Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Motorola i1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hello Quasi Evil ... i have pm you... about screen proctector ... i use from the beginning ( october 15th ) without any screen protector = 0 scratch !!!!

Feedback Score
    I finished reading the manual and walked into the Telus store a couple of times to ask some questions. I'm planning on getting the i1 in the next few days. I had an old google account and tried to use it to download free programs from the android market and it won't work. I tried a second time, this time I adding my cell number to the account and it still won't work. I was thinking of creating a g-mail account, I'm not sure of tying it to that account or having no ties at all to the old account. I find all of this very annoying. Any other web site, you just click on the "download" button and it downloads the program to desktop - about 5 seconds of time and it's done. I don't have a wireless router (about another 2 months or so) - so no wi-fi for now.

I'm still looking for a screen protector for this. I can't understand why Telus doesn't have one. I wanted to get the Invisible Shield from Zagg - I went to Future Shop and Best Buy and they didn't carry the one for the i1 (interesting enough Best Buy in the US DOES carry the Invisible Shield for the i1). They both told me to go to Telus and when I asked them, I was told to go to Best Buy or Future Shop.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    you should go to ebay. you'll get 5-6 for about 5$.

Feedback Score
    I picked up the i1. I wasn't impressed with the phone buying experience. I thought they were going to place my old sim card into the i1 - they didn't. They tried to copy my contacts from the old sim card to the new one and after 45 minutes and 3 different ways it was a big no. So now I have to spend the next week retyping my contacts from scratch. Been doing that for the last 3 days which is a big pain.

I didn't get the manual for the i1 from motorola in the box. Did anyone get their's? I was planning on using the temp screen protector until I get a proper one. Well, I got home, pulled the phone out of my coat pocket and the screen protector got stuck and came off. It has this long fold/wrinkle and I tried to put it back one and it now has bubbles everywhere. I find typing with the onscreen keyboard a pain. I want to load 2 ringtones and some wallpapers. Is there any sync program that I can use for wallpapers? I go to a wallpaper site and download new wallpapers. I want to sync the phone with my pc, so that the new wallpapers are found and copied to the phone.

Feedback Score
    I got about 75% of my contacts re-entered. I played with some of the settings. I have the phone switched to 'phone only' mode and the battery lasts 5-6 days, which is the same as my previous phone. I found 3 belt pouches that fits the i1. My criteria was 1) dark colour, preferably black, 2) belt loop on the back so I can wear it on my belt, 3) zipper or velcro enclosure (I hate the magnetic ones!), and 4) if possible I wanted it horizontal. Here's the 4 that I found:

1) Golla Gavin G728 - (Staples, Future Shop)
    2) Slimfit Neoprene case - sku: 5428 (Black's Photography)
    3) Case Logic TBC312
    4) Case Logic TBC303

I have the first 2 cases for the i1. I'm using the Black's case as it has a little more space to it. With the Golla case, it's a snug fit.

Device(s)
    SoftBank 707SC, Neonode N2, Altacel OT-710D
    Carrier(s)
    Telus CDMA... for now
    Feedback Score
    DC will not work when Phone Only is set, if you didn't already knew that. I got a Galaxy S case for my i1, and it works damn fine.
    Tracfone W175g is IMPOSSIBLE to flash. If you don't want to use it with Trac, it's WORTHLESS. Stop PM'ing me!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticePain View Post
    DC will not work when Phone Only is set, if you didn't already knew that. I got a Galaxy S case for my i1, and it works damn fine.
    No, I didn't know that DC won't work in phone only mode, but I have never used DC, so it doesn't matter to me. Which Galaxy S case did you get?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus CDMA... for now
    Feedback Score
    A nameless Samsung leather holster. The i1 is somewhat smaller, but this case fits nearly perfectly, the one little hiccup is that the headset jack is covered when the leather flap is closed, but otherwise it does the job very well. As far as wallpapers go, just drop images on the microSD card, and you then can set them as wallpaper. As for ringtones, go in the music player, choose a track, press the menu key, "Set as ringtone" and bam, you're done. And about "Phone Only" it disables DC and data as well.

Feedback Score
    My brother has sent me some text messages over the last 2 weeks. Today he sent me 2 and I went to send a reply and it looks like it didn't send. I tried to send 2 more text messages, and they didn't get sent either. So it looks like I can receive text messages but I can't send. Is this because I have the i1 on phone only mode? I had my previous phone on phone only mode and I had no problem sending or receiving text messages.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus CDMA... for now
    Feedback Score
    Nope, my own i1 is on phone only and SMS work just fine both ways.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    one of my customer bought this phone and is trying to get Yellowpages (canada) or Poynt working on the phone, from what i've been searching, yellowpages canada is for android 2.1 only

but Poynt existed for Android 1.5, i've downloaded Poynt 1.3 (which is for Android 1.5.4.1 or something like that, but the phone won't let me install, even if i check the unsigned application access or whatever it is called.

Anyone have an apps for i1 for yellowpages canada or a link or whatever?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus CDMA... for now
    Feedback Score
    I've changed my mind on the i1. It used to work fine, but now, when I do not touch the phone for more than 30 minutes, it becomes slow as sloth on tranquilizers, and crashy like you wouldn't believe it. It eventually settles down and the phone's speed returns to normal... but this has became a recurring issue that pissed me off so bad I reboxed the i1 and dusted out the 8350i. Freshly upgraded to 5.0, it works so damn better. The i1q's announcement also royally pissed me off.

Feedback Score
    JusticePain, I'm sorry you're having problems with your i1. I'm having 1 or 2 small problems myself (one is for some reason I can't send text messages, I was planning on contacting Telus to see if the problem is on their end). I did get a text mesaage from Telus yesterday about going to Motorola's site (www.motorla.com/myi1) and upgrading the software. I took a look at it last night but you're suppose to back up your data before the download/install and I haven't gotten around to that yet. I'm pretty swamped so I don't know when I'll get around to it. Not sure if this upgrade will help you or not.

Speaking on the i1q - I never heard of it until you just mentioned it. I did a google search and found a picture of it - I didn't like it. I like the i1 better. They also mention a i1x - but I can't find any pictures on it.

Feedback Score
    Well, I definitely have a second problem with my i1. One week ago I got my first voice mail message on it and I had to figure out how to do voice mail on the i1 (it's my first touch screen and first android phone). I ran into several problems - when you hold the phone to your face, the touch screen turns off, so you have to unlock the screen AND bring up the keypad on the screen to enter your pass code. So after I dial voice mail, I have to unlock the screen, turn the speaker on, and I slide the tab on the bottom of the screen up to get the keypad. This is where the problem occurs. I try to enter my pass code and it doesn't work, I press the number keys and the touch screen doesn't register the numbers and the input line remains blank. The voice mail then times out and I have to call back and try again. I've tried pressing the numbers harder and repeatedly and sometimes it registers a number. I have to call voice mail 4 or 5 times before the keypad starts to work correctly and I get into the voice mail menu.

Weird thing is if I go to the home screen and tap the green dialer button on the bottom left corner to bring up the keypad - it works no problem, it picks up my key number presses. I got my second voice message today and I had to go through this again. Also when I got my first voice mail message on the i1 last week, when I finally got through, I had to redo my voice mail setup - I had to reset my pass code, re-record my name, and re-record my greeting. I don't understand why I had to do this just because I got a new phone, the voice mail is on Telus's end. I guess I have to send Telus an email explaining these 2 problems and hopefully get them fixed.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus CDMA... for now
    Feedback Score
    The screen turning off when in call is related to the Proximity sensor. Disable that and this should take care of the problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast