Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is the status of Kyocera Loft hacking?

Phone
    Motorola Triumph
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

What is the status of Kyocera Loft hacking?

What is the status of hacking the Kyocera loft? Has anyone gotten it to work with bitpim? I can send files to the phone over bluetooth using the mac's bluetooth file exchange app but no matter what type of file I send to the phone it always says unsupported file type. So I think the sending of files is possible but its locked in a way. Also has anyone tried connecting this phone to a computer with the a micro USB cable? Thanks!

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm thinking it's mostly hopeless. The Micro USB cable seems to be for nothing besides charging, there's no file transfer there. Otherwise the phone seems locked and impaired in just about any way possible. If there was an SD card, there might be hope, but unfortunately the Loft is more locked-down than its less-popular cousin, the X-tc.

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    this is not true. How else does the phone get programed but from the micro usb? Aliens????? Lol haha... Download opera mini five. Then download away. Very simple to install this. Virgin mobile has not blocked opera five .

Phone
    Motorola Triumph
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattred View Post
    this is not true. How else does the phone get programed but from the micro usb? Aliens????? Lol haha... Download opera mini five. Then download away. Very simple to install this. Virgin mobile has not blocked opera five .
    I just discovered yesterday that I could download wallpapers and mp3 ringtones with opera mini 5. Is there any way I can download java games and apps with Opera Mini 5? Is there anything else I can download with opera mini 5 besides wallpaper and ringtones?

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    ##virgin# is 1. I did some rtn crap but was just more details on the phone like total data usage and misc. Of you press 1 six times then options then service you will see hidden menus. Debug code is 000000 i cannot access programming yet from here. But if i do ##virgin# then im in programming... Is that a diffrent one??? Idk. Mabey friday i will try to get in....

Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sega dude View Post
    I just discovered yesterday that I could download wallpapers and mp3 ringtones with opera mini 5. Is there any way I can download java games and apps with Opera Mini 5? Is there anything else I can download with opera mini 5 besides wallpaper and ringtones?
    How in the world did you save content from the web on your Loft? Even if I browse to it with Opera Mini, it opens in the native browser and I can't save it.

Phone
    Nexus 4 8GB
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    How in the world did you save content from the web on your Loft? Even if I browse to it with Opera Mini, it opens in the native browser and I can't save it.
    That's exactly what Im looking at, I can't even get Opera 5 to download yet. I go to the link and one thing tells me i have a "LG rumor 2" which is wrong, then i go to the direct download link.. it asks me to "download" or such and im sent to the regular browser with a "Access Denied" message.

I will try the latest way someone said through this youtube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnKGdy2pCgQ
    they make it seem to simple.. but i'll give it a try and post back.

--- EDIT

So Far So Good Heres what I did.

I sent myself an email (Gmail) with the link "http://mini.opera.com/download-5/opera-mini-latest-advanced-en.jad?no_redir&ismobile=false"
    I checked the email on my phone using 'Email + IM' on the Loft, Logged in to email checked that one and "clicked" the link.
    No Surprise it sent me to the default download browser. I thought i was gonna get an "Access Denied" message but I did not..
    I got a "You're trying to install a new version of an app in your phone (Or similar) .. You say yes to that.. and it installs.

Gonna test it now.. I'll let you know.

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    to get opera mini five u need to use the openwave browser then look for the mobile version. There will be multiple versions here. Dont get blackberrys version or any other. Access denied should not come up this way. If it does you might be chosing the wrong one. I have .gif videos tons of song and im actually out of room lol. I should also have .jar .jad files working soon i hope. Use easycdma. Get kyocera drivers. I have seen someone access the file system of the kyocera loft. When im done i will post a detailed guide.

Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    m.opera.com go there..This is from the site itself Opera for Mobile Devices - Download
    Download Opera Mini 5.1 (English (USA))
    Download in another language.
    Other download options
    For more information, visit www.opera.com/mobile/
    with your desktop browser m.opera.com gave me this. I got this using opera mini five point one. Use the openwave browser

Feedback Score

It worked

Quote Originally Posted by ja5219 View Post
    That's exactly what Im looking at, I can't even get Opera 5 to download yet. I go to the link and one thing tells me i have a "LG rumor 2" which is wrong, then i go to the direct download link.. it asks me to "download" or such and im sent to the regular browser with a "Access Denied" message.

I will try the latest way someone said through this youtube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnKGdy2pCgQ
    they make it seem to simple.. but i'll give it a try and post back.

--- EDIT

So Far So Good Heres what I did.

I sent myself an email (Gmail) with the link "http://mini.opera.com/download-5/opera-mini-latest-advanced-en.jad?no_redir&ismobile=false"
    I checked the email on my phone using 'Email + IM' on the Loft, Logged in to email checked that one and "clicked" the link.
    No Surprise it sent me to the default download browser. I thought i was gonna get an "Access Denied" message but I did not..
    I got a "You're trying to install a new version of an app in your phone (Or similar) .. You say yes to that.. and it installs.

Gonna test it now.. I'll let you know.
    It worked perfectly...Thanx.

Feedback Score
    Hi everyone, I just thought I would share this link on how to get your SPC (MSL) code and unlock the usb port. I've tried it on my Kyocera Loft, and it works! Here is the link: http://andarazoroflove.org/?p=244

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Brown View Post
    Hi everyone, I just thought I would share this link on how to get your SPC (MSL) code and unlock the usb port. I've tried it on my Kyocera Loft, and it works! Here is the link: http://andarazoroflove.org/?p=244
    Once I have that SPC (MSL) code, what do I do with it?

Feedback Score
    It lets you enable the usb port by either entering ##PORT# (##7678#), or by entering 111111, options, then service, programming, then the security code it asks for is the SPC (MSL) code.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Brown View Post
    It lets you enable the usb port by either entering ##PORT# (##7678#), or by entering 111111, options, then service, programming, then the security code it asks for is the SPC (MSL) code.
    Even with data port open, my PC won't recognize it. I've tried EasyCDMA and BitPim. They don't detect the phone.

Feedback Score

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast