Has Mermart chimed in on the porting post Nov 7th issue?
The only thing that Mobilicity is guilty of is confusing, ambiguous messaging. If you could get always get a clear, single answer about what you can and can't do with your F&F plan, things would be a lot simpler.
It's also not clear to me whether or not the word of a store rep or a phone rep actually means anything or not. I couldn't even get two stores to agree on the requirements of the F&F deal. One store insisted on me buying a phone, another was ready to do it SIM-only for free, and yet another was also going to do it SIM-only, but charge me for the SIM.
Who's right? If a Mobilicity rep tells me something and I have a record of it, will it be held up? I have the feeling that this is still uncharted territory.
Mobi has offered what is perhaps the sweetest deal ever seen in Canadian mobile service and we have the choice to accept it or stick with our incumbent carrier. Make an informed choice based upon the offer on the table. Yes, there may be a cost to accept the offer -- $$ ECF. It's your choice. Take it or leave it. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
By trying to 'game' the system, companies are discouraged from making future generous offers as the cost of fulfillment becomes too high.
Last edited by Dickster; 10-29-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling error
Hey I have a few questions for you guys. But this first; I am currently on contract with telus until december 31st. I would like to jump on this deal but I face 2 problems.
1. Im on contract for 2 months
2. New BB Bold 9780 is about to be released; yet I want to wait for AWS version for Mobilicty (I havent heard anything about an AWS one though). And I know if I get the bold 9700, for 400$ and then the 9780 will maybe be released soon for AWS which will make the bold 9700 i just bought drop in price a lot.
I am afraid that if I wait til christmas there will be no $35 unlimited deal re-open for the holiday. So Im considering buying now and have 2 phones for 2 months. If I do that then I face the blackberry dilemma and then I lose my number from telus right? Or is it possible to port that over after the contact expires and keep the $35 unlimited deal.
Also does the $100 credit on phone expire Oct 31 or Nov 7 or 9 when the deal for the F&F expires
EDIT: I just thought of possibly doing this
Port my number on the 31st (the last day for 100$ credit right? My plan with telus ends on the 31st of december, that means thats 2 months early right? (not 3) So what would the early cancellation fee for 2 months be? If its $100 then the activation credit would negate that and basically I would be left buying the phone. Or would telus consider that 3 months.
I also have 4 lines on teh telus account and if I ported this number I would only be charged ECF for the one phone right?
You know what, I have nothing but respect for Mobilicity for running a deal like this for as long as they have, and the fact is that I'm going to sit on this $35 plan as long as I can -- whether they let me port-in or not; it's not a deal-breaker by any stretch. (Although of course I'd rather they let me do it -- it's not like it costs them anything!).
I don't want you to turn my 'I can't trust what the reps tell me' into 'I'm not being grateful for this deal'. To me, these are separate things.
I learned the lesson first with Bell, then again with Fido that if anyone tells you anything on the phone, it still doesn't mean anything unless you call back 10 more times and weigh the odds. For example, if you call ten times and you get 7 'yes' answers and 3 'no' answers, it's probably true. If you get 4 'yes' and 6 'no', it's probably false.
What I really want is a provider that doesn't play these games, and where it's enough to call in ONCE, and to be able to have the faith that what you were told is what you will get. From where I stand, THAT is worth paying for.
I would suggest you buy one of the $99 phones (and get the $100 credit) to tide you over until the BB9780 comes out. I know Wind is getting it, not sure if Mobi is but you could unlock the Wind one and use on Mobi..
There are rumours that you cannot port to the F+F plan after Nov.7 not sure if it's true. If it's worth the ECF to keep your number consider that (including the fact that you will be [aying for 2 phones for 2 months otherwise) or take your chances of losing your number or F+F plan.
The $100 credit expires Oct.31 unless they extend it but that's a crapshoot.
Finally - E73 on....Mobilicity!
For the last year I was telling my friends not to sign contracts.
They did not listen because they wanted a free new phone.
Now they regret it.
I've asked numorous corporate store staffs, dealers, and SCRs.
Don't count on dealers too much when you ask these kinds of "insider (well, officially)" things.
At least I am 99% sure about the following:
1. Do you need to buy a brand new phone? NO. Dealers may say yes.
2. Do you need to buy a brand new SIM card? NO. Dealers and some corp. store staffs may say yes. If a corp. store staff says so, ask him to check with a senior staff or senior sales assistant. I went to one corporate store, the sales rep initially said I should buy a new one. Later another sales rep (looked like he was a senior) said they'd take care of it because I'm already with Mobilicity.
3. Can you port in your number after the promotion is over? NO.
4. Can current Mobilicity subscribers keep their number and take this F&F plan? NO. The only way is to port your number to Rogers/Telus/Bell pre-paid card, then port it back again to Mobilicity after a few days, opening a brand new account.
5. Can I take this F&F plan and still have the recurring credits or family plan credits? NO.
6. Can I have $100 credit if I buy a brand new phone and activate? YES, but the $100 credit promotion ends on October 31st.
Again, don't count on me, these are just the information I believe to be correct, after asking many many different people.
The plans are LOCKED after the 7th. Call CS and ask... or e-mail. You'll get the same response: no changes [no port-ins or adds] after the 7th.
I was told one thing on Sunday by a CS Rep (and even in an e-mail) to be told the opposite two days later. The bottom line is that they can make changes so your conversation, even if recorded, won't help you.(7) Mobilicity may make changes to the Discount or the program without notice to you.