Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can I charge my Net10 phone with $50 unlimited card?

Feedback Score

Can I charge my Net10 phone with $50 unlimited card?

Net10 is now offering $50 for unlimited service per month... I have a standard Net10 phone that I've been adding minutes with 300 minute cards... When it runs out, can I use a $50 unlimited card?

Feedback Score
    You should be able to. No one has actually tried it out here yet though afaik. Call Tracfone Executive Resolutions or Elston the Tracfone super rep to see if it is before risking it.

Feedback Score
    Yes, you can.

Phone
    LG600 - THE BEST!
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    You sure can! I have done it myself!

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks JDW for the confirmation. Actually, hundreds of forum members thank you.

Phone
    LG600 - THE BEST!
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    You're very welcome.

I love the new plans, and the fact that I can use my old phone makes this deal so much sweeter!

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I just wanted to point out that you will lose all existing minutes and days of service when you add an "unlimited" card. Your unlimited minutes are only good for 30 days, at which point you need to buy a new card.

From NET10:
    "When you add one of the new plans, the “clock” starts and you have 30 Days of Service with NO carryover of unused Minutes or Days of Service. If you already have NET10 Minutes and Days of Service on your phone and add a new plan, your existing Minutes and Days of Service are erased, and the new plan goes into effect."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    I just wanted to point out that you will lose all existing minutes and days of service when you add an "unlimited" card. Your unlimited minutes are only good for 30 days, at which point you need to buy a new card.

From NET10:
    "When you add one of the new plans, the “clock” starts and you have 30 Days of Service with NO carryover of unused Minutes or Days of Service. If you already have NET10 Minutes and Days of Service on your phone and add a new plan, your existing Minutes and Days of Service are erased, and the new plan goes into effect."
    Yeah, but Net10 unlimited Version 3.0 is like Net10 Unlimited V. 1.0. ANY Net10 phone that's gsm (and maybe cdma) can be used with the cards, not just the miserly selection that Target was allowing when they were squeezing the phone choices when N10 Unltd was an exclusive. Now that Radio Shack, Kmart and others have N10 U, it makes a lot more sense for them to unrestrict the phone choices and allow a byod of sorts with N10 phones of all sorts.

I think this GREATLY enhances the value of old used N10 phones laying around. Order a new sim or reactivate if cdma , put in a 750/unltd card and you have a useful phone.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It appears if you purchase a Net10 phone that does not say you will receive the 300m/60d upon activation, then you will be unable to activate the phone until you purchase an airtime card. Also no one has indicated Net10 has copied Tracfone by providing free minutes and days of service when the phone is activated.

Anyone have an experience they would care to share?

Carrier
    NET10/TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    It appears if you purchase a Net10 phone that does not say you will receive the 300m/60d upon activation, then you will be unable to activate the phone until you purchase an airtime card. Also no one has indicated Net10 has copied Tracfone by providing free minutes and days of service when the phone is activated.

Anyone have an experience they would care to share?
    10/20 min - 60 days
    see: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...et10-Moto-w408

Feedback Score
    Basically the same starter minutes that Tracfones come with.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you immediately add one of the 30 day airtime cards do you then loose both the 10/20M and 60D (easy come - easy go) ?

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Nokia Lumia 635 :: LG Optimus F3 :: Nokia Lumia 521 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 ::
    :: Nokia Lumia 521 ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for posting this, I missed the original post before.

That will be a good enough trial of the phone and having the 20 minutes and 60 days will be great until I want to add my 750 minute card. I have one T~Mobile account that will expire after October 30 and want to try and port that number to this phone because I have not had any problems with wrong numbers or texts from people I don't know on this one.
    After I heard about the new T~Mobile Prepaid Plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    If you immediately add one of the 30 day airtime cards do you then loose both the 10/20M and 60D (easy come - easy go) ?
    Yes. I would suggest using up the minutes before you add the card. Even if it is only a day, I'd rather get 31 days for the same price as 30.

Phones
    N/A
    Droid 2 Global
    LG VX9800 "The V" (backup)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if/how much of a grace period they have on the 30 days? I mean, I know the phone would quit at that mark, but are they going to potentially give away the phone number at day 31, or would there be a little time to get another card loaded and reactivate the phone?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast