Thread: Help flashing Samsung Seek (SPH-M350) from Sprint to MetroPCS

Feedback Score

Help flashing Samsung Seek (SPH-M350) from Sprint to MetroPCS

Hello everyone, thank you for your interest and trying to help me. This is my first venture into flashing a phone so I appreciate your patience.

I purchased a used Sprint Samsung Seek on craigslist a few days ago and did a fair bit of reading on what would be involved in getting it to work on the MetroPCS network. I got CDMA Workshop and did the following:

• Unlocked the phone using the Samsung default password
    • Changed the phone's SPC to 000000
    • Replaced the PRL with a non-EVDO MetroPCS PRL (I have tried this one (03014), this one (01004), and these (list of several))

At this point I am stuck. It is my understanding that after these steps, I should be able to call *228 and hear the Metro operator, but I still only get the Sprint recording that the number I've called is not valid. The phone's info does list the PRL number I'm loading, so I'm sure that is working, and I can access the service menu with ##000000# so I know I've correctly changed the SPC.

I'm trying to do this myself because I haven't got much money (phone seemed a bargain at $60 and I really needed a new one, my current one drops signal and misses calls/texts ALL the time) and I would really appreciate the help. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Feedback Score
    UPDATE:

I've continued my reading and changed several settings on the phone, but I'm still unable to access Metro via *228 to program the phone. Dialing 611 now correctly connects to Metro, and it even recognizes the phone's programming as belonging to my account and automatically tells me my account details without having to ask for my phone number. I also learned that the phone's ESN needed to be on Metro (which I did not know) and had someone from this forum do that for me.

I still have the same issue (though different symptoms now). When I dial *228, the Sprint man's voice comes on and tells me "The number or code you have dialed is incorrect" -- this is progress since before it used to say "welcome to Sprint".

What have I done wrong that the phone correctly connects to Metro when I dial 611, but not when I dial *228?

Thank you!

Feedback Score
    UPDATE:

I finally abandoned hope of getting *228 working and I dialed Metro directly at 1-888-8METRO8 from my own handset (the one I am trying to program is for my wife). I explained the situation to the CSR. He took my model number and DEC MEID and within 5 minutes the phone was working. *228 still does not work but I don't need it to.

If ever anyone comes across this post and sees what I've missed, please do reply with the solution so the phone completely works (even if the solution is that I should have taken it to Metro for them to flash it for me, first).

Now I am going to attempt to get the web working on it. Thank you to anyone who showed interest in wanting to help me.

Feedback Score
    Have you tried programing NAM1 and NAM2 with the MetroPCS PRL. Also, set the Home SID on both NAMs to 6503 (or you local SID) and uncheck the NAM Lock box. You might also have luck dialing *22804 or *22806 instead of just *228.

Unless it had been previously MetroFlashed, normally you would have to get the phone MetroFlashed first for the ESN/MEID to be added to their database. I'm VERY surprised that the CSR would add your ESN.
    Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than trolls in the deep subforums.

Feedback Score

Exclamation Unlock Samsung Seek SPH M-350

Hi

Just bought a samsung seek sph m-350 on boost perpaid network. I will be traveling outside the country and need to unlock it asap. Could anyone please help me do this so that the phone could work on either GSM network (preferable) or CDMA network outside US?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Hello Everybody, I"m probably a little late for this posting, HOwever, I have a Samsung SpH -m350 (seek) from Sprint, And i would like to flash it, (if possible full flashing) to boost mobile.I'm new at flashing cdma phones. However, I did manage to install drivers and connect it to cdma workshop. But twhen I click "read" to read phone info it says phone does not answer. i tried enter test mode via 47*869#1235, and i was able to do the 021 (to change to DM mode) but i got stuck in hfk mode and was not able to change to qcdm etc.. any help appreciated
    THanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    Hello Everybody, I need some help, How I can get the drivers for SPH-M350 I am trying to use this as donor, but I don't have the drivers so! the CDMA can no read the phone, can any body help me with that, I already have the driver for my future phone, but not for this one...... Thank you...
    The one I have is Boost-mobile if any body want to exchange with me is good! I need donor to pass my HTC eve to boos-mobile...