Thread: How do I cancel Koodo plan? (Canada)

Feedback Score

Thumbs down How do I cancel Koodo plan? (Canada)

Hi guys,

I want to leave my month-by-month Koodo plan.

I have searched and searched through Self-Serve but cannot find the answer!

My phone is dead - crappy thing lasted 3 months and I am just done with Koodo.

I'm scared to phone their "free-phone" number as I know it's $25 fee for asking a question.

If anyone knows how to do this, it would be great to hear!

Thanks so much,

Sarah

PS I realise I will have to pay off my tab (cost of the phone). In the Contract, it states:

If you terminate your service, you much pay (as liquidated damages and not as penalty) a cancellation charge of $1 for each credit of negative balance in your Koodo tab.

What the hell does this mean!?!

Metro Vancouver{Surrey BC} (Desi/Apna Town)
    Carriers
    (Bell HSDPA&EVDO onPostPaid&PrePaid)
    [Telus Pre-Paid CDMA on 1x(Best Prepaid option in market)]
    Feedback Score
    I just means, what ever negative $ amount that is left for your Tab it needs to be paid. In order to cancel your service you have to call in, there is no $25 charge for the call if you are calling in to cancel
    My Month to Month Bell Plan on HSPA/EVDO
    15000 Outgoing Seconds a Month(250Min), Unlimited Incoming Calls, Unlimited eve&weekend 6pmto8am,Unlimited Text From Canada to Canada&USA Incld LandLine, Unlimited FWDing, Enhanced Voice Mail, Caller ID, Conference Calling/Call Waiting, If I go over my 15000 Seconds (Extra seconds are 2.5c for every 15 seconds)=10c a Min, Canadian LD 2c for every 15 Seconds=8c a min, USA LD = 3.5c for every 15 Seconds=15c a min,
    $22 a month + BC Taxes @ 12%

Carriers
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    In addition to what was already said, i'll break it down to make it a bit more easier for you,
    Lets say you took a Blackberry 8530, Used up your full tab so your now -150. You've had the phone for 3 months and it's broke and your on the stay social 40 plan. That means you've only had 12 dollars towards your tab, so the amount that you would need to pay off when you terminate service is 138.00. You would pay that amount plus any charges on the account, usually for the current bill plus one final after that if you dont give 30 days notice.
    Hope this helps
    TELUS /Koodo Super Moderator
    Lounge Super Moderator

Feedback Score
    i would also like to know how to cancel with koodoo

i just paid my bill via internet for $40+ that was due by the 27th... and i don't want to pay them anymore at all!!

do i just call them and cancel?

will i have to pay more? like for another cycle or something,,, even if i don't want/use the phone?

p.s. if anyone wants to work a deal with $60+ koodoo dollars on my tab let me know haha

Feedback Score
    Hi guys,

Well, I think I've managed to cancel my Koodo contract. I called them and stood my ground that I was going to cancel their service.

Of course, I got stung for a paying for a whole extra billing cycle (I expected this).

They suggested, then demanded, that I give them a name of a friend or colleague to guarantee my bill payment. I told them I indeed had no friends and was leaving the country.

This conversation (going between departments) took a total of 25 minutes. In no way was I left feeling that Koodo is an easy option for people who don't want the commitment of a regular contract. I felt I had to argue my case to "allow" them to cease my service. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

That's the last cellphone I buy. I had my first Motorola in 1991, but I can do without this!

Sarah