Thread: Connecting LG230 "Simple Flip" to My Computer

Phones
    LG 230 "Simple Flip"
    LG 230 "Simple Flip"
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Connecting LG230 "Simple Flip" to My Computer

I just grabbed an LG230 "Simple Flip" phone from Virgin Mobile. I want to connect the thing to my computer, so I snagged a micro USB cable and hooked it up. I connect it but it doesn't really do anything, and I even tried some software from LG's website, but all the software seems to be able to do is update the phone's firmware, and it is already the latest version.

What gives? I want to be able to move pictures to and from the phone. Should be pretty simple, or so I thought... I am running Windows 7 if that matters.

Also, there's an entry for #TAXI in my contact list that I can't edit or delete. Any way to get rid of this?

Thanks for your help. =)

Phones
    iPhone 4 /w Discovery 640
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Samsung a920 (retired)
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    Feedback Score
    Most feature phones do not support syncing with a PC, in my experience. Usually the only sanctioned* way is to save photos, etc. to a microSD card and then insert the microSD card into a PC card reader - HOWEVER, if the phone only has onboard memory like the LG Flip, Samsung M230 and pretty much any $50 phone out there, you are stuck. Only way to transfer files is to email it to yourself via the phone's Web/Internet function - and that means WAP data charges will apply.

(*I'm aware there is a way via Samsung phones via hacks like QPST, but don't know about LG)

As you have discovered, feature phones typically will interface to a computer only for diagnostic or maintenance functions, like emergency software upgrade. Sorry!
    Silentblue.net - Fat free and dolphin safe

Feedback Score
    quanta! Thats not entirely true, I have the same phone as voodoo, a crappy Lg 230 flip, even without a data plan, I was able to send and receive mp3s and pics from certain phones Via bluetooth, I was even able to transfer files from Vista to my phone(Converted .MP3's and Pictures) Even tho Celluarsouth claims object push with bluetooth is only for pics and addresses only. I haven't tried data cable yet, and I'm having trouble establishing a bluetooth connection on my bros hp pavillion(2009 Model) with windows 7. I think I might have to go install drivers for this phone on my brothers computer, that's what microsoft suggested. Other then that I would say for this crappy phone the best way would be bluetooth, because WAP on this model is very very limited, It tells me Java is supported, but alot of websites claim my java is off. It is a big pain to setup blue tooth on this phone to another computer, but do it right once and it'll be easy every time afterwards But other then that Data Cables and using SD cards are normally the easiest way.

Feedback Score
    How?? Any tips to get this to work?

Feedback Score
    yeah, what h5ft said, we both need to know how to upload pics & music to our lg230 flip phone, not everyone can buy a friggin' I-phone or whatever )

Feedback Score
    bit pim allowed me to recover contacts and pics from the lg 230... though the model wasn't listed i tried a few lg models till one showed file system... then searched and found the contacts... bit pim and the 230 worked well

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by javafunk View Post
    bit pim allowed me to recover contacts and pics from the lg 230... though the model wasn't listed i tried a few lg models till one showed file system... then searched and found the contacts... bit pim and the 230 worked well
    Man, I just saw these at my local grocery store for $12.50... CDMA so I passed..

$12.50 no joke!