Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fido retention plan negotiation tutorials/primers

Feedback Score
    Sorry folks, I recently got a new computer and since then the forum won't let me edit my previous posts to update information, so I'm adding updates here...

Effective today, there are changes in the retention LD option options; these replace all the old ones from the tutorial

Canadian LD: 5$ 100LD; 10$ 500LD; 15$ unlim can ld

north american LD (canada/us): 10$ 100LD; 15$ 500LD; 20$ unlim can/us LD

International: 15$ 500 Min LD Asian countries (China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, Bangladesh, south korea)

-----

Also, there is a "grandfather clause" exception to the HUP rules for customers who have a voice plan with data option on agreement activated prior to Dec 1st, 2010:

A- you will be eligible to renew under the same plan and data option. You will need to make the renewal via phone agents (611), and your new phone will be shipped to you. (If you have credit on the account, don't expect to have them renewed automatically)

B- As soon as you change either the data option or the voice plan, you forfeit the grandfather clause. (you would not be able to go from a smartphone data option to the equivalent bb data option)

-----

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Keep up the good work thirstyears.

As for the forum problems, try changing your "Forum Skin". I know that doesn't make much sense, but for a while I was having problems being able to edit posts but when I changed from the Forum Default to the Premium Skin, everything started working again. Settings->General Settings, near the bottom "Forum Skin" setting.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/6GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Feedback Score
    Thanks Ceredon for the suggestion, unfortunately still don't get the "edit tab" on my older posts... I'm thinking it's a cookie issue, not a profile/account setting issue :-(

Device(s)
    ◊۪۫۰Sony Ericsson W760
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Fido will stop offering retentions offer as of June 7th.
    The already activated offers will be maintained but there will be no more "new retentions" plan that you'll be able to get.

Feedback Score
    Loyalty offers and retention offers are not the same thing.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pll View Post
    Fido will stop offering retentions offer as of June 7th.
    The already activated offers will be maintained but there will be no more "new retentions" plan that you'll be able to get.
    So, whats the new offer, I don't believe that they offer nothing to keep their customers.
    I will try tomorrow and see what is offering.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Liar View Post
    Loyalty offers and retention offers are not the same thing.
    ...cryptic...

Feedback Score
    I think what Bad Liar is saying is that they are the same thing. For the first time, I've had the CR agent tell me - you've been with Fido 10 years, yada yada, we can definitely do this for you...yada yada....rather than me indicating that I have 5 lines etc....what I am trying to say as it seems they are being more proactive and rewarding loyal customers instead of being reactive and trying to retain them...
    I'm not telling you anything that you can't just google for yourself

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    ...cryptic...
    Heh, what I meant was that the now defunct loyalty offers were basically just the older plans pre Rogers buying Fido. They all included system access fees in them as well.

Retention plans, as what most people on this board have, are different than those.

And yes, they're often proactively offered to people.

Feedback Score
    UPDATE:

THIS PLAN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE:
    $35: 250 Daytime; Unlimited E+W @7pm; Unlimited incoming; CID; 100 Cdn LD

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Change to above 25$ credit rule

tonight a retention agent offered me,

200 Min
    eve @5
    10$ VP credit
    2500 sms
    C/D
    VM

as well as a secondary gift a bonus of 50 minutes for the duration of two years.

therefore

policy changed that credits cannot be applied for plans below 25$

Feedback Score
    As I can't seem to edit my previous posts, rather than keep adding changes as addendum...
    Please follow this link to find more up to date information on plans and options available through retentions:
    http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido-.../#post10978753

Device(s)
    Nokia 6301
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I'm jsut wondering about my recent bill. Ever since I renew and got the iPhone 4 from fido I have never seen a monthly credit of $5. All of a sudden it appeared on my last bill. I don't remember what I've negotiate with Fido way back when I renewed, is it possible that Fido made an error and now they're jsut making up for it?

Feedback Score

iPhone Value Pack

Hi Guys,

Is the $10 iPhone value pack still available through retentions? It included CID/ND, VVM, and 2500 text messages. And if it is, is it possible to add it along with a flex data plan ($10 for 100mb)? Or does it need to be a larger data bucket? Thank you.

Feedback Score
    They got rid of the $10.00 Retention Value Pack over 200 days ago...

Anyways it wasn't even a Value Pack with VVM...

However you may have the $20.00 Value Pack with Call Display/ Name Display, Visual Voice Mail, Who Called and Unlimited SMS & MMS in Canada...

Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdGB View Post
    ...Is the $10 iPhone value pack still available through retentions? It included CID/ND, VVM, and 2500 text messages...
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast