Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fido retention plan negotiation tutorials/primers

Feedback Score
    Yes the $10.00/$100MB is available for the iPhone with any Value Packs & Price Plans...

Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdGB View Post
    ...is it possible to add...a flex data plan ($10 for 100mb)? ...
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Feedback Score
    Oh ok, thanks for the info. What I'm trying to do is help someone get an inexpensive Value Pack plan (that's the same or similar to the $10 retention iPhone Value Pack) along with the $10 flex data plan.

I know there is the $30 plan but is there any other option? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    They got rid of the $10.00 Retention Value Pack over 200 days ago...

Anyways it wasn't even a Value Pack with VVM...

However you may have the $20.00 Value Pack with Call Display/ Name Display, Visual Voice Mail, Who Called and Unlimited SMS & MMS in Canada...

Feedback Score
    Well... Price Plans without CD, PVM and or SMS (Such as some retention ones) can be mix with the $20.00 iPhone Value Pack...

But with the Fido Garden Plans (SMS included) for most of them the $10.00 or the $15.00 Value Packs are plenty enough to do the job...

As for the $30.00 Retention Value Pack, it is only available with a 36 Months Fido Agreement (Because of the 500MB Internet Access).

Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdGB View Post
    Oh ok, thanks for the info. What I'm trying to do is help someone get an inexpensive Value Pack plan (that's the same or similar to the $10 retention iPhone Value Pack) along with the $10 flex data plan.

I know there is the $30 plan but is there any other option? Thanks.

Fritz Z24...

Sent from my Apple iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMOBILUS View Post
    I'm jsut wondering about my recent bill. Ever since I renew and got the iPhone 4 from fido I have never seen a monthly credit of $5. All of a sudden it appeared on my last bill. I don't remember what I've negotiate with Fido way back when I renewed, is it possible that Fido made an error and now they're jsut making up for it?
    What your new package now?

Fritz Z24...

Sent from my Apple iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    hey all. just wondering if fido still offers the 6gb for $30 data plan. i just signed a 3 year contract last week and the guy who signed me up told me to talk to customer service and id most likely get the plan. so i called CS today the they said the plan is no longer being offered and that it expired march 31. is this is true or did they just not want to give it to me?

Feedback Score
    The regular version expired back in April 4th 2012...

Quote Originally Posted by yodas choda View Post
    hey all. just wondering if fido still offers the 6gb for $30 data plan. i just signed a 3 year contract last week and the guy who signed me up told me to talk to customer service and id most likely get the plan. so i called CS today the they said the plan is no longer being offered and that it expired march 31. is this is true or did they just not want to give it to me?

Sent from my GT-P7500R using HowardForums

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Just call retentions and get it through them.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire
    $49/8GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Just call retentions and get it through them.
    If it was a new activation, they will have to wait 3 months to be eligible for the retention version

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info, guys!
    No loyalty to any canadian mobile service provider

Feedback Score
    The OP is out of date and I can't update it :-(

For the updated tutorial on Fido's retention and unadvertised retail offers see:
    http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido-.../#post10978753

Please keep your questions to the Fido forum, which is here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ty-and-winback!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thirstyears View Post
    If it was a new activation, they will have to wait 3 months to be eligible for the retention version
    youre right about that. i called again last week, and the lady who answered said the same thing,
    but she put me through to someone else (retentions?), and that lady was even cooler.
    she saw that i kept going over my 500mb monthly allowance, (last month by 3 times!) and
    said since i was still in the 90 day period, she couldnt give me the 6gb plan YET,
    but she would give me unlimited data for this month, and then it will switch to the 6gb plan next billing cycle!

got email confirmation for it all and everything! kinda made my day!

Feedback Score
    Do you have to call in order to negotiate a better plan, or can you do it through Live Chat?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thirstyears View Post
    COMMON PLANS, ADD-ONS, & CREDITS AVAILABLE THROUGH FIDO's RETENTION (CxR) DEPARTMENT (regular CSRs & stores do not have access to these offers)

NOTE: All information here has been gathered from RFD or HoFo forums, or PM'ed to me. Customers report receiving conflicting information from different agents, so it can be difficult to know what information is truly accurate! There's no guarantee any of this information is accurate, or up to date. Plans, options, and offers do change. If you can correct inaccurate information, or have new/updated/additional or otherwise useful information, please Private Message me.

Please understand it is at an agent's discretion whether to OFFER any given plan or option. A good way to negotiate your plan is to come across as a loyal customer who is serious about changing carriers; present a good plan from a competitor; & ask that Fido offer you something of SIMILAR VALUE, that will meet your needs. If you can state your needs in such a way that they closely (but not exactly) resemble the plans and options you find appealing here, hopefully the agent will put together a plan similar to what you have in mind, at a competitive price. It's better to gently steer an agent towards what you're looking for, rather than sounding too informed about all these options.

Retention Voice Plans:
    -Many of these plans require you to be CURRENTLY on contract; or agree to a new contract, if currently M2M. If you do not wish to renew an agreement, negotiate & apply your voice plan BEFORE your current agreement expires!
    -All have the expanded Fido/Rogers network, call waiting, 3-way calling, and no SAF
    -All are non-zoned, except those listed as zoned
    -Plans with unlimited [email protected] are sometimes offered/negotiated with [email protected] with a contract renewal
    -Note: F2F=local Fido2Fido; F2F/R=local Fido2Fido/Rogers/RogersHome; [M2M]=this plan is available when currently M2M, without a renewal; *=Supervisor's permission req'd to allow/make exception (getting rare)

$10 Plan: $0.35/min; PLAN EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    $12 No Airtime $0.45/min
    $15 Plan: 50 Anytime minutes; choice of: CID or VM
    $17.50 Plan: 200 Daytime (Billed by the minute); Unlimited E+W 5pm-8am
    $20 Plan: 200 Daytime; Unlimited E+W 7pm-8am; 1000 F2F PLAN EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    $25 Plan -with unlimited incoming: 200 Daytime (Billed by the minute); 1000 E+W 7pm-8am; Unlimited Incoming; Call Display (without name display)
    $25 Plan -with unlimited E+W & F2F: 200 Daytime (by the minute OR by the second); Unlimited E+W 7pm-8am; F2F; 2500 SMS (texts); NO VOICEMAIL INCLUDED ANYMORE
    $35 Plan: 250 Daytime; Unlimited E+W @7pm; Unlimited incoming; CID; 100 Cdn LD PLAN EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    $40 Plan: 700 Daytime; Unlimited E+W 7pm-8am; F2F/R PLAN EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE

'Zoned' plans -using current CityFido zones; (restricted to your home city, otherwise subject to $0.25/min airtime (plus applicable LD charges) when outside your 'zone')
    $35: 4000 outgoing minutes; Unlimited Incoming; F2F/R; 50 Cdn/US SMS; CID; [M2M] PLAN EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    $45: 4000 outgoing minutes; Unlimited: Incoming + Cdn LD + F2F/R + Cdn/US SMS; CID & VM; [M2M] PLAN EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    $35 RETAIL CityFido : Unlimited local calling & Cdn/Int'l SMS (can use in any CityFido zone, otherwise airtime is $0.25/min); add unlimited Cdn LD for $10/mo.; no 'plan credits' allowed;[M2M]

'Non-zoned' Unlimited plans (using regular LCAs, not the larger CityFido zones); no 'plan credits' allowed on any unlimited voice plan
    $35: Unlimited local calling;[M2M]
    $45: Unlimited local calling & Cdn/US SMS;(add unlimited Cdn LD for $10; add unlimited US LD for $10);[M2M] PLAN EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    $40 RETAIL: Unlimited local calling & Cdn/Int'l SMS; (mention Koodo or Virgin talk&text to be offered this); ($10 unlimited LD options NOT allowed);[M2M]

"Koodo competitive offers" Technically these are not retention offers, as any agent can offer them. To be eligible for these plans, one needs to mention Koodo and the fact that their plans have unlimited incoming. (Quoting the competition, as I've been saying)
    $30: 150/unlimited [email protected]/unlimited incoming + 50 txt canada & international
    $40: 300/unlimited [email protected]/unlimited incoming + unlim txt can & inter + MMS + 100 MB mobile browsing [non-smartphone]
    $40: 300/unlimited [email protected]/unlimited incoming + unlim txt can & inter + MMS + unlim BB social networking [can't take an agreement on this data option]

Value Packs: (sometimes discounted via a 'plan credit'*)
    $10 -VP (Voice Mail, CID, 2500 Cdn SMS); WhoCalled is an additional $3 EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    $10 -VP for iPhone (Visual-VM, CID, WC); EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE. (Now $11)
    renewal gift of: 100SMS RENEWAL GIFT IS EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    renewal "gift" of: $5 for 2500SMS RENEWAL GIFT IS EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    $30 -VP for smartphones/Blackberries (VVM, CID, WC, Unlimited Cdn SMS+MMS, 500Mb Data); 3yr data contract req'd (NOTE: NO TETHERING. $0.05 per MB OVERUSAGE RATE)
    Retail Value Packs with text messaging: http://www.fido.ca/web/content/optio...epacks_classic
    Retail Value Packs without text messaging: http://www.fido.ca/web/content/options/valuepacks

Additional minutes, Long Distance, & other features: (most have an associated full or partial 'feature credit'; see credits below)
    -Additional minutes (anytime/local): $10 for 200;
    renewal gift: 50 bonus minutes, NOTE: 36 MONTH TERM REQUIRED
    -F2F/R (local): $10; (Retail F2F is local+LongDistance calls & texts between Fido subscribers: $10)
    -Unlimited Incoming calls: $10
    -Unlimited happy hour 5pm-7pm: $6 (retail) (sometimes offered for free/negotiated with a $6 credit)
    -Canadian LD: $10 for 1000min.; $20 unlimited (retail) EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE (now $10 for unlimited CAN LD. No associated discounts exist.
    -Can/USA LD: $5 for 35min.; $10 for 100min.; $30 unlimited (retail)
    -International LD: $5 for preferred international rates (up to 90% off; including $0.05/min for Canada + US)
    -Canadian SMS (retail): $10 unlimited; $5 for 200;
    -International SMS: $10 unlimited; EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    -MMS: $5 for 100 Picture and Video Messages (retail)
    -CID $8 (retail)
    - Enhanced Voice Messaging (retail) $7 (retail)
    -More retail options are listed here: http://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fido/FidoOptions

Renewal Gifts/Signing Bonuses:
    When renewing/entering an agreement, agents can offer signing bonuses. Which gift(s) you might be offered can be at an agent's discretion as well as other factors. If you’re offered gift(s) you won’t use/aren’t interested in, ask what else they might offer. Again, best not to sound too informed about these gifts; but that's not to say you can't mention some of the features offered as gifts, as features you'll NEED as you negotiate your plan (& that you're willing to sign an agreement)
    -Common ones: Early Eves (5pm) EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    - extra 50 min NOTE: REQUIRES 3yrs RENEWAL
    - 100sms for length of agreement; EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    - 3mo.unlimited local calling;
    - 50min.Cdn.LD for 3mo.;
    - CID or VM for 6 or 12mo.; EXPIRED / NO LONGER AVAILABLE
    - Fido$ (on early renewal): 2yr=$30, 3yr=$50
    -Less common: 2500sms for $5; F2F/R for $5

+++ $5 for F2FR including Canadian long distance exists +++

Retention data options:
    >"Fido will not offer a Retention data option to a customer unless this customer is thinking of renewing and getting a smartphone with 3Y term OR if a Customer wants to remove existing Data option." -FidoSeniorAgent HoFo 2010/05/28
    >Where a data contract is required (6GB, $30VP, & HUP), the base plan must be >= $25

-Flex Data option (NOT available with BB); fee based on actual usage each month: $10 <100MB; $15 100-150MB; $20 150-500 MB; $25 500-1GB; $25 plus $0.05/MB for anything over 1GB to a max of $99999999/month; (US roaming @ ~$31/MB) NOTE: NOT AVAILABLE ON A TERM!!! IMPOSSIBLE TO OFFER ANY MORE WITH PURCHASE OF A SMARTPHONE OR PREMIUM SMARTPHONE!!!
    -$15 150MB for smartphones or 50MB for Blackberry; ([email protected] $0.03/MB) NOTE: IMPOSSIBLE TO OFFER ANY MORE WITH PURCHASE OF A SMARTPHONE OR PREMIUM SMARTPHONE!!!
    -$40 3GB (NOT available with BB). Can be standalone for data sticks, or added to a voice plan
    -$30 6GB for smartphones/BB; 3yr data contract req'd; NO DATA CREDITS/DISCOUNTS ALLOWED
    -the $30 VP for smartphones/BB includes 500Mb; 3yr data contract req'd

Monthly credits: (recurring monthly credits (often for the term of your agreement) to lower your monthly bill and make your plan more competitive)
    -'Plan Credits' (not tied to any feature): $5, $7, & $10; only on plans>=$25*; maximum one plan credit per account*; NO PLAN CREDITS on any of the unlimited voice plans (no exceptions)
    -'Feature Credits': tied to a particular feature
    -'Data Credits': $5 credit possible on $15/$25 data plans; up to $10 credit possible on data plans>=$30 (except 6GB)

General observations/guidelines for credits:
    -CREDITS CANNOT EXCEED THE VALUE OF YOUR BASE PLAN. Also a high ratio or large amount of credits may come under scrutiny of auditors, and may be adjusted
    -All the plans and options available through retentions are good value on their own, even without credits! When you can present a strong offer from a competitor, Fido will add credits to your plan in order to keep it competitive
    -the stronger a competitor's offer, which you can present and use for leverage, the more credits CxR may extend in order to create a competitive plan
    -the larger the plan ($) and more add-ons you have the more credits you might qualify for
    -credits are easier to get when agreeing to a contract (freedom has a price)
    -when not agreeing to a contract, credits are for a shorter term (often 6 or 12 months), after which you will have to call back and renegotiate for them
    -If you have two $10 add-ons (excluding data, which have their own credits) it seems pretty common to get a $10 credit to cover one of them
    -$10 is good/$15 is very good/$20+ is pretty exceptional (and rare) as far as credits on the smaller base plans with add-ons; more have been reported on the $80 plan with add-ons. (rumored max is $32 on plans >$90)
    -occasionally CxR will give a one time credit to cover the cost (or portion) of an option for the term of your agreement, if they cannot offer more monthly credits
    -sometimes (with certain promotions) Fido offers bonus Fido$ when signing an agreement, and purchasing a new phone. (it never hurts to ask for some)
    -If you are considering removing a option, ask CxR if you will be able to keep ALL of your credits. Removing an option may reduce the amount of credits you qualify for
    -at times credits may be more easily obtained, while at others they may be more difficult to obtain; plus some agents might be more willing to offer them than others. Read the last dozen, or more, pages of this forum to see what others have been able to negotiate recently
    -if you accepted an offer, then call in after a month or so to get a totally different package, CxR can remove all previous credits; you are essentially renegotiating your plan from scratch

If you feel you have NOT been offered a competitive plan, then tell the agent and explain why you feel the offer is not competitive; by doing this, I have never needed to ask for a credit.

If you want a new phone: Fido may be less generous with credits if they know you want a $$$ phone, so NEGOTIATE YOUR PLAN FIRST. Research plans & options, steer them towards the right plan, then talk hardware upgrade last. WRONG. WHAT PLANS WE CAN OFFER ARE 100% DICTATED BY WHETHER YOU WANT NO PHONE OR A PHONE AND WHETHER THE PHONE CLASSIFIES AS A PREMIUM SMARTPHONE, A SMARTPHONE, OR A BASIC PHONE. SO IF YOU WANT A SPECIFIC PHONE, MENTION THAT UP FRONT. UNLESS OF COURSE YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THAT GREAT PLAN YOU JUST SPENT 30 MINUTES NEGOTIATING ISN'T ELIGIBLE WITH A PHONE.

To get subsidized pricing on a phone: you generally have to sign a contract & your plan cost $15/month for phones and smartphones without data pricing, $25/month+$25/month term data for smartphones and premium smartphones.

To get a full subsidy on the latest smartphones requires: 3 year contract for voice & data (subject to ECF & DECF); base plan >= $25; , data plan on a term also $25 or more. base plan+data plan-credits >= $50(iPhone/Acer) or $40(BB) (add on features don't count)
    Original threa has not been updated in a while so here is a more up to date thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by facehugger View Post
    Original threa has not been updated in a while so here is a more up to date thing.
    Even that post is out of date! (EDIT: i see that you have indicated which of those plans/options are no longer available)
    As mentioned a few posts back... I can no longer edit the OP, so yes these HoFo Fido tutorials are out of date...

Please see the Tutorials on RFD which have the most up to date information, here:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido-.../#post10978753

As for qualifying for SmartPhone-HUPs, I understand there is a bit of a grey area...
    at one place it says as long as min 25$ voice plan + data option combined at 50$,,, at the other place it says min 25$ voice plan + 25$ data option.
    so some agents may allow:
    a BB on 25$voice + 15$ BB50MB retention data
    for other smartphones 40$voice + 10$ flex data....
    Last edited by thirstyears; 08-24-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for the excellent and detailed tutorial.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast