Thread: Changing outbound caller ID?

Phone
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Question Changing outbound caller ID?

I'm getting a PBX, and want to have one number visible to anyone, whether I call from my cell or my landline. Is it even technically possible for Fido to change the outbound caller ID on my line?

I know that generally speaking, the technology permits such things. It's easily done on VOIP lines, you can pretty much set the caller ID to anything you want. Just not sure if Fido has this in their interface.

Can a Fido rep pitch in please?

Thank you!

Carriers
    Fido (Snoopy's Dog House)
    Feedback Score
    Nope.

Here's a suggestion though, set the outgoing caller id on your PBX to your cellphone number though.
    My Feedback
    I put the "Ho" back in "HOFO"

Phone
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
    Here's a suggestion though, set the outgoing caller id on your PBX to your cellphone number though.
    But then inbound calls will come to the cellphone. The point of having PBX is being able to control the call flow.

Feedback Score
    Get call forwarding and disable VM on your Fido number and enable no answer transfer to your PBX line.
    Fido Retention Unlimited 50 North America Calling + Text Messaging
    6GB Tethered BIS Data
    Value Pack: Caller ID - Name Display - Who called - Voicemail

80$ a month + taxes

Phone
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I'm mostly interested in "follow me" feature, where it rings both, landline and cellphone number, and also softphone if I'm at the computer.

Carriers
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    We do this with our PBX as well (ahh the power of Asterisk...). Fido won't change your outbound CID. We recommend hiding your cell phone caller ID. If you really need to have a phone number show up on CID, then call out from your cell via your PBX (either analog lines or get a SIP client for your phone and turn it into a VoIP extension).

Phone
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snubolis View Post
    We do this with our PBX as well (ahh the power of Asterisk...). Fido won't change your outbound CID. We recommend hiding your cell phone caller ID. If you really need to have a phone number show up on CID, then call out from your cell via your PBX (either analog lines or get a SIP client for your phone and turn it into a VoIP extension).
    Yes, that was my last resort option. Thank you for your input

Btw who do you use for trunking in Canada, if you don't mind me asking. I need a good quality signal. Tried a few, always some kind of hissing or droppage. My connection is very good, so I know it's not that.

Phones
    Nokia E63
    Moto KRZR
    Samsung A436
    Carrier
    Fidogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by molten_tar View Post
    Btw who do you use for trunking in Canada, if you don't mind me asking. I need a good quality signal. Tried a few, always some kind of hissing or droppage. My connection is very good, so I know it's not that.
    Personally I use Voip.ms (for the past year) and haven't had any quality issues for calls terminating withing canada and the US. Advantage of using Voip.ms is you don't need your own PBX anymore