Thread: How does AT&T charge you for the down payment?

Carrier
    T Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

How does AT&T charge you for the down payment?

Thinking about getting the iPhone 4 from AT&Ts website, and I tallied up the costs and got to the cart to where I would pay my bill..but no mention of how much I would have to pay for the security deposit/down payment, even after entering my social security #..

I had someone tell me that they charge you when you go to activate the iPhone via iTunes..but why don't they at least tell you how much their going to charge you before you get the phone shipped to your house?

And if they do, do it this way, how do they bill you for it? In monthly statements with your phone bill or a all-in-one bill?

P.S

Okay, I tried it on Apple.com and it wanted $150 and for me to go to an Apple store..yet there's no Apple stores around here..

Yet on AT&Ts website it didn't say anything about it..

Feedback Score
    Most likely the AT&T site will let you set your order up and pay the subsidized cost of the phone (i.e. 199 or 299 depending on if you want 16 or 32 GB) it will then start to process it and about an hour or so later you will get an email that says processing error and to please call AT&T.

But you may have dodged the down payment with AT&T. You could call AT&T Customer service or roll into a AT&T corp store and find out. This way you can get your phone at the same time

Carrier
    T Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I didn't want to go to the store because I was going to buy a used iPhone 4 and supposedly there is discounts if you buy online. Giving AT&T a call though probably sounds like the best bet, as everybody I have asked so far has no clue.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    As far as how you will be billed for any required deposit ("down payment"), it will be all up front. They won't activate until you pay it.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There are no discounts for the iPhone. The price is the same at an At&t store, Apple store, Best Buy, Radio Shack or online.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Carrier
    ATT Nation Family Talk 1400
    Feedback Score
    You forgot about Premier, and often the slightly discounted used phones they sell as upgrades on the premier site. When I upgraded my wife's line to a 3GS in June the prices were $50 lower on at least two or three of the listed iPhones at that time. I dont' recall which ones were used though. Technical glitch maybe? I don't believe BB was offering the same prices on the same stable of (refurb) phones though.

Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    There are no discounts for the iPhone. The price is the same at an At&t store, Apple store, Best Buy, Radio Shack or online.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Refurbished devices are offered at a slight discount. I personally wouldn't buy one, but to each their own.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

Phones
    IPHONE 4s, 3GS
    IPHONE 4s, IPHONE 3GS,
    Carrier
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    question, i orderd one online last night transfered my number and it said thank you for your order and joing the fastest network,etc........ but called today and checked on my status and they said its still under review?????????????????? so do i got it or not, from the first email it sounds like i do but the rep said its still under review?? anybody know or think whats going on????

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

ebay feedback above

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Carrier
    ATT Nation Family Talk 1400
    Feedback Score
    To each his/her own, I agree 110%.

For what it's worth though, a great deal of the refurbs sold by ATT are merely handsets that have been delivered to business customers but never opened or used. The last two I have received have been pristine to say the least. A lot of customers mistakenly equate 'reburb' necessarily with 'rebuilt' (etc.) and miss out on an otherwise perfectly acceptible device.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy View Post
    Refurbished devices are offered at a slight discount. I personally wouldn't buy one, but to each their own.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaverizon View Post
    question, i orderd one online last night transfered my number and it said thank you for your order and joing the fastest network,etc........ but called today and checked on my status and they said its still under review?????????????????? so do i got it or not, from the first email it sounds like i do but the rep said its still under review?? anybody know or think whats going on????
    You got an automated message last night. However your status is being reviewed. Probably a credit check issue. No one here knows whether you will get it or not. You will have to wait until AT&T tells you for sure.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by damba98 View Post
    To each his/her own, I agree 110%.

For what it's worth though, a great deal of the refurbs sold by ATT are merely handsets that have been delivered to business customers but never opened or used. The last two I have received have been pristine to say the least. A lot of customers mistakenly equate 'reburb' necessarily with 'rebuilt' (etc.) and miss out on an otherwise perfectly acceptible device.
    Shorter warranty. The out of pocket replacement cost is more than I'd like to pay for the savings.

Phones
    IPHONE 4s, 3GS
    IPHONE 4s, IPHONE 3GS,
    Carrier
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy View Post
    Shorter warranty. The out of pocket replacement cost is more than I'd like to pay for the savings.
    i personally never had a iphone go bad on me and i just got the refurb. one so wish me luck!!