and finally being able to change the MNC portion of the APN (though Im not definite if that was part of the reason for the fix) Anyway, check to make sure your APN settings remain or that the APN doesnt disappear altogether (that was happening to me alot) With CDMA workshop 2.7 when you write the PRL, you can also write the MNC value as well. I was on the latest .596 rooted vzw rom and wasnt getting anywere. I flashed the Metroff file using clockwork but that didnt work either. (I guess again, that it was due to incorrect MNC on the phone) I went to CDMA workshop 2.7 and changed the MNC value to 04. Reflashed phone with Liberty rom. After flashing checked APNs and found all default APNs showing MNC value of 004. I had an APN I made before and simply restored it. Then followed the QPST portion, rebooted the phone and had 1x showing, checked web and I was online. I didnt need to add the proxy settings as the guide mentioned, but I added it anyway just in case. Its all working and Liberty Rom with the toolboox is pretty damn good.
*After doing the QPST Portion and the APN, using autostart.sh or u2nl wasnt needed. MMS just works as it should but take note this was done on liberty rom I cant say for stock. Ill test it later when I have more time.