Thread: Nokia X3 - 02 has blank screen and keeps flashing

Feedback Score

Nokia X3 - 02 has blank screen and keeps flashing

Any help here would be appreciated.

I plugged my phone in to charge it and waited a few minutes and switched it on. When I did a white screen appeared and the phone started to flash. I have taken the battery out and put it back in again but it still flashes.

I dont know if there is anything I can do here but would like to ask before I take it in somewhere to get it repaired.

Would it be possible to do a "hard reset" on this phone and if so how do I do it?

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Boobaj; 10-09-2010 at 07:58 AM.

Feedback Score
    well i am using nokia x3 for past a year now but i never experienced anything like this one

Feedback Score

X3-02 Touch and Type white screen flashes

I have the similar problem with my brand new Nokia X3-02 Touch and type phone. The phone is brand new and just 3 days old and i am facing problem with.
    The problem with the phone is that i cannot make it turn on. When ever i press the power button , the phone will keep on flashing blank white screen for some time and then becomes off. I tried removing battery for some hours and then again switching it on but no success. I even charged the battery for the whole night and then tried to switch it on but still the phone will just keep on flashing blank white screen. Some body please help me to fix on this issue. Can nokia fix this problem? Is it a hardware or a software related issue?

Thanks to all in adcvance,
    Harry Brettell

Feedback Score
    The hard reset code is *#7370#, just enter those in standby screen mode. But keep in mind that this procedure erases all data so make sure you back up all important files before you begin. If you don't feel confident in doing this alone you may try calling Nokia customer service they may be able to help you.

Feedback Score

Nokia X3-02 flashing

I took my phone to someone in Toronto that is well known for being able to fix phones and he told me that he couldn't fix it and that it has to go back to Nokia but the problem for me is that it came from Singapore. I bought it online from a company in Toronto and after weeks of back and forth with them I returned it and they sent me another phone but not the same one.

I really liked this phone a lot but from what I was told the phone had completely crashed.

Do you still have warranty? I really feel that you should send this phone back if you can because it sounds like it has crashed like mine did.

Feedback Score
    Harry

Dont keep it even if it eventually starts to work. Mine worked for three days because I kept it switched on but then again started flashing.

Phones
    Mainly my Nokia e90 but I'll also use the 6700 slide on weekends.
    Nokia e90
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    Netcom
    Feedback Score
    I've had this problem before as well in quite a few Nokia phones. Sometimes it helps if you press the "hang-up" button repeatedly. But I'd say it's just a Nokia fault. I've experienced this on a few cheap Nokia phones as well as the more expensive models.

Feedback Score
    Boobaj,

What was the solution provided to you by Nokia? Did they give you a replacement Handset or did they repair it? Also had they brief you about the problem and reason why the screen keeps on blinking, whether the problem persisted with the software of the phone or it was a hardware problem in the phone. Unfortunately i dont have the purchase invoice of this phone with me since i had got it through a freind in Singapore as it is yet to launch in My country. Do you think Nokia will repair my phone without pruchase invoice. And do i have to wait till its launch here or i can take it them for repair right away? Please advice.

Thanks to all in advance,
    Harry Brettell

Feedback Score
    Harry

Well unfortunately Nokia didn't do anything in Canada because the phone was from Singapore. So my only choices were send it to Singapore which didn't seem very logical or try and get the guy to exchange it for me for another model which he did. Nokia told me that they wouldn't even attempt to fix it because it is not a Canadian phone. I took it to so many different people and none of them could fix it. It worked for three days once and I was so happy then it just started flashing again. It's a shame because I really liked the phone.

Hope this helps Harry.

Feedback Score
    I am still trying to figure it out how to turn my X3-03 on, My phone had turned on after 5 months and it worked for week and then again it turned off for some reason, i even showed to a Nokia care and then reninstalled the sodftware and charged me for that since the phone was purchased from other country. But even after doing software reinstall for 3 times even they couldnt fix the problem.

Feedback Score
    Boobaj,

My phone did work for a week after it was for sleep for 5 months. But again the same issue, it keeps n flashing. I took it to a nokia store and they charged me for sofware install as it was purchased from other country but even after getting the software reinstalled in nokia care for 3 times it just didnt work.
    Now i m in a fix about what to do with this phone.

Harry.

Feedback Score
    Dear Friends after months and months of search and visiting Nokia care i have finaly found out the solution for this Blinking white screen on Nokia X3-02. I had bought a brand new Nokia X3-02 from Singapore which unfortunately did not cover the warranty in my country. So i had given the phone in Nokia care for repair and they first said it was a display problem and changing the LCD would resolve it but even after changing the LCD the problem was still there. So then they come up and tell me that the problem is with a Boot IC and changing would resolve it but again same the phone didnt start working. So finaly they said they have to change the thin wire strip in the phone and for that they have to send it to repair factory. I any how had to start this phone so even when they gave me a quotation that was almost 1/3rd the price of the phone i bought for , i was Okay. But i was shocked when they came back and said to me that the phone is beyond repairable. This was the point i decided to show the phone to local repair stores and every one tried out their luck but they could make it start working. So finaly i took matters in my hand, since i am an Electronic Engineer,i decided to open the phone. And guess what guys the solution is very simple. There is a Combo IC in the phone, please see attached images below and instruction on how to re-heat or re-solder the BGA with Hot air. When i used to press the IC with fingers and then turn on the phone it used to work and the moment i let the pressure on IC go the screen would flash and phone would hang. What you all just need to do is its pretty simple, open the phone as in Nokia service manual, i have a Nokia service manual for Nokia X3-02. Open the phone and locate the Combo IC as shown in attached images and just reheat or re-solder it with flux and hot air. Dont over heat the board as its very fragile and delicate. And i bet after re-heating the IC the phone will definately turn on. I had almost lost all the hopes on this phone to again start working and after exactly a year from my purchase the phone has now again started working as it should be with this little hardware trik. Kindly see attached all the instructions and please give ur comments and views if you like it
    Hope it will help to all here.

Harry.

Name:  072420111565.jpg
Views: 10409
Size:  745.8 KBName:  072420111566.jpg
Views: 15422
Size:  536.7 KBName:  072420111569.jpg
Views: 9285
Size:  612.1 KBName:  072420111571.jpg
Views: 10097
Size:  497.4 KBName:  072420111572.jpg
Views: 9045
Size:  473.6 KBName:  072420111575.jpg
Views: 9393
Size:  310.2 KBName:  072420111576.jpg
Views: 8533
Size:  350.0 KBName:  072420111581.jpg
Views: 8135
Size:  427.5 KB

Feedback Score
    Dear Friends,
    Below is the link from which you can download the Nokia Service manual for L1,L2,L3 & L4
    http://www.cpkb.org/wiki/Nokia_X3-02...matic_download

Feedback Score
    I confirm. Same happened to mine, and fixed with the method described by Harry, that is heating with light or air flux the combo IC.
    Works perfectly since then. Thanks Harry.

Here some more pics. (google this link )
    cellphonetricksrepairs.blogspot.pt/2012/01/nokia-x3-02-white-screen-in-blinking.html