Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: South Dakota can now convert

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rushaar View Post
    Just curious if anyone else got the txt message from Alltel "Thank you for your phone order. We will notify you again when phone has shipped in the late February or March." I thought that we were suppose to convert in the middle of January. Does that mean that things are starting to lag behind on the conversion in Eastern South Dakota?
    The original migration date was almost an impossible goal given the territory of the last group of markets (UT/MT/WY/SD/ND). The delay will allow the engineering team to complete the buildout and will result in a much better customer experience.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I knew the original goal seemed a little too good to be true. Man I hate waiting!

Device(s)
    Pixel, iPhone X, iPad Pro, LG V30, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Droid: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; HTC Desire CDMA Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote Originally Posted by cclay25
    Quote Originally Posted by rushaar
    Just curious if anyone else got the txt message from Alltel "Thank you for your phone order. We will notify you again when phone has shipped in the late February or March." I thought that we were suppose to convert in the middle of January. Does that mean that things are starting to lag behind on the conversion in Eastern South Dakota?
    The original migration date was almost an impossible goal given the territory of the last group of markets (UT/MT/WY/SD/ND). The delay will allow the engineering team to complete the buildout and will result in a much better customer experience.
    All these markets are now delayed till first of March? That's a big disappointment
    It still shows the same dates on the att website...
    Last edited by sprke81; 11-25-2010 at 02:00 AM.

Feedback Score
    I question whether that was a legitimate response from our orders! First of all, our orders were to AT&T, not to Alltel. Second, the wording on the text message was not proper English and didn't sound like someone familiar with the English language wrote it. I suspect some kind of spam although I don't know the reason.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The message is definitely legitimate. It doesn't matter if the message came from Alltel or AT&T because in your area Alltel=AT&T.

via Tapatalk!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Clay is this delay for all the states?

Device(s)
    LG L35G / Plantronics ML20
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk (formerly AT&T, Alltel, Verizon, and CellularOne)
    Feedback Score
    I too got that message on the 24th. Haven't checked with the local Altel/AT&T folks about it though. Anyone do an official sanity check? I may next week.....

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprke81 View Post
    Clay is this delay for all the states?
    Pretty much, there may be a few markets that are ready by the original schedule but most will not make it.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    And just to think I got a packet yesterday from AT&T (I live in South Dakota) that said how the transition is almost complete and that came with some pamphlet and a thick booklet that had a bunch of AT&T's Terms of Service and FAQ's.

Off by almost 2-3 months now? lol The way this whole thing has been handled has been screwy.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Whitetiger, their only fault was way over-promising. I understand, get the hurt over ASAP - like ripping off a bandage. Some common sense must've prevailed. You know, wait until the network is working well before dumping people on it. After MTPCS's botched transition from CDMA to GSM here a few years ago, trust me, I've seen what can go wrong...

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    Off by almost 2-3 months now? lol The way this whole thing has been handled has been screwy.
    Where are you getting your 2-3 month estimate? AT&T originally said they would have the markets converted within 12 months. The order confirmation you received states the handsets will be shipped on or after 1/18/11. The pamphlets are being mailed to every customer over a 45 day period and contain no dates whatsoever. All the dates that people have been throwing out there are pure speculation. I have posted multiple times that the dates arent being finalized until after the network is ready, hence the perceived "delays".

This is in no way directed at you personally and I know everyone is tired of waiting but rushing things will be bad in many ways. Everyone needs to just relax and be happy when it is finally over. I would rather they take however long they need to do it right and avoid dropped calls, slow data speeds, coverage holes etc.....

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Clay, HowardForums needs a like button!

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cclay25 View Post
    Where are you getting your 2-3 month estimate? AT&T originally said they would have the markets converted within 12 months. The order confirmation you received states the handsets will be shipped on or after 1/18/11. The pamphlets are being mailed to every customer over a 45 day period and contain no dates whatsoever. All the dates that people have been throwing out there are pure speculation. I have posted multiple times that the dates arent being finalized until after the network is ready, hence the perceived "delays".

This is in no way directed at you personally and I know everyone is tired of waiting but rushing things will be bad in many ways. Everyone needs to just relax and be happy when it is finally over. I would rather they take however long they need to do it right and avoid dropped calls, slow data speeds, coverage holes etc.....
    What my order confirmation said:

Your order is scheduled to ship on or about 2011-01-16. Your credit card will be charged at that time.
    On or about. That's like ordering from Amazon and they say your order will be shipped on or about the 16th of Jan., then telling you that 'on or about' has a 1-2 month grace period. On or about a specific date doesn't mean on or about a month or 2 (or longer). This is AT&T's fault for hyping that time frame up. And they have. In numerous interviews through local newspapers and organizations. March is a bit different time frame than mid-January. Thats not an 'on or about'. That's a 'way off'. And even that date doesn't seem to be sticking.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cclay25 View Post
    All the dates that people have been throwing out there are pure speculation.
    With all due respect the dates were far more then speculation. ATT website as of 10 min ago says subs in the last market were supposed to have their phones ordered by Jan 7 and would ship 1 to 3 weeks after that. 3 weeks is Jan 28. Now I can understand that maybe they overpromised a little and will have to push back the date some but just don't think its quite fair to say these dates were "pure speculation". I always wondered how they were going to get all this done by the end of January anyway, in some of the states they have bad weather to contend with also. On a side note I have not got any text message about a change in shipping dates.

Device(s)
    HTC Aria
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by werffless View Post
    I question whether that was a legitimate response from our orders! First of all, our orders were to AT&T, not to Alltel. Second, the wording on the text message was not proper English and didn't sound like someone familiar with the English language wrote it. I suspect some kind of spam although I don't know the reason.
    Yea, what is up with that, you guys over at ATT going overseas for tech support now?

No offense, but "official" messages botched grammatically like that one, do not instill confidence.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast