

Feedback Score
    How do I type the PPP for pause in the number field? I can only type numbers and # or * in my fields.
    Am I thick, or old?

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    when you input the number, there should be an "options" that you can pull up to activate a pause to it. hope that helps.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zhongguoDave View Post
    I have the same trouble with my Straight Talk LG 290c. Someone said:

But if I go to Settings, then Security, it only asks for a Lock Code. This isn't where I need to add *22890, is it? I didn't see a reset defaults....

Thanks to all.
    Under Settings->Security the default lock code is usually the last four digits of your phone number (unless it has been changed). After entering this code, the Security menu will be unlocked and you can choose to Reset Defaults.

The *22890 code is entered at the main screen, then press SEND. This will initiate reprogramming your phone.

Good luck!

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    On the dial "1" vs. "*86" issue, I have a friend with a Net10 LG220C, and he has to dial *86 for voicemail.

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Thanks to all.
    Just activated my LG290C today to see if I like it better than my R355C. This method worked perfectly for setting 1 as my voicemail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2