Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MMS on iPhone for H2O

Feedback Score

MMS on iPhone for H2O

I have installed the config file listed in the HOW TO thread, but I still cannot get MMS to work. Does the iPhone have to be unlocked for the MMS feature to work?

Phones
    Droid MAXX
    Droid MAXX
    Carrier
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    Yes the config file does not support MMS, you will need to be jailbroken and use another app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beet View Post
    Yes the config file does not support MMS, you will need to be jailbroken and use another app
    can you please help what app do i need to download to make mms work on iphone 3g,3gs & 4g with h20 wireless?

thank you.

Phones
    Droid Does
    Samsung Charge
    other androids
    Carrier
    Verizon of course
    Feedback Score
    well you need to be able to edit the "cellular data network" settings under settings-network. Usually this is done after the unlock is completed but i am sitting here with 5 iphones all jailbroken/unlocked and i still dont have the edit option. Also ultrasn0w is whacked with the 05.14.02 update and 4.1 so hopefully the 4.2 update will hit in the next week or two and the unlock for it will be better. (also edited the carrier.plist to allow edge and still no go)

Phones
    Droid Does
    Samsung Charge
    other androids
    Carrier
    Verizon of course
    Feedback Score
    ok for data you have to install a mobileconfig file (phone does not have to be jailbroken)
    for mms you have to jailbreak and install supreme preferences to get the cellular data network edit option.
    Instructions here
    MMS and Data on H2O

Feedback Score
    To get data and MMS to work on the iphone try this:
    1. Connect the iPhone to the Internet through a WiFi.
    2. Use the iPhone to connect to this website: http://www.unlockit.co.nz
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen: for APN type ATT.MVN and leave the user id and password blank.
    4. Perform the custom download and follow (and agree) the rest of instructions.
    This procedure worked for many people.
    Good luck

Phones
    Droid Does
    Samsung Charge
    other androids
    Carrier
    Verizon of course
    Feedback Score
    Hey SIMSGUY....your "custom" apn file contains the same info as the one i listed (only yours contains a webclip to your website and mine contains a webclip for cnn news)....either way it has nothing to do with MMS...
    thanks anyways though.

Feedback Score
    My H2O carrier told me a week ago that they were introducing an app in about 2 weeks to allow mms on the iphones. He also said that the reason mine wouldn't work is that H2O doesn't support mms right now, and you need the app for it. Anyway, hope he's right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carol12 View Post
    My H2O carrier told me a week ago that they were introducing an app in about 2 weeks to allow mms on the iphones. He also said that the reason mine wouldn't work is that H2O doesn't support mms right now, and you need the app for it. Anyway, hope he's right.
    HI carol12, I join this forum to be able to replay to your post. Do you know if h2o already introduce the app/fix for the MMS problem with the iPhone? BTW , I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 that working fine with the h20 network and even getting 3g internet but I cant figure how to configure the MMS (H2O Costumer service is sucks )

Thanks for any info. lot of knowledge on this board, I learned allot from you guys and i hope to be able to contribute too in the future.

Amir

BTW
    With the factory unlock iphone I don't use cydia !!!
    Last edited by amirravon; 09-10-2011 at 07:08 AM. Reason: add info

Feedback Score
    No, there is no app for H2O MMS. I've checked every week or so, and so far, have found nothing to support this feature. Am considering changing to AT&T just so that I can have the MMS on my phone.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Here is the soulution, if you have iPhone, you need to have Cydia installed first, click on Cydia, go to manage, then click on Sources, in the top right corner click Edit and then ADD is in the top left corner, click it, a window will pop up, type ( cydia.xsellize.com ) and hit add source another window will pop up with warning just hit add Anyway, wait until instalation is completed, if you are on WiFi is not going to take more than 1 minute, go to setting, General, Network, Cellular Data Network and change cellular data APN to att.mvno and MMS to att.mvno and you are done, now you can use your MMS and data with out any problem, this support older iPhone models including iPhone 4 up to 4.3.3 for now, if you have higher version wait until jailbreak come out soon, good luck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kareemissa View Post
    Here is the soulution, if you have iPhone, you need to have Cydia installed first, click on Cydia, go to manage, then click on Sources, in the top right corner click Edit and then ADD is in the top left corner, click it, a window will pop up, type ( cydia.xsellize.com ) and hit add source another window will pop up with warning just hit add Anyway, wait until instalation is completed, if you are on WiFi is not going to take more than 1 minute, go to setting, General, Network, Cellular Data Network and change cellular data APN to att.mvno and MMS to att.mvno and you are done, now you can use your MMS and data with out any problem, this support older iPhone models including iPhone 4 up to 4.3.3 for now, if you have higher version wait until jailbreak come out soon, good luck

Thanks you guys , Look like I need to install jailbreak on my Factory unlocked Iphone...

Feedback Score
    I did all this on my phone a while back, it doesn't work, no 'cellular date network' option ever shows up. But you can try it, maybe it will work for someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by kareemissa View Post

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carol12 View Post
    No, there is no app for H2O MMS. I've checked every week or so, and so far, have found nothing to support this feature. Am considering changing to AT&T just so that I can have the MMS on my phone.
    Don't spend time on apps that will never work,,spend only $4.99 to download this 2 apps TetherMe and TetherMe APN Editing from cydia,,just click search and type TetherMe pay and install it,,after you are finished now go to cydia again and click search type TetherMe APN Editing install it and you are going to have mms,,web and you also will be able to tether internet from your iphone 3g,3gs,4g any baseband any version 100% tested to work i have done this to hundreds of iphones and that is i do to make all my H2O customers happy, especially now with the new $60 unlimited talk/text and web plan.

if any of you have any problem downloading apps just let me know.

Phones
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I agree with you, this is the best APS TetherMe for iPhone even when you turn off and on your phone won't mess the setting, but if you don't want to pay for it, get free from cydia.xsellize.com otherwise is faster way to pay for it

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast